Project Zomboid Map Project

You extract it with something that understands .tar archives, such as 7-zip, and open the index.html file contained in it with your web browser.

GAH! Another file extractor!? I hate downloading all this crap (not referring to the map file) its bad enough I have WinRAR. :mad:

Oh well, I'll do whatever it takes for this masterpiece! :-)

EDIT: It still won't allow me to open the file. Step by step would be great to know.

You extract it with something that understands .tar archives, such as 7-zip, and open the index.html file contained in it with your web browser.

GAH! Another file extractor!? I hate downloading all this crap (not referring to the map file) its bad enough I have WinRAR. :mad:

Last I checked WinZip was able to handle .tar files. I guess WinRAR should also be able to extract it.

Oh well, I'll do whatever it takes for this masterpiece! :-)

EDIT: It still won't allow me to open the file. Step by step would be great to know.

Right click on downloaded .tar file > WinZip > Extract to here

post-139-0-38953800-1381135773_thumb.png

If I remember correctly, WinZip is not the zip program from Microsoft (the one that's built in) but is a seperate application that has to be installed. IIRC it's even shareware, now.

Windows default cannot open tar files, so you'd have to install something like WinRar or 7Zip

UPDATE

I've added another 22% of the map, bringing the totally mapped area to 66%.

Go to http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ and see for yourself!

Is it just me or are the markers off now?

Oops, sorry. The map moved a bit (55000 pixels) to the right and I didn't copy the new overlays file over.

Fixed now :)

Also, the grey areas should be black, I'm creating new tiles with that fixed right now.

blindcoder, you should be aware in our move to add West Point we've actually offsetted the world by 100x100 cells (a cell being 300x300 tiles) Turned out going into negative coordinates caused too many bugs so we moved the world for future expansion in all directions.

Not sure how your system works, but you may have to apply a 30000x30000 offset to your mod character's x/y to continue outputting screenshots for the correct area.

blindcoder, you should be aware in our move to add West Point we've actually offsetted the world by 100x100 cells (a cell being 300x300 tiles) Turned out going into negative coordinates caused too many bugs so we moved the world for future expansion in all directions.

Not sure how your system works, but you may have to apply a 30000x30000 offset to your mod character's x/y to continue outputting screenshots for the correct area.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I actually expected something like this already. I'm currently using the center of the hotel as a kind of "fix point" for the point as it's easily recognizable and rich in contrast which makes automatically calculating new offsets a breeze.

I'm using IsoCamera.getOffX() and ...Y() for getting the image coordinates, currently adding a vector of 190000x0 to all coordinates to get all-positive values.

I'll increase this to 220000x30000 then :-)

No, West Point is to the north. The buildingless roads are some sort of trailer park (I assume for military personnel... also goddamn do these people love trailer parks) to the south, on the opposite side of the highway from Fort Knox. Checking Google Maps to get  the big picture is highly recommended.

No, West Point is to the north. The buildingless roads are some sort of trailer park (I assume for military personnel... also goddamn do these people love trailer parks) to the south, on the opposite side of the highway from Fort Knox. Checking Google Maps to get  the big picture is highly recommended.

Nope. It's people from South Carolina who love trailer parks. In the rest of the south, it just comes down to the fact that single and double-wide mobile homes are cheaper than anything else, and we have plenty of land for them down here.

Holy mother of chinese monkey demon...

That thing is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Edit :

Any way to make those POI transparent? IMO that'd look much better and attractive. Just throwin' my two cents here.

POIs are transparent in FF. Which Browser are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Holy mother of chinese monkey demon...

That thing is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Edit :

Any way to make those POI transparent? IMO that'd look much better and attractive. Just throwin' my two cents here.

POIs are transparent in FF. Which Browser are you using?

I meant fully transparent, as for now they have a blue-ish color over them.

I use Google Chrome :P

Fantastic work on the map. I almost cried when I found it (I'm new to the game and lose

my sense of direction at every corner when playing). The map is the most beautiful thing

I have ever seen. :)

It's mindboggling how you managed, but I'm very grateful you did!

Anyway, my question is; West Point is out. Are you planing on updating the map? If so,

how long will it take to include WP? A rough estimate?

And when did you start this map-project? How many weeks did it take?

Thanks again!

Yeah, that blue-ish color is on purpose so you actually see where the overlay is.

What's your suggestion here?

To make it fully transparent, so it doesn't distract you away from exploring the map and only have names pop-up when you hover the mouse over the location that you are interested in.

As West Point will be in an official release on Friday, there's now a timer on the top of the map on http://pzmap.crash-override.net/

Guess what it means :-)

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Indeed, it's the countdown to West Point!

To keep you on edge - and, yes, because I'm a sadist - the map will be released on Saturday 00:00 AM CET, so one day after the release of PZ including West Point on Steam.

But, NO, that's not all!

I'll only release the map one level every hour, on the hour! Level 19 is the most-zoomed-out level and not very useful. The first useful level will be 11 or 12, so whet your browsers and set your alarm clocks (preferrably in a safe-house a long way away from mine :D)