Build 26 Custom Maps & Spawn Locations

EasyPickins

• 2 months later...

After reading this post, I guess that with the present version, not only Custom Maps but Mods are availabel in Multiplayer too.

To add a Mod, Am I to use the name of the folder inside Zomboid/mods  ?

Q1 What If the name has a space?  Ex: Mods=Craftable Sandbags  or  Mods=CraftableSandbags

Q2 Are the _MACOSX  and  RMUtility to be added to the list too?

Mods=CraftableSandbags,CraftHelper,Pillowsilencer,RMCoordianteViewer,RMLockpickingMod,RMUtility,Spray,TurnTail,waterPipes

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if i'm doing this correctly please help me somebody. I am trying to get all the current map mods working for my private server for just me and my friend is this possible? Even just getting Bedford Falls setup as shown through the post isn't working for me. I have all of them installed normally  and they work great on single player. I have also changed the .ini to have the proper changes as listed in the first post and even got the custom spawns working right. Is this all I need to do because i'm restricted to what seems to be one cell when I spawn in Bedford. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the last thread I made got no response as It probably wasn't in a very busy forum section.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if i'm doing this correctly please help me somebody. I am trying to get all the current map mods working for my private server for just me and my friend is this possible? Even just getting Bedford Falls setup as shown through the post isn't working for me. I have all of them installed normally  and they work great on single player. I have also changed the .ini to have the proper changes as listed in the first post and even got the custom spawns working right. Is this all I need to do because i'm restricted to what seems to be one cell when I spawn in Bedford. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the last thread I made got no response as It probably wasn't in a very busy forum section.

Good luck man. I cant a reply from this site to save my life. FYI im trying to figure out the same thing but there seems to be an elitist attitude on here towards newbies.  

Good luck man. I cant a reply from this site to save my life. FYI im trying to figure out the same thing but there seems to be an elitist attitude on here towards newbies.  

Good idea to make your own thread, stating your question. Or did you and I am just not seeing it? If so, would you mind linking?

Because from this post and the one you quoted, I can't really tell what the question is.

Good idea to make your own thread, stating your question. Or did you and I am just not seeing it? If so, would you mind linking?

Because from this post and the one you quoted, I can't really tell what the question is.

Obviously you havent looked at my previous content. That coupled with the many articles Ive posted questions on and received no replies to. 

As for this I dont think its too difficult to get what Spartanz and I are asking for. A step by step guide on how to install custom maps onto a private server for all to use. Most people arent well versed in modding like seems to be expected around here so making things a bit 'dumbed down' would be a great help. There also doesnt seem to be a clear source for downloading the custom maps. Are all maps able to be overlapped onto the base map like PZ map project seems to imply? 

Obviously you havent looked at my previous content. That coupled with the many articles Ive posted questions on and received no replies to. 

As for this I dont think its too difficult to get what Spartanz and I are asking for. A step by step guide on how to install custom maps onto a private server for all to use. Most people arent well versed in modding like seems to be expected around here so making things a bit 'dumbed down' would be a great help. There also doesnt seem to be a clear source for downloading the custom maps. Are all maps able to be overlapped onto the base map like PZ map project seems to imply? 

Okay, apparently you do mind linking.

People not responding to your thread might just mean that they don't know.

With the amount of threads and posts we get we unfortunately can't cover 100% of them. 

Thanks for the feedback, though. We'll see about adding a guide to our FAQ soon.

Maps and other mods are usually downloaded here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/45-pz-modding/

They usually come with instructions on how to install the maps. The process of doing it on the server doesn't really differ much as the folder path structures are roughly the same. The process isn't exactly "newbie friendly" atm, though, you're right.

We are looking to provide Steam Workshop support int he future, streamlining this process.

The map modders themselves have to add the map to the vanilla map. 

Why is there very few guides or help for adding a custom map to a server? Because very few people do it.

Effectively, you just install it the same way you do a normal map mod, but on the server. Follow the readme or thread for that specific mod and, though things like zones and spawnpoints might be broken (since no map is distributed as a mod yet), the client will then download the modified map from the server.

Chances are you'll also get more help by asking for help with a specific map in the specific map's thread . . . assuming it's even actively being developed by the modder.