FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.11

RobertJohnson

I'm not gonna lie. When I first played this game, I pirated it......I'm sorry :sad:. However, I have since bought it on Desura (I wanna make that clear) and I do legitimately feel bad about the pirating. I would've bought it sooner, but that was before I knew about the greatness that is a pre-paid credit card.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you can afford it and have a way to buy it, Don't freaking steal! Especially for a reason as silly as "I only buy finished games". It's 8 freakin dollars and worth every penny, and when they raise the price, It'll be worth that much too!

Back on topic, Woo, Hiking bags!

I agree with Notch that trying out a game that doesn't have a demo to keep yourself from being scammed in an age of vaporware is at the very least not morally reprehensible. But that wasn't this person's reasoning, and PZ does have a demo. His was "I'm a caustic, nasty person and I don't want to pay people for their hard work even though I'm going to continue using it."

Pirate is obvious pirate? THIS GAME IS DIRT CHEAP AND AMAZING EVEN AT THIS STAGE IN DEVELOPMENT,

I've developed a fun pastime between games by posting filthy abuse on various "how to pirate PZ" vids. It achieves nothing buts soothes my conscience nonetheless.

I've gotten more enjoyment out of this alpha than many games I've spent 3-6 times more on. Keep up the hard work, I think once it's released on steam, sales should go way up too.

I'm not gonna lie. When I first played this game, I pirated it......I'm sorry :sad:. However, I have since bought it on Desura (I wanna make that clear) and I do legitimately feel bad about the pirating. I would've bought it sooner, but that was before I knew about the greatness that is a pre-paid credit card.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you can afford it and have a way to buy it, Don't freaking steal! Especially for a reason as silly as "I only buy finished games". It's 8 freakin dollars and worth every penny, and when they raise the price, It'll be worth that much too!

Back on topic, Woo, Hiking bags!

So long as you're lovely about it and don't flaunt it, it's . . . understandable, but cannot be supported out in the open, as it is Their business. Many of us have pirated the game, including myself.

Anyone who makes a target of themselves through an abusive posting style has to be dealt with, however. To come here and say "I love your game, but I don't trust you and I'll continue to steal it as often as I can, because you won't give it to me for free" (to paraphrase) gets the boot.

HIKING BAGS! YAY!

Also, did not see that coming. I didn't believe it was possible for someone to be so stupid as to admit to pirating on the very forum of the company that made the game. I'm willing to admit that I'm not that big a fan of Desura, but I bought the game off of them anyway because I wanted PZ that badly.

If you pirate a game, and like it, you should buy it. It's that plain and simple.

Is it a bag we use to hike with or does it travel under some sort of dark power by itself?

It's a hiking bag, so it has its own legs and walks behind you at a reasonable distance.

What did AJ Do now? H_bomb was my old primary account, i was letting him use it, you see, he has anger issues and he rages alot at trolls and just annoying trash on the internet that we would otherwise ignore. Hell, He Punches the wall nearly every time he gets bit by a zombie, pretty hilarious but that's not the point.I rode my bike to the store to get a mountain dew and him a coke, when i came back home, he was raging and hitting his computer, when i asked him what he did,

He said he got banned,  
I read what he said, heck, other people have pirated, even a moderator, a moderator! and he got banned, while i think Aj flaunting the shit around because we don't own credit cards is negligent, we actually did try to buy it, but we can't buy online items with real physical dollars, I am going to have him type this next part Never mind he's still pretty angry, he want's to curse and strangle you but i am not going to let him type anything because i don't want this banned too, Okay, yes we pirated it, but we will buy it once it goes to places like gamestop where you can buy the physical game with actual money, my parent's won't let me get a credit card nor let me use them, Aj's parent's the same. We will try to do chores and raise up money for the both of us to get a single desura account for the both of us, please unban him, before he breaks his keyboard, he already broke off the * key and the corner minus key and i'm not buying him a new keyboard.

Baaaah, banned.

Hey man, He only has 2 strikes!

Isn't it like 3 strikes?, that's a little unfair not even letting him defend himself, that's like someone saying they have the game and will pay later, but then just taking it from him and preventing him from benefiting the community.Wait, it's exactly that!

