Project Zomboid Map Project

oh man, I was just thinking about trying to make a tool that can read save game map files into a large image.  please man you gotta release this tool or whatever it is you made that can do this.

I gotta check some licensing first, but I think it's possible.

Also, it needs updating whenever the savegame version changes, so it will not work with todays saves. I'd have to look into the changes since October.

oh man, I was just thinking about trying to make a tool that can read save game map files into a large image.  please man you gotta release this tool or whatever it is you made that can do this.

I gotta check some licensing first, but I think it's possible.

Also, it needs updating whenever the savegame version changes, so it will not work with todays saves. I'd have to look into the changes since October.

so it's not something that you made yourself then? can we at least know what it is? whatever version of map it works with I would still like to see it.  and for the time being, can you share the image for the fresh / clear map? how many Gigs is it like 200?

It's a C# program provided by one of the TIS devs. I'll send him a mail regarding licensing and if I can publish it.

The exported map weighs in at around 4.5 to 5 GiB compressed and optimised PNG files.

Edit: Sorry, wrong file.

The ground floor of Muldraugh and West Point is 33 GiB, the floors 1 to 7 are 4.5 GiB due to a lot of transparency in there, obviously.

Edited by blindcoder

It would be awesome for server owners to have a map of the server and with many updates over time anyone can see the progression of the server :D

Thanks blind :)

As I said in an email today, creation of the Muldraugh map takes about 5-7 days on a 4 core i7 server CPU with Hyperthreading (so 8 "cpus" visible to OS) and 32 GiB of RAM.

are the images in the torrent files on the first post in this thread the images the map project is using right now? or are they old version made via screen shots?

They are mostly up to date, though they contain a few bugs that are fixed in the live version. Also, they don't work on all systems.

ALSO, the tracker and my seed are down at the moment due to some circumstances. I hope to have them back up soon.

The code for converting .lotpack files and savegames to PNG files is now available:

https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-mapmap

Most of the code comes from a TIS developer (thanks a million for that!) with the savegame parsing code done by myself. It works up to savegame version 84 which is Build 34.07.

To use it you will need a command line and a tool to compile C# programs.

The code for converting .lotpack files and savegames to PNG files is now available:

Most of the code comes from a TIS developer (thanks a million for that!) with the savegame parsing code done by myself. It works up to savegame version 84 which is Build 34.07.

I build the program with my compiler. but can you give an example of how to give the program arguments? eg how to specify the location of the map files and and what part of the map to make the bmp from?

I build the program with my compiler. but can you give an example of how to give the program arguments? eg how to specify the location of the map files and and what part of the map to make the bmp from?

There's an example in the file runme.bash

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but at the Mall on the vanilla map, there is a sign above the south entrance that says "Crossroads Mall" or something similar; however, that doesn't appear on the map. It's just a small thing and doesn't matter too much if it isn't there, so it isn't a big thing to fix or anything like that. 

4 hours ago, Strats said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but at the Mall on the vanilla map, there is a sign above the south entrance that says "Crossroads Mall" or something similar; however, that doesn't appear on the map. It's just a small thing and doesn't matter too much if it isn't there, so it isn't a big thing to fix or anything like that. 

Yes, this is exactly the right place! Can you give me a PZ Map link as to where that sign is supposed to be?

If you're gonna fix the map, you may also wanna fix the ''Flat Screen TVs'' (like those in the Mall an on the 2nd floor of Cortman's Medical). They've been replaced with CRT ones (PremiumTech TV).

Other than that and the sign, I think there hasn't been any other major change.

14 hours ago, Blake81 said:

If you're gonna fix the map, you may also wanna fix the ''Flat Screen TVs'' (like those in the Mall an on the 2nd floor of Cortman's Medical). They've been replaced with CRT ones (PremiumTech TV).

Other than that and the sign, I think there hasn't been any other major change.

Thanks for the notice.

Since I'm generating the map from the most recent .lotpack files and the .pack files from PZ directly, I believe those wolud get automatically picked up anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have an Project Zombiod Serverproject and i have search an Method to build a MapPicture from the hole World which i can use for server presentation .

So now i have found your tool to sample the save files  to an image .

i have tested it with VS2015 and had a little bit trouble to get it to run. I must copy 2 files from hand into vs2015 to run this build .

First . MMTileDefReader Second .MMBinReader he says there is no one .

Ok i have some Professions to know that he means the Classes and i can give him this classes from your packed .

So now i have found the properties to give him the Path from the content .

Im use for example the first map Muldraugh or so it was a little confusion to do this

-mapsource "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps\Muldraugh, KY"

-gfxsource "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\texturepacks\Tiles.pack" -minx 34 -miny 30 -maxx 37 -maxy 36 -divider 1 -dolayers false , 

ok but then i have try to run this in Debug and get this: "System.ArgumentException" in System.Drawing.dll .

this.subCell = new Bitmap(1280 * (30 / divider), (640 * (30 / divider)) + (192 * 8), textures.format);

So this was the Point where i have think that i dont prog any code in other projects .

So do you have an example what i must do to get my own map from my server i have run the both startmaps and some other 9-10 maps .

I have seen, you have a map project but i need South Muldraugh ,Phönix ,Downtown and so on .

On which Path i must set my serversave files to get the map i need and which serverfiles i need ? or can you explain how it works.

i hope you can help and sorry for my bad English 

Edited by SomiXD

13 hours ago, SomiXD said:

Hi i have an Project Zombiod Serverproject and i have search an Method to build a MapPicture from the hole World which i can use for server presentation .

So now i have found your tool to sample the save files  to an image .

i have tested it with VS2015 and had a little bit trouble to get it to run. I must copy 2 files from hand into vs2015 to run this build .

First . MMTileDefReader Second .MMBinReader he says there is no one .

Ok i have some Professions to know that he means the Classes and i can give him this classes from your packed .

So now i have found the properties to give him the Path from the content .

Im use for example the first map Muldraugh or so it was a little confusion to do this

-mapsource "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps\Muldraugh, KY"

-gfxsource "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\texturepacks\Tiles.pack" -minx 34 -miny 30 -maxx 37 -maxy 36 -divider 1 -dolayers false , 

ok but then i have try to run this in Debug and get this: "System.ArgumentException" in System.Drawing.dll .

this.subCell = new Bitmap(1280 * (30 / divider), (640 * (30 / divider)) + (192 * 8), textures.format);

So this was the Point where i have think that i dont prog any code in other projects .

So do you have an example what i must do to get my own map from my server i have run the both startmaps and some other 9-10 maps .

I have seen, you have a map project but i need South Muldraugh ,Phönix ,Downtown and so on .

On which Path i must set my serversave files to get the map i need and which serverfiles i need ? or can you explain how it works.

i hope you can help and sorry for my bad English 

Hi!

You can try the binary release from here: https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-mapmap/releases/tag/worldVersion_85

Also, in the file runme.bash https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-mapmap/blob/master/runme.bash there is an example call on how to run it.

Be aware that this does currently NOT work with the IWBUMS .pack files (the new tiles), but only the older ones. I'm still working on getting those to run properly.

The tiledef parameter is not needed if you use only .lotpack files (so no savegames).

I hope this helped you. If you need any more information, don't hesitate to contact me here!

• 4 weeks later...