Project Zomboid Map Project

Fantastic work on creating the maps, they are amazingly helpful to newer players finding there way around the cities. I am currently trying to get the offline maps to work also, I have extracted them all into the same directory but it does not show any of the map tiles. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks again for your awesome work.

Hi.

Great that they help you :-)

Can you tell me which torrents you downloaded, where you extracted them and how you are trying to access  them?

I downloaded the current torrents from http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ 2015-02-25, I extracted them to my E: drive (E:\pzmap_offline_20150225), Inside that folder there is the maps folder. I am trying to access the maps using chrome to load the index.html

Fantastic work on creating the maps, they are amazingly helpful to newer players finding there way around the cities. I am currently trying to get the offline maps to work also, I have extracted them all into the same directory but it does not show any of the map tiles. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks again for your awesome work.

Hi.

Can you tell me which torrents you downloaded, where you extracted them and how you are trying to access  them?

I downloaded the current torrents from http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ 2015-02-25, I extracted them to my E: drive (E:\pzmap_offline_20150225), Inside that folder there is the maps folder. I am trying to access the maps using chrome to load the index.html

Do you have the SurvivalL0 directory inside the maps/ directory?

Hi.

yeah, it is located - E:\pzmap_offline_20150225\maps\SurvivalL0

Hm, that's strange. Can you enable the javascript console (F12 I think) and reload the index.html and check what it says?

Hm, that's strange. Can you enable the javascript console (F12 I think) and reload the index.html and check what it says?

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///E:/pzmap_offline_20150225/openseadragon.min.js?_=1427374229424. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.jquery-1.9.1.js:8526 jQuery.ajaxTransport.sendjquery-1.9.1.js:7978 jQuery.extend.ajaxjquery-1.9.1.js:7614 jQuery.each.jQuery.(anonymous function)jquery-1.9.1.js:8104 jQuery.extend.getScriptpzmap.js:841 (anonymous function)jquery-1.9.1.js:1037 jQuery.Callbacks.firejquery-1.9.1.js:1148 jQuery.Callbacks.self.fireWithjquery-1.9.1.js:433 jQuery.extend.readyjquery-1.9.1.js:103 completed

Urgh...

Can you try it in Firefox, please? It seems chrome does not like loading javascript from the local harddisk using the file:// protocol handler ;-(

• The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol. index.html
  • not well-formed openseadragon.min.js:1:1
  • Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ jquery-1.9.1.js:8492:0
  • not well-formed extra.json:1:1
  • not well-formed overlays.json:1:1
  • "AJAX request returned 200: maps/SurvivalL0/map.xml" jquery-1.9.1.js line 603 > eval:6:12994
  • Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery-1.9.1.js:3346:0

Hello , sorry for my bad english i will try to make myself understood.

I want to know if its possible to add custom POI for myself and my team . I have a website for my project zomboid server , I would like to add to my website the game map , that players can add their POI when they want.

I hope you understand me and again sorry . 

Hello , sorry for my bad english i will try to make myself understood.

I want to know if its possible to add custom POI for myself and my team . I have a website for my project zomboid server , I would like to add to my website the game map , that players can add their POI when they want.

I hope you understand me and again sorry . 

Yes, that is entirely possible!

If you just download the torrents and place them in a directory of the webserver, it should work out of the box!

If you want to add custom POIs, that is a bit trickier. I'll document the overlays.json format soon.

Ok so i will buy a new host , a last question ^^ 

Do you think it will be possible one day to see the position of the players on the map in real time, like minecraft Dynmap plugin ?

Thank u and good job for the map .

Ok so i will buy a new host , a last question ^^ 

Do you think it will be possible one day to see the position of the players on the map in real time, like minecraft Dynmap plugin ?

Thank u and good job for the map .

That's an interesting idea, and I've had it a few times, too. But I never bothered implementing anything about it. If anyone wants to, more power to them, though :-)

I can not remember if there was a place to vote of POI or not so I guess I will say this here. The new challenge mode, a really CD DA, spawn point should be on here as a POI it is right here inside that building. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.44160886159965906,0.20908758765958596,197.81359483314137 You spawn in the building right next to the sink and the building is on fire.

You should post that in the Bug Tracker, but you can link directly to a specific coordinate by pressing "Lock Coords", then on the tile you want (a green circle will appear around it) and then share the link of the coords above the "Lock Coords" button. The link will look like this:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#10820x9413

i have to decompress all archives? this is very large with over a milion of files...

Yes, that is correct.

Here's the number of files:

[07:10:48][blindcoder@pallas:/home/www/crash-override.net/pzmap/htdocs/maps]$ find Survival* -type f | wc -l10647769[git:master][A:0][D:0][M:3][?:4][08:22:09][blindcoder@pallas:/home/www/crash-override.net/pzmap/htdocs/maps]$

Yes, it's 10.6 million files and it took around 30 minutes to count.

The map shoud be back up for everyone. If you still encounter problems, please give me a shout!

Since no one else seems to have commented, I'm just posting to say:

1) Map has been working fine again

and

2) Thanks for all your hard work, blindcoder. Most of us would literally be lost without this.

hello,

I'm Italian, I live in Tuscany.

I'm not a programmer, only volumes are a player, if someone has the time and desire because they have a good map of some small town in Tuscany?
My country is well suited for a nice map.
look on google maps, if someone wants, it's nice change from the common map of a village typical of the United States, to a beautiful Tuscan map:-)

This is Figline e Incisa Valdarno, nearly Florence.  :D  :D 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Incisa+in+Val+D%27arno+FI,+Italia/@43.6600695,11.4503515,1559m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x132bb1ef725b1c41:0xb751404a960634dd

hello Gabriele

hello,

I'm Italian, I live in Tuscany.

I'm not a programmer, only volumes are a player, if someone has the time and desire because they have a good map of some small town in Tuscany?

My country is well suited for a nice map.

look on google maps, if someone wants, it's nice change from the common map of a village typical of the United States, to a beautiful Tuscan map:-)

This is Figline e Incisa Valdarno, nearly Florence.  :D  :D

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Incisa+in+Val+D%27arno+FI,+Italia/@43.6600695,11.4503515,1559m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x132bb1ef725b1c41:0xb751404a960634dd

hello Gabriele

Hello.

You should re-post that in the Mod Request subforum. This is probably the wrong place.

I can't get it to work.  I only get the base looking website without any map.  please help with explanation of what to do to get it to run.  from what I can gather I'm putting it all in the right spots but it still not working.

Which torrents did you download? Did you extract all the .tar files in the torrents?