[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

All right folks. Good news bad news time. Good news is! I think I found what the issue is, bad news is no ones gonna like it.

The issue; Exception in thread "main" java.nio.BufferUnderflowException

The fix; A hard reset of the server and no longer allowing character transfers from the old server.

What it means for you; Everyone who has a character they'd like to transfer over, mail me screenshots of your character's inventory along with their skills and I'll get the admins to help refund what you will have lost because of this. We can't give back anyone's full skill points without giving them level 5 in everything, so we'll try to make it as equal as we can and give you the books you need to get multipliers for the skills you had.

Any questions?

Gah fuck that, I appreciate it greatly but I'll just start from scratch, might as well anyways, 

Yeah, I'll just start from scratch as well. I'll just tell you what things I had. Besides, I had some stuff to reset some stuff on my character anyway.

So I guess the question becomes... how long before the server actually goes back up?

I'm fine with starting a new character. Hell, I'm even fine knowing we're going to have to basically re-start the world from scratch. (How is that going to effect the story/history stuff, by the way? How are our characters supposed to behave?) The only thing troubling me at all about this is that it's taking so long to get it all back up and running. *shudders* I've got stories to tell. Zombies to slay. screaming and hiding to do.

I get so sad when I have to play singleplayer, now...

Server is back up. Character saves can not be transferred into this server. We have a general starting package and for all older members please tell us your base location so we can give you compensation. However, you CAN save characters from this world, so make sure to back up your saves still. The world simply can't take outside saves.

So I guess the question becomes... how long before the server actually goes back up?

I'm fine with starting a new character. Hell, I'm even fine knowing we're going to have to basically re-start the world from scratch. (How is that going to effect the story/history stuff, by the way? How are our characters supposed to behave?) The only thing troubling me at all about this is that it's taking so long to get it all back up and running. *shudders* I've got stories to tell. Zombies to slay. screaming and hiding to do.

I get so sad when I have to play singleplayer, now...

The simple answer is, it won't change ICly what has happened. I know that's not a good answer, but there is nothing we can do about making the world look as beaten as it should unless the Erosion mod comes out. Our starting month will be around the same time we left off, so things should go smoothly in that regard.

Yup, down again.

As I've said a few times, I'd really be happy to just have a total canon restart if and when it comes back up. I and several others weren't able to screenshot our inventories and will therefore be without our equipment. Plus, with the map's structures and such reverted, I just don't think continuing right where it was all left off is a great idea. Plus, a total IC restart will reverse anyone's deaths due to the horrendous lag that was on the server for the first few days.

tl;dr, can we not have any characters or equipment brought back and just totally begin again?

Alright guys. People have suggested we start the RP over so that all characters who died from lag can live ect ect. I like the idea, I'll revise the Timeline to show it. We'll start at the beginning of the apocalypse, let's say only a week in. Now we'll be able to see as things progressively get worse. 

One of my admins has cleaned up the forum a bit, so it's easier to navigate, we have rumors and events to help flesh out our new story. We also have a donation button on the main website for anyone who wants to contribute to the VPS, and last but not least have a an IC radio section on the website now too, this will work as a separate transmission, a different wave on the radio. 

Kill Well and Often, I'll be working on the timeline. If anyone wants on it PM me or shout out.

Haven't had any problems with the Zombies, Number are huge, But it makes it very realstic. - I mean, it is a Zombie Apocalypse : p - It's super exciting, super nerve wracking and makes you think twice before taking extreme risks. Love it. +1