Account bound to IP?

LahmerWolf

Hello there,

I am not 100% sure, but it seems to me, that accounts are bound to IP?

We have 24h DC by out ISP, so the IP gets changed. For a small group

its ok to adjust the player folder manually, but for a bigger crowd it gets

kinda annoying. Is there a workaround for that?

brgds,

LW

Hello there,

I am not 100% sure, but it seems to me, that accounts are bound to IP?

We have 24h DC by out ISP, so the IP gets changed. For a small group

its ok to adjust the player folder manually, but for a bigger crowd it gets

kinda annoying. Is there a workaround for that?

brgds,

LW

Accounts are indeed bound by the IP of the server, as that's the identifier for knowing which characters are for which servers. As far as I'm aware there is no workaround, as it's a pretty critical part of the folder structure.

Sorry for creating a missunderstanding - I am playing on my friends server - my account on his server folder is named like: 123..123.123.123.LahmerWolf

The next day, I cant log into my yesterdays account, as my IP changed overnight. He has to change it manually. Probably Dyn.dns might help`?

Sorry for creating a missunderstanding - I am playing on my friends server - my account on his server folder is named like: 123..123.123.123.LahmerWolf

The next day, I cant log into my yesterdays account, as my IP changed overnight. He has to change it manually. Probably Dyn.dns might help`?

You can always change the folder IP to match the new IP, or yes he could make a static IP address.

Using a dynamic DNS service as a client won't do you any good. The server isn't interested in your domain name and even if it was, the DNS lookup would show whatever DNS name your ISP has set up for your IP. Dynamic DNS isn't in any way visible for reverse DNS lookups.