As time goes by...

Bjerk

I have this game in where I've killed about 5k zeds and my character still gets panicked when he sees ONE damn single zombie! Wouldn't it be a fair implementation to gain traits as you overcome different situations? (f.e. getting the "brave" trait once you've killed an specific amount of zombies, or becoming overweight if you eat too much -or too much chips...-, etc.).

"Oh, thank God -- I now know where all the others are."

I agree with this, it's just that if you see a random horde walking around and you get your shit together before you fight the i.e take a few seconds before fighting them, you shouldn't get panicked. 

Following this topic, don't you think that traits could be then more RPG oriented? For instance, you could eventually get the coward trait if you are always inside your safehouse and the whole set of traits could change depending on your actions. Also, if you think about sprinting, why do you need to spend UNCOUNTABLE HOURS running to get fit (= fulfill the 5 slots)? And conversely, how can you be a whole month stucked at home without losing your fitness? Just random thoughts...