Build 26 Custom Maps & Spawn Locations

EasyPickins

I copied over the Bedford files from Ringods post into the maps folder without overwriting the Muldrough map files, then I copied the iso class files that EasyPickins posted earlier in this thread. Since I wiped my server when it wouldn't work I do not have the logs.

You have to place the Bedford Falls map files (lot and lotheader) within the mod provided in the first post here. You then have to create a servertest_spawnpoints.lua and a servertest_spawnregions.lua and alter your servertest.ini to link to the servertest_spwanregions.lua and to the Bedford Falls modID.

Well I am still unable to get the map to work and I did all the instructions provided, see my provided files of my configurations and the console log. I got the lot and header files from the V2 file from Ringods post and copied them into the Bedford folder. Its clear I am missing some lot file but I can't find it anywhere not even in the Muldraugh folder.

console log.txt

servertestini.txt

servertest_spawnregionslua.txt

Well I am still unable to get the map to work and I did all the instructions provided, see my provided files of my configurations and the console log. I got the lot and header files from the V2 file from Ringods post and copied them into the Bedford folder. Its clear I am missing some lot file but I can't find it anywhere not even in the Muldraugh folder.

Same error here, I cannot fathom where I went wrong with setting up this server. I just want to play Bedford Falls with 2 or 3 friends...

edit: I've erased things and redid them at least 6 times now, including installing PZ itself.

So Im trying to get Bedford falls V2 working on my server but i don't know what to put to the''mods='' place, so the server console points out that it can't find the map and everytime me and my friend try to join it says we don't have the mods required. Even though we can both run it in singleplayer just fine. Would appreciate help.

Hey there,

I've been running Bedford Falls V2 for two or three days now with zero issues on my private server. We decided to start from scratch, after a lot of issues I finally ended up deleting and reinstalling everything fresh. All my player files, server files, everything. Followed all of the instructions and installations for both single and multiplayer to a T, same way I did last time. Every time I (or anyone for that matter) try to enter the server it kicks me saying I don't have the mods required to play, but I've got them installed properly (can play single player no problem with the map).

Any clues? Haven't been able to find this info anywhere!

Thanks!! :D

Deb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got a bit of a problem trying to host a Bedford Falls V2 server and was hoping to get some help. Found the .zip file for the map at http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6672-bedford-falls-test-v2/

First off I installed the map the map so it works in single player (simple drag and drop to "SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid" and merge the media folder). I launched the game after that to make sure the map worked and it did without any problem at all.

Secondly I ran the ProjectZomboidServer.bat so the folders in "C:/Users/Zomboid" would be generated. Once the folders had been generated I changed the file servertest.ini to look like MappyToolins said (see below) and also added the media file from Bedford Falls V2 to the mods folder.

Mods=BedfordFalls

Map=Bedford Falls, KY

However, no matter how I try the server still runs the standard map and whenever I run the ProjectZomboidServer.Bat I get a message the start saying "MOD: required mad "BedfordFalls" not found".

If anyone could give me a detailed guide so I can get this to work, or know what Im doing wrong, I'd be really greatful.

[...]

That´s because you have done it wrong. You need to setup Bedford Falls as a mod, not as stated in the Bedford Falls thread. Did you read the first post here in this thread? It pretty much summed up what you have to do.

So download the zip from the first post here, than put the Bedford Falls files in there, create your spawnpoints, adjust your server-config and you should be good to go. All the clients need to have the mod than to connect.

• 4 weeks later...

does it work with Version 2 of bedford falls; im sorry for been dumb but can someone explain with more detail.

by steps please

1. download Ringods map

2. download Easy's mod folder

3. move all ringod lot files and the other ones in muldraugh to Easys mod folder (bedfordfalls ky)

4. iso files where do they go?

5. im stuck -.- in step 4

i still get, map not found after following what easy posted, i have it under mods, i downloaded his file on the first post, then i downloaded ringod v2 mpa got all the files out and placed them in Easy's. i dowloaded the iso files and put them under zombie/iso...and still nothing, what am i doing wrong,?

1_zps2b43b403.png

2_zps1ab9a539.png

4_zps6aceac32.png

3_zps12b9e2a1.png

7_zpsc9df1600.png

6_zps065ea160.png

5_zpse2317a45.png

Dr.Cox. i still get "not found error"

11_zpsc6d0c28f.png

12_zps3b6c3a6e.png

and the screen freezes when i try to get in the server

Capture_zps1b4f614e.png

Is there something im missing?  The same goes for payno weapons mod, and the APcom mod, im putting them in mods folder under users, and adding them to the Server Ini? i got the lastes update for the game.

You still get the "missing map" error because you wrote it wrong again. You have to use the exact same text which is written in the mod.info file at the id-tag.

You wrote "Bedfordfalls", but you should write "BedfordFalls" when you are using the zip-file from the first post.

thank you Dr.Cox i got it to work incluiding Turbo-apcom mod :D

134_zpse100cc10.png

but where exactly is bedford located"?

what roads do i take to reach it? Im sorry to ask many questions, i dont know how to make it a electable location in the beginning so im walking to it ..

if anyone can, if and only you can, can someone post the code to put it as a electable location? 

• 4 weeks later...

I understand man, i got it working now, but now i get this error.

:cry: this is so complicated, if its not one thing, its the other.

11111_zps4c639c93.png

Agreed.  I'm a programmer and generally have no problems with ANYTHING computer related and I'm finding this to be one of the biggest pains in the ass ever.