Project Zomboid Map Project

Some help for OS X users:

Shortcuts
  • Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard (if you immediately want to upload it, you can use Cloud (cl.ly))
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

Now that there is an official screenshot function in the game, one could actually make a mod that takes screenshots periodically in the game ;)

So then what do people mean when they use it? I see it used on these forums quite a bit.

It's a bloody dancing emoticon.

So it basically means excitement then?

Back on topic: The trail to the cabin in the woods with the well could use some updating, it is just enough off to trip me up while navigating.

I think so. Maybe it's something really deep, man.

Time to hunt down the secret on the muldraugh's forest !

You know, I've always wondered why there isn't any official map of the world?
I mean wouldn't it be handy for develloping the map?

Ruining surprises?
The fact they want to release the mapping tools after West Point is in should be a hint.
Expect one afterwards.
I feel quite good with the awesome zoomable map, though?

THIS DEFINETLY MEANS THAT THER IS A TREASURE SOMWHERE!!!!11!!!1111!

So grab your torch and let's raid the forest, "The fact they want to release the mapping tools after West Point should be a hintbecause something realy intresting is hiden somwhere in the dark forest, event more interesting than wells !

Moar ! Let's sack this city forest !  :mrgreen:

Time to hunt down the secret on the muldraugh's forest !

You know, I've always wondered why there isn't any official map of the world?

I mean wouldn't it be handy for develloping the map?

Ruining surprises?

The fact they want to release the mapping tools after West Point is in should be a hint.

Expect one afterwards.

I feel quite good with the awesome zoomable map, though?

THIS DEFINETLY MEANS THAT THER IS A TREASURE SOMWHERE!!!!11!!!1111!

So grab your torch and let's raid the forest, "The fact they want to release the mapping tools after West Point should be a hintbecause something realy intresting is hiden somwhere in the dark forest, event more interesting than wells !

Moar ! Let's sack this city forest !  :mrgreen:

Woah, you are extremely excited  (clyde)

you have no idea how helpfull this has been for me, a newish player, especially with the new map! Thank you very much for your contribution to the community! for the time being I have to play with low graphics settings, could I still help or would the quality be too low?

UPDATE

I've remapped part of Muldraugh and mapped some of the surrounding wood up to McCoy, vastly improving image quality:

Updated area: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5333758133807337,0.4015709320385438,2.2079060110883706

You can see the improvement of image quality very nicely around McCoy: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4445744735876103,0.36646910062112925,23.62309413020655

I added the Kate and Baldspot house, chapel, and storage lots to the list of POIs.

YAY I'M HELPING.

Well, no, you're not. The POIs you add yourself are stored in your browsers DOM storage (like a cookie), they are not passed on to the map.

If you have a few POIs you want to add to the public map, give me a link and a description here and I'll add them, credited with your name.

Amazing idea to do such a detailed map with zoom/unzoom function.From your map i am already learned bunch of useful places.Good work. Btw offline map will be just great.

If you have an idea how to provide an offline map, I'm all ears. The map itself is roughly 5.5 GB in size.I've got no idea on how to provide this data with any kind of update functionality.

Amazing idea to do such a detailed map with zoom/unzoom function.From your map i am already learned bunch of useful places.Good work. Btw offline map will be just great.

If you have an idea how to provide an offline map, I'm all ears. The map itself is roughly 5.5 GB in size.I've got no idea on how to provide this data with any kind of update functionality.

I am not really a coder but the game folder maps/Muldraugh, KY (size is 523 mb) already contain all the locations if possible to write some app which will read it it would be great. I was wondering about offline version because my vacation is close to the end i am seaman and not so often get internet during my contract

UPDATE

I've remapped part of Muldraugh and mapped some of the surrounding wood up to McCoy, vastly improving image quality:

Updated area: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5333758133807337,0.4015709320385438,2.2079060110883706

You can see the improvement of image quality very nicely around McCoy: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4445744735876103,0.36646910062112925,23.62309413020655

Awesome!!

I'm glad people are still updating it, I would help, but my computer can't handle PZ in the modes needed to map :(.

Would be nice to be able to toggle which floor you can see and just toggle so you see the roofs. Maybe more work than it is worth though, but I like the idea if blindcoder wants to do it.

That's not possible with the way I'm getting the screenshots at the moment.

I'm taking the shots as they are coming from the game and there's no usable way to get only the current floor.

has anyone tried heading as far as they can north of muldraugh yet? I might do that.

Rumor has it there is something secret hidden in the west woods somewhere. If there is, I will likely find it eventually (going to start screenshoting the forests after IO finish the roads screenshots).

Also blindcoder I want to make sure you got the two other picture zips I sent you, it says you have not read them yet in the PM.

I had the first two, now downloading the last.

I've tried the first one already, but it's not looking good. There's not enough "high contrast" areas in the screenshots to actually stitch the pictures together.

I'll try the other two over the weekend.

Okay, let me know what I can do to improve the pictures to make it easier for you.

Get a lot of contrast on the screen. Lampposts, clustered trees, stuff like that.

Lack of contrast is the reason there's a black spot here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5146505712689403,0.3096841845413431,14.778235089171881

but not there: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.47977768214133143,0.28516149079384995,24.63039181528647

All that might change once I figure out the LUA to take screenshots and how to get the camera coordinates, which I'm totally working on.