Project Zomboid Map Project

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Crazy ManMan said:

I do not think so, the map is still completely up to date I am pretty sure. I think there just has not been changes to the map in a bit.

The map is not up to date, it's missing a good few areas, small areas mind you, but yeah. It's 2 versions out of date.

Also, a pet peeve of mine is how it refers to the Knox County Challenge Map as Knox County 0.1.5. The challenge map is a remake with a butt load of changes, labelling it as the original version is just flat out wrong.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:24 PM, Crazy ManMan said:

I do not think so, the map is still completely up to date I am pretty sure. I think there just has not been changes to the map in a bit.

Actually there's been plenty of additions like the military base in the woods. We're about to head into Build 41, and the map is still build 39.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The project is nice and all but honestly I'd prefer it not to exist anyway. We're getting to a point in the game where it's much much much more enjoyable to just wander, learn on your own. Just with this last update it's been really exciting finding some of the new buildings.

The only thing holding the game back right now so far is the in game maps, they should be updated and there should definitely be a rarer "county map" that shows general locations of everything. (I know there's a mod for this) Then and only then will the map project not be needed anymore.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, Charleston said:

The project is nice and all but honestly I'd prefer it not to exist anyway. We're getting to a point in the game where it's much much much more enjoyable to just wander, learn on your own. Just with this last update it's been really exciting finding some of the new buildings.

The only thing holding the game back right now so far is the in game maps, they should be updated and there should definitely be a rarer "county map" that shows general locations of everything. (I know there's a mod for this) Then and only then will the map project not be needed anymore.

Well, the map is not in the game after all. You don't need to use it if you don't want to.

14 hours ago, fjrevoredo said:

Well, the map is not in the game after all. You don't need to use it if you don't want to.

I am of the (very few probably) that believe wikis and maps ruin games. Even if they aren't "in game" they still affect the game.

Mmos, sandbox games, doesn't matter. People knowing things without learning first hand is really boring. I've ruined a few games by reading through wikis or using maps and it's not healthy for the entire ecosystem.

8 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I am of the (very few probably) that believe wikis and maps ruin games. Even if they aren't "in game" they still affect the game.

Mmos, sandbox games, doesn't matter. People knowing things without learning first hand is really boring. I've ruined a few games by reading through wikis or using maps and it's not healthy for the entire ecosystem.

This is a sandbox game pal, that's the beauty of  it. Everyone plays in whatever they way they want. Some play completely hardcore with no info or mods. Some other just like to explore and build and even disable zombies entirely. Some use 50+ mods with tanks and miniguns. 

2 minutes ago, fjrevoredo said:

This is a sandbox game pal, that's the beauty of  it. Everyone plays in whatever they way they want. Some play completely hardcore with no info or mods. Some other just like to explore and build and even disable zombies entirely. Some use 50+ mods with tanks and miniguns. 

I've been playing this game for 10 years lol. I know what it is, people can play how they want.

That doesn't change the fact that too much information is a detriment to most games.

(This doesn't mean if you're stuck on something you can't look it up, 50% of content in every single game is DEAD content because the community deemed it DEAD because they deemed it not META. This is the issue with wikis and information.)

A large percentage of people move into the forest and do nothing, build a skybase and do nothing, etc. It's safe, it's the meta for long term survival, is it fun? No. Do some people find it fun? Yes. There's sandbox options for a reason, I never mentioned this whatsoever in my previous post.

Edited by Charleston

• 2 weeks later...