NO BLOOD PLZ!

Ridickulo

Ok, so i know this is silly for the kind of game it is but...

...Well, my 5 year old really likes to see me play and i don't want him to 'cause of the lavish amounts of blood being wiped into the air.

Could there maybe an option to suppress blood?

Don't see why not, although it would make it more difficult to tell when you had killed them. Alternatively, be a pacifist ;) But even without blood, it's okay for your child to see you bashing in heads with a bat? I really don't think it's a child friendly game, just explaining the concept of zombies is gonna give them nightmares.

Interesting suggestion :)

Here in germany all we want are uncensored games and now someone suggest a "noblood"-option.

I'm for it!

Anyway, I suggest less "bloodgeyser" after crushing a Z's skull! It reminds me at a "tail comparative": "I'd (my Z) sprayed further!" :D

You could spend a few days convincing your kid that it is... sauce?

lol.

Seriously though I can see the practical application for this. Would be nice if it was handled on a slider so that blood could be turned off, down or even up if you wanted.

...Well, my 5 year old really likes to see me play and i don't want him to 'cause of the lavish amounts of blood being wiped into the air.

Bad dad, bad!

Overall, good suggestion. Might prove useful for parents who don't want to let their children experience violence(which they shall unfortunately experience in the future... or witness), and people with hemophobia(fear of blood)! :)

Bad dad, bad!

Overall, good suggestion. Might prove useful for parents who don't want to let their children experience violence(which they shall unfortunately experience in the future... or witness), and people with hemophobia(fear of blood)! :)

Well, the lack of blood won't save them from the violence (you know, because you'll still be smashing heads in with a bat and all that), but it'd still be nice to have it as an option nonetheless.

How did we go from 'please add rape into the game' to this?

WTF are you talking about? that word is not even used in this thread, and the Devs have stated quite clearly that rape will NOT be in this game.

How did we go from 'please add rape into the game' to this?

WTF are you talking about? that word is not even used in this thread, and the Devs have stated quite clearly that rape will NOT be in this game.

I didn't say this thread.

I was referring to this forum.

Also, why do you think the devs had to tell people that rape was a no-no. (clyde)

I didn't say this thread.

I was referring to this forum.

Also, why do you think the devs had to tell people that rape was a no-no. (clyde)

One person one time suggesting something ridiculous doesn't warrant bringing it up every time any other suggestion is mentioned to compare the two. It's utterly irrelevant and doesn't add to the topic- please don't post if you don't have something to add.

well it seems you family cats got your wish as of now there is no blood in atleast my game and I'm pissed. this is not a kids game or a game to play with your child. and if you want to play with your kid then suck it up and explain to him there are walking corpses of townsfolk that have risen from the dead to eat your flesh and the only way to survive is to crush there brains in with a blunt or sharp object. are you willing to explain that no probably not you'd sugar coat it oh no daddy is killing bad men why do they walk funny oh they are drunk let me hit them with this friendship stick to stop them.ugh end rant

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

Skip the lectures, this isn't the place. Contribute to the conversation in a lovely way or don't take part.

It would be fun to make the blood sprites mod-able, so you could have pancakes or waffles instead of blood.  Doesn't TF2 spray party hats and presents in censored versions?

Yep! Would be damn nice! And also yep to the TF2-thingy, here in germany you see flowers and stuff.

or maybe a different color than the standard "Blood Red" could be interesting

Maybe different colors of blood? Bright red for the living or for recently turned. Dark dark dark red for zeds that have been dead a fair while. Brown or black-ish for zeds that have been dead for a long time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8f1bgie9un3ohy/AlmostNoBlood.zip

The above file is as close as I could come today to censoring blood from PZ (without editing texture files). It originally started as a purely Lua mod, but after a few hours, it devolved into altering the Java code slightly to neither save nor load blood data at the IsoChunk level. After a few more hours, I've reached that point with the wall code, but haven't implemented it yet. Effectively, the majority of blood visible in PZ is gone.

Just extract that zip into the Steam\SteamApps\Common folder and let it overwrite ProjectZomboid\zombie\iso\IsoChunk.class

Though it should be fine on any builds 23 and up, please don't use it on any special saves -- though I'm confident it will have no impact, I can't gurantee it and any risks you take are your own. Source code is included.

To uninstall it, validate the local files on Steam:
Right click on Project Zomboid in the Steam library and select Properties. Go to the Local Files tab,  then press the requisite button.
PFy0kmJ.png