FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.11

RobertJohnson

Hey guys, i came here to ask only one thing.
Actually we have the multiplayer split-screen system, so i was wandering if sometime in the future of the game, the actual meta-game will allow to make multiplayer - online games, for example in LAN or over the internet.
Keep up the great work!

Hey guys, i came here to ask only one thing.

Actually we have the multiplayer split-screen system, so i was wandering if sometime in the future of the game, the actual meta-game will allow to make multiplayer - online games, for example in LAN or over the internet.

Keep up the great work!

Yup, local and online multiplayer is most definitely coming one day. The developers are simply building up the core game and singleplayer element before moving on, which is something so many developers today forget to do. :)

Yup, local and online multiplayer is most definitely coming one day. The developers are simply building up the core game and singleplayer element before moving on, which is something so many developers today forget to do. :)

This is true. Except the part about forgetting to do it. Some just chose to do it.

which naturally, i am not a fan of :P

guys just wanna ask, if there is a new news about an upcoming update, for ex ( updates upcoming 2.9.9.12 ), how long does it will be go on live or release?

Releases are usually around the same time as announcements. And yeah, 2.9.9.11 is the next one. Mondoid coming up later today, you never know... ;)

guys just wanna ask, if there is a new news about an upcoming update, for ex ( updates upcoming 2.9.9.12 ), how long does it will be go on live or release?

heh sensitive question around here ;) - really all you can do is read the mondoids and check this forum section- updates are usually talked about here first before they hit desura. but yeah. actual things like "numbers" and "time" dont really like to be discussed. (I check the forum like 3 times a day and feel my heart break every time, for over a year. When a new update appears, it beats me up then shows me its ugly bug side, Zomboid is the most wonderful abusive relationship I could ever hope for... It only hits me cause it loves me. honest....)

Quick question RJ, how come in earlier versions, still in RC2.5, I ran with a bit higher fps. But now, in 2.9.9.10 it's not as high.

I'd just say the game has grown considerably in terms of features and complexity. Then again, I've a got a pretty crappy computer and I haven't ever noticed any low frame rates... :P

Quick question RJ, how come in earlier versions, still in RC2.5, I ran with a bit higher fps. But now, in 2.9.9.10 it's not as high.

But how high is high?

Remember, it was clamped at 30 fps at one point, and often failed to meet that mark.

It was hanging around 30 fps. Looking real smooth, then, I guess in a later update, it started getting real chompy. Around 20 fps.

It was hanging around 30 fps. Looking real smooth, then, I guess in a later update, it started getting real chompy. Around 20 fps.

With shaders on ?

Well, I updated my drivers, thanks to datkid, and it helped quite a bit. But i'm not getting near as much as I was getting. Also, it says my hardware can't fuck with the shaders(basically).

remember when we where asked to believe that a week-14 days update schedule was possible after that long wait? :D i sure do.

those where the days.

Remember when that was promised for the time after RC? :D I sure do.

What happened to those days.

And when we believed it could be christmas.

remember when we where asked to believe that a week-14 days update schedule was possible after that long wait? :D i sure do.

those where the days.

Remember when that was promised for the time after RC? :D I sure do.

What happened to those days.

And when we believed it could be christmas.

the years of waiting for PZ has not been kind for my memory ;) i stand corrected. Nevertheless bring moar multiplayer fixes! HYIAAA!