FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.11

RobertJohnson

Soooooo...... Just out of idle curiosity, are we ever going to be able to cruise down to Fort Knox? :D

I swear I only got on google maps to settle my own understanding of the orientation of the map (main strip runs north/south) & what do I see a few kms down the road?

Im hold up in a warehouse with only some crudely nailed walls separating me from the hoard & the whole time there was a military bunker just down the road. :blink:

Haven't come across many new glitches recently. On occasion zombies will either run on the spot or vibrate.... I have a short video of this happening here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1vOIPDTxo&list=PLChb52_Ylr71IlUk9P3wwNhA4KHkJmzWO&index=1

Other than that the new status names of food has made burned food display as "Burned Uncooked TV Dinner"..... :lol:

Almost as funny as that is the console message when you walk up to a new house:-

ProjectZomboidRC29910-WTF_zps79937c67.pn

Now granted, this is just a hunch, but...... I think there might be a zed in that room  :mellow:  

Oh.... Back on a more serious note. The "Weak" trait doesn't have reduced carrying capacity, currently it is 8.... I'm assuming its supposed to be 4 given that the 4000 - 10000 strength XP range (Feeble) is 6 & the 10000 - 46000 range (normal) is 8

Edited by ExcentriCreation

Haven't come across many new glitches recently. On occasion zombies will either run on the spot or vibrate.... I have a short video of this happening here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1vOIPDTxo&list=PLChb52_Ylr71IlUk9P3wwNhA4KHkJmzWO&index=1

Other than that the new status names of food has made burned food display as "Burned Uncooked TV Dinner"..... :lol:

Almost as funny as that is the console message when you walk up to a new house:-

ProjectZomboidRC29910-WTF_zps79937c67.pn

Now granted, this is just a hunch, but...... I think there might be a zed in that room  :mellow:  

Fixed the output console message and the Uncooked Burnt, thanks :D

For run on the spot zombie, i'm on it :)

Nice.... good job mate. I doubt many people will be taking the "Weak" trait since it stops you from climbing sheetropes (this is what I read, only just downloading 2.9.9.13 now).... If you fix up the carry capacity on top of how long it takes to force windows open, it should be worth +10 trait points

Yeah, weak should give more points, but the whole traits/profession thing need to be revamp i think... Tho it's not high priority :D

Ok so, I saw ONCE a running on the spot zed, now I'm trying 5x15min on new game to run around and no way to see one of them...

If you reload the game at this place, does the zombies still doing that ? Can you attract them or they just ignore you ?

• Added wanderer zombie, so they will not just stand still, they have a chance to walk a bit (more chance during rain)

I would also like to see the random chance (small chance) for a running zombie after playing for a long time to increase difficulty end game.

The game follows Classic Romero Zombie law. Zombies don't run. Ever. Thank god.

Difficulty late game is increased enough what with the power and water going out, all supplies being diminished, and zombies flowing in from other cities in hordes.

I cant find any myself, at the moment, to test.... I saw 3 of them over the 24 hours I had 2.9.9.11 (maybe 6 hours play time)

The definitely do agro though, 1 I had to hit before he came at me & another didn't see me until I was maybe 3 tiles away.

Sorry to stack up the work but I keep remembering things, torches work ALOT better but they drain batteries as long as they're equipped regardless of weather they are on or off

30 minutes left to download 2.9.9.13, next time I see a zombie running on the spot I will try the reload & post again.... should probly move to that forum as well :D

@ Geonjaha - It was just easier to say "running on the spot" rather than "fast shambling on the spot" :D

Edited by ExcentriCreation

I cant find any myself, at the moment, to test.... I saw 3 of them over the 24 hours I had 2.9.9.11 (maybe 6 hours play time)

The definitely do agro though, 1 I had to hit before he came at me & another didn't see me until I was maybe 3 tiles away.

Sorry to stack up the work but I keep remembering things, torches work ALOT better but they drain batteries as long as they're equipped regardless of weather they are on or off

30 minutes left to download 2.9.9.13, next time I see a zombie running on the spot I will try the reload & post again.... should probly move to that forum as well :D

@ Geonjaha - It was just easier to say "running on the spot" rather than "fast shambling on the spot" :D

Lovely details, thanks a lot :)

So it's not THAT worse, because they still act like zombie and aren't get stuck... Well, need to smash this anyway :D

Looking for this Torch problem right now bud :)

thanks,

I haven't seen a "stuck" zombie since 2.9.9.10 & they were always on the 1 frame of a shambling animation with no agro or clipping

One more thing, durability/nutrition level of an item has no effect in recipes.... you can use a baseball bat until it breaks, use it with a hammer & nail & get a spiked baseball bat with full durability. Worse still (though still the same problem) you can take rotten bread & cheese, then turn it into a cheese sandwich that isn't rotten. I have a video from 2.9.9.10 showing this with a rotten watermelon & baseball bat, but its definitely still in 2.9.9.11 

watch the video here (skip to 5:35):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3E5B0Bzgno&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLChb52_Ylr73z25OV28xEcfswkUTfr5z5

Problems I've found with this version so far:

- Save file names don't save apart from the first letter (Eg. Make a save called Zombie; it'll be named Z.)

