[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

You have to do it manually in Steam. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/ This link gives you a code at the bottom page and instructions how to use it, when you do steam will download the new version. Remember to back up your save first!!

Also, I've done this now and still cannot log into the server. Am I doing something wrong or is it down at the moment?

You have to do it manually in Steam. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/ This link gives you a code at the bottom page and instructions how to use it, when you do steam will download the new version. Remember to back up your save first!!

Also, I've done this now and still cannot log into the server. Am I doing something wrong or is it down at the moment?

Pretty sure the server is still down, Aru had to fix the lua problem but he had something to do today.

Thanks!, it might be down and updating.

Also, I've backed up my character, so when I reload my saved character will he be in the same spot I left him?

Yes he will. 

So while this is down I'll urge people to check out our new Storyline Events on our website! Quest like events that help further our IC story and side plots. This means you all will have a hand in what happens to our server. Ex: Will the military fall or need to be taken down? It's all up to your guys. And as an extra little bonus there will be rewards to each quest line ( such as items, special items, and even mentions in further stories/the time line).

There's a whole tab on it, including the quests on the left hand corner of said tab. Clicking the sections of a quest (as they will tend to have more than one part) will tell you the risks Ie: death ect, rewards, and objective(s) of each part of each quest line.

Enjoy. I've also added a poll on the subject for yay, nay, or an iffy. It's on the front page.

The IC radio chat on the website has also been changed to a better messaging program.

Kill Well and Often, 

FoxalypticWorld

Awww Mayor Kosmo Kramer never made it to the roster list :sad:

Also is the server down?

We're working as hard as we can people, I know you guys don't like the server down, we don't like it down either. Some stuff came up yesterday with our Techie, but he's working on things again.

I don't mind it being down occasionally but it's not like it's a rare thing and it's really taking two days+ just to reset and switch to build 27? I really enjoy the server but god is it getting really damn annoying to only be able to play on it about a third of the times I want to.

We're working as hard as we can people, I know you guys don't like the server down, we don't like it down either. Some stuff came up yesterday with our Techie, but he's working on things again.

I don't mind it being down occasionally but it's not like it's a rare thing and it's really taking two days+ just to reset and switch to build 27? I really enjoy the server but god is it getting really damn annoying to only be able to play on it about a third of the times I want to.

I'm sure their doing the best they can, I mean hosting a server like this is not their job and it is completely optional for them to put their time and effort into running a server like this. So I'll be patient. 

It's very-very rare for a well made server to be up as much as everyone wants it to, especially if it is as addicting as I've found this one, but sometimes Real life things come up, problems that can't be fixed immediately happen, and when things aren't in your control you have to wait for it to clear up. 

:) Things will get fixed/smoothed out etc all in good time. Patience is a virtue :D

I'm sure their doing the best they can, I mean hosting a server like this is not their job and it is completely optional for them to put their time and effort into running a server like this. So I'll be patient.

This is how I feel, too. I appreciate the effort being made, too (fedora)

Nah, I think with the map expansions there's way more stuff than the number of players in a server can hoarde before the next hard reset. I think it spoils the "survival" feel when you are a one-man walking Spiffo-Mart -- I'd rather treasure that random spoon thinking I may need to resort to it eventually.

Exactly william carver, Plus theres plenty of other server to play on

This is the only server that actually is fully focused on RP as far as I can tell, others claim to be but they're honestly terrible in terms of RP although fine in PVP/PVE aspect. There is no other choice. This servers the best at what it does its just unfortunately down more times then it's up.

This is the only server that actually is fully focused on RP as far as I can tell, others claim to be but they're honestly terrible in terms of RP although fine in PVP/PVE aspect. There is no other choice. This servers the best at what it does its just unfortunately down more times then it's up.

I have to agree with you on this

Nah, I think with the map expansions there's way more stuff than the number of players in a server can hoarde before the next hard reset. I think it spoils the "survival" feel when you are a one-man walking Spiffo-Mart -- I'd rather treasure that random spoon thinking I may need to resort to it eventually.

I don't know what was the setting the last time the server was online but im sure it wasn't on extremely rare, and still I have been searching for plaster and grey paint forever and I hardly found 6 bag of plaster and 2 grey paint ( And I have been on since it started), I dont say to put the setting on maximum loot but theres a middle, it would be unrealistic to be the first one to loot a giga mart and hardly  find one or two bags of chips. In my opinion the best loot settings would be Normal, but its just my opinion

P.S: I would rather fight with my bare hands then with a spoon :D

I agree with you that it is unfortunate.

(wishes for extremely rare loot and sprinter/weak zombies)

I wish the server would go the 28 Days Later route. Sprinter/Strong zombies.

Honestly the server lag at the moment makes zombie fighting way too easy.

Nah, I'm not fond of the sprinter zombies. I like the more classic Romero style better. Though what I would like to see is that everyone is infected than the blood & saliva. Sorta like The Walking Dead.