Project Zomboid Map Project

I love the new feature! Is there a way to make it so you can see through those pesky walls? (sometimes there are things behind them). Preferably a way to toggle it on and off or maybe only see through the part your mouse is near just like in game or maybe both.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: There's no way to know which walls to hide and when. And I don't want to add another layer just for walls, because by now the maps already exceed 5.3 million files.

UPDATE

I've added LeoIvanovs TWD Prison map to the site: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=TWDPrisonL0

New dowload options are now available:

• 1 month later...

Any way to compress the 36 gigabytes? I don't know it just seems way to big of a file to download happily (not to mention it would probably take me like 2 days)

As those are PNG files that have been run through optipng already, there's unfortunately little to do about it. The map is huge and so is the data base.

Great job blindcoder :)

If u follow this road it's not the end, there's more at the north. ( find a big warehouse right now, i'll move more forward tomorrow. Maybe something more ? :P )

ah nevermind, just new building here :(

Ah, thanks for the hint. I'll be preparing a new map for Build 29.3 soon anyway.

UPDATE

The map of Build 29.3 has been added, while also preserving the Build 28.3 map for reference.

If the map doesn't load for you, go to this URL: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/dev/maps/SurvivalL0/map.xml (will show up empty in FF) and do a force reload (Ctrl-R in FF, will still show up empty then). Then the map should show up correctly. This is a caching issue on the client site and nothing I can do anything about from my side, sorry :-(

Enjoy!

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/

I have added the torrents for the last update:

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a light version of map without levels? Switching to 7 level at total view of Muldraugh or West Point heavily increases RAM load.

And last torrent update links are broken.

What do you mean, "light"? One map with all 7 levels?

Also, thanks for the torrent info, first I heard about it *grr* I have fixed it now!

• 1 month later...

I have added the Walking Dead Prison map version 2 to the map:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=TWDPrisonv2L0

Also I have fixed the bug where some layers would stay visible when you click back down to layer 0.

@Cherna: I'm not sure I'm gonna re-add that as that would take another week just to create that map. Also, the upper layers are much smaller in size, so downloading them does not add much extra bandwidth requirements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can you take a great picture of each city?

the offline version is too big and the 50 ~ 80MB high definition pictures is better to scratch over

If you have a good Bittorrent client, you can just uncheck the bigger layers and only download map_files/0 through 17 or 18 which wil already give you a pretty good view.

Making images of specific areas is pretty difficult with the current setup, I'm afraid.

can you take a great picture of each city?

the offline version is too big and the 50 ~ 80MB high definition pictures is better to scratch over

If you have a good Bittorrent client, you can just uncheck the bigger layers and only download map_files/0 through 17 or 18 which wil already give you a pretty good view.

Making images of specific areas is pretty difficult with the current setup, I'm afraid.

its inside a .tar file, i cannot choose what download inside a package