- Blood on first floor still visible on ground floor.

- Inaccurate Zombie kills (Mine was quickly racking up into the thousands for some reason - stopped at 16 thousand).

- Zombies hit invisible walls (usually moving on the spot).

Has the combat been tweaked again? I realise the player cant be too powerful but the speed at which a weapon is swung is painfully slow right now.

If you want to just write some of these down so you know about them, I kinda feel bad about listing problem after problem like this.....

"Wandering" zombies has made it nearly impossible to power level lightfooted & sneaking, which is a good thing, but there is another power level exploit for aiming that could use a look.... The XP gain in aiming, while using a pistol, isn't only based on the zombie that you shoot. I don't have access to the exact details but it looks like you gain XP for every zombie in your weapon arc.... every zombie that you COULD be shooting at while facing that direction. Using this method I've gained 3 levels in aiming while only shooting 24 bullets

If you want to just write some of these down so you know about them, I kinda feel bad about listing problem after problem like this.....

"Wandering" zombies has made it nearly impossible to power level lightfooted & sneaking, which is a good thing, but there is another power level exploit for aiming that could use a look.... The XP gain in aiming, while using a pistol, isn't only based on the zombie that you shoot. I don't have access to the exact details but it looks like you gain XP for every zombie in your weapon arc.... every zombie that you COULD be shooting at while facing that direction. Using this method I've gained 3 levels in aiming while only shooting 24 bullets

That's what an alpha build is for. :P

As for the experience issue - I've always seen guns as the only one that worked decently; all others gain experience so slowly its not even worth paying attention to them. Considering there aren't that many bullets available in the world anyway it is helpful, and also makes sense. After shooting a couple dozen times you'll have gotten pretty decent at it.

I'm not saying don't fix this possible bug - I'm just saying that overall the skill system needs balancing; because right now it just advances far too slowly, even for getting Level 1 in something.

As for the experience issue - I've always seen guns as the only one that worked decently; all others gain experience so slowly its not even worth paying attention to them. Considering there aren't that many bullets available in the world anyway it is helpful, and also makes sense. After shooting a couple dozen times you'll have gotten pretty decent at it.

I'm not saying don't fix this possible bug - I'm just saying that overall the skill system needs balancing; because right now it just advances far too slowly, even for getting Level 1 in something.

Not so much for aiming, but a lot of the skill levels are VERY powerful.... With level 5 sneaking & lightfooted you can walk to within 4 tiles of a hoard & not be seen by any of them. Sprinting doubles your running speed for each level you invest.... I think the skill system is already balanced, just in a strange way

I got some zombies stuck in a certain spot the other day. It almost looked like they might have been stuck next to a "downed" zombie for some reason, but I'm not sure. I've also had a coupla weird ones where they were stuck in certain spots indoors; for some reason zombies seem to be spawning in furniture a lot this build. Overall the indoors stuff may have just been pathing issues, though.

I think the most desperate fix needed is a cleaner system for weapons that break. They should be unequipped and the player should continue to function normally (aka, being able to still push zombies and be able to strafe normally), and they should either disappear from the inventory or become "broken pieces" or something.

i am still playing this version, i build up little fort on farm with well. After one night i wake up  to  horde  next to my house, but some of them was inside my yard. This yard was surrounded by walls. There was a hole. so i am not sure if this is bug or Z can destroy a wall

I got some zombies stuck in a certain spot the other day. It almost looked like they might have been stuck next to a "downed" zombie for some reason, but I'm not sure. I've also had a coupla weird ones where they were stuck in certain spots indoors; for some reason zombies seem to be spawning in furniture a lot this build. Overall the indoors stuff may have just been pathing issues, though.

I think the most desperate fix needed is a cleaner system for weapons that break. They should be unequipped and the player should continue to function normally (aka, being able to still push zombies and be able to strafe normally), and they should either disappear from the inventory or become "broken pieces" or something.

Agreed, & I keep forgetting about it too.... Its also a bit harsh that you cant look around while using the sledgehammer once you become exerted.

I understand that it cant be used when over exerted but the inability to look around with control key + mouse seems to be the same issue as when a weapon breaks

Not so much for aiming, but a lot of the skill levels are VERY powerful.... With level 5 sneaking & lightfooted you can walk to within 4 tiles of a hoard & not be seen by any of them. Sprinting doubles your running speed for each level you invest.... I think the skill system is already balanced, just in a strange way

The skill system needs a look at in general. To get to level 2 on reloading I need to reload my shotgun 100 times. Considering how rare the bullets are that's very extreme just to get up one level. You currently get cooking experience by having something cook (burning doesn't affect exp.), so you can throw lots of meat into an oven, switch it on, walk away, let it all burn, and get up a level (Hilarious regardless :3).

If what you say is true about the sprinting skill then that means the player can sprint 32 times as fast at level 5 than they could at level 1. That makes no sense whatsoever  :???:. I believe that the sneaking skill has been thrown off a bit with the inclusion of zombies roaming naturally in the latest build as well.

• 1 month later...