I'm just translating his rage into a calm, collected voice.

Hey man, He only has 2 strikes!

Isn't it like 3 strikes?, that's a little unfair not even letting him defend himself, that's like someone saying they have the game and will pay later, but then just taking it from him and preventing him from benefiting the community.Wait, it's exactly that!

I'm just translating his rage into a calm, collected voice.

There is no three-strikes rule for the forum; It's an informal process.

H_Bomb has acted in an overly-aggressive manner in at least 4 instances, two of which he received a warning.

This accumulated in a ban, after he made it clear that he wasn't interested in supporting the game, only receiving it free through torrents.

I'm sorry if you lost an account, but this is the risk one takes when they let others use their account information.

Well "taking it from him" is a bit far fetched if you stole it in the first place.

It's like stealing a playstation 3 and defending it with "well I'm going to buy a playstation 4 when it is out". For me there is no excuse for pirating this game no matter how hard you try.

H_Bomb has acted in an overly-aggressive manner in at least 4 instances, two of which he received a warning.

This accumulated in a ban, after he made it clear that he wasn't interested in supporting the game, only receiving it free through torrents.

I'm sorry if you lost an account, but this is the risk one takes when they let others use their account information.

Dammit i now have to port over the avatar and everything.

And buy him a new keyboard.

Well it was not all him, i posted all the topics, and wrote them, i never commented but 1-2 people.

If you have money to buy a new keyboard you can go out and buy a $ 10 prepaid card. You can get a $ 10 card from WalMart for the low low price of $ 10.

Also, I didn't say I pirated zomboid. I've always owned a legitimate copy of it- I have enough disposable income that I can waste $ 10 every once and a while and end up with a bad game (I knew PZ wasn't going to be anyways, since we have the demo). I just said that I agree with Notch's stance on the info.

Also somewhat fuzzy about how it's your old account since these forums are only 3 days old? And if he can't behave then perhaps he should just stay off the forums, or consider telling you what he has to say and letting you type it in a more sensible manner.

Edit: And also worth noting, he didn't say "I'm pirating it 'till I can afford a copy" or "I'm pirating it because there's no possible way I can pay for it with cash right now." He said "I won't buy it until it's released because it could suck."

Rathlord, I said I pirated the game at one point. I ended up buying it shortly after. And a dozen times after that for numerous people.

Pirating is just slightly beside the point; it's the expression of it in an abusive way that was the problem. These forums have gone to some pretty dark places, in short order, over this sort of thing.

The old H_Bomb: http://www.theindiestone.com/community/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14528

Be careful if you guys go down the pre-paid route. Some of those cards will not work for online purchases.

If you have money to buy a new keyboard you can go out and buy a $ 10 prepaid card. You can get a $ 10 card from WalMart for the low low price of $ 10.

Also, I didn't say I pirated zomboid. I've always owned a legitimate copy of it- I have enough disposable income that I can waste $ 10 every once and a while and end up with a bad game (I knew PZ wasn't going to be anyways, since we have the demo). I just said that I agree with Notch's stance on the info.

Also somewhat fuzzy about how it's your old account since these forums are only 3 days old? And if he can't behave then perhaps he should just stay off the forums, or consider telling you what he has to say and letting you type it in a more sensible manner.

Edit: And also worth noting, he didn't say "I'm pirating it 'till I can afford a copy" or "I'm pirating it because there's no possible way I can pay for it with cash right now." He said "I won't buy it until it's released because it could suck."

Well yes, i made this account because we were banned. only allowing him access to it, did you notice how on some responses H_Bomb was nice, and on others a total Douche? That's how you may tell the difference. He told me that he was editing the post because he too thought it was dumb, but when he hit done, he couldn't, he was banned.

I also pirated the game, but that was back in 2.0.0q. I actually PLANNED on buying it, but I didn't have the money at the time (This was before I got a job and I've never gotten an allowance) and I REALLY wanted to play the game, so I grabbed it of TPB. But as soon as I scraped together $8, I threw the pirated version in the recycle bin and bought it and no longer felt like a prick for not paying for such a great game.

Really though, I felt like a dick for pirating the game even though I had no other means of getting hold of it until I found some money laying around.