How could we make Project Zomboid a trend?

CatGuitarist

Do i really have to note this out again? PZ is in early development. It couldn't be a trend right now.

I'm not really talking about the moment now, but altogether. I don't think PZ should be a trend at any point in time. I'd rather have PZ stay even a cult favourite rather than being a huge mega success. Now that is of course an exaggeration, and one doesn't necessarily exclude the other, but I think you'll get my drift.

For fun..?

I do think this is an interesting and fun idea for a conversation. However if you want the conversation to continue, at least with me, big bold letters aren't helping. I'm simply providing you with my view of the subject. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PewDiePie... So loud, so forced... can't... watch.

The best way to make PZ more popular? Tell your friends to check check it out! 

Haha yup! Every one of my steam friends has this game now ^_^ If a game is truly great it will naturally gain a loyal following from those who like it the most and this will lead to people hearing about it, seeing it and wanting to try it out.

It's about how Flappy Bird has made so much popularity, about how PewDiePie changed this generation of gaming, and... Extra Chunky Pasta Sauce. Watch it if you haven't yet!

Did you watch it?

Now tell me, Do you think we could get a famous commenter to do a Project Zomboid walkthrough, make one of us do one, and by some way make it popular, or any other way?

If you do, what other ways do you think we could make Project Zomboid a trend?

Enjoy his series, heard the whole pasta sauces theory before, interesting stuff.

Last sentence to me basically reads as:

Step 1. Make Project Zomboid Video

Step 2. ???

Step 3. Profit.

Sorry had to do it. :P

Nerdcubed was going to make a video, but never think it ever materialised.

Aside from that I get what you're wanting to do, but I mean really you can never predict when/how these flash in the pan sort of popularities go and last. You can't really force something to become a trend, I mean look at Twitch Plays Pokemon, and look how quickly that it's faded away. While I admit trends would be a boost in sales, they're usually just that shot of adrenaline before it goes back down to that steady sale rate.

I don't think that a trend of Project Zomboid should be manufactured, they usually ring hollow. If it did become a trend it should be done naturally.

Edit: Well shit, RoboMat summed it up nicely.

Hey dude, I want to talk to you about something. Please add me @Skype: Must Killah

Do i really have to note this out again? PZ is in early development. It couldn't be a trend right now.

MineCraft sure as hell was a multi-million dollar trend before it was released.

Yeah but Minecraft had regular updates and orderly ETA's

And for your sake I hope that vinegar is added into the cooking overhaul so that you can treat that burn.

50940-I-regret-nothing-gif-spaceman-Dlb6

(clyde) (clyde) (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)(fedora)

I'd like to think that's sarcasim, but on the off chance it is not: MineCraft regularly missed updates for several weeks at a time, and it's only real ETA was Secret Friday. Back when Notch was getting married, that extended into months.

It wasn't until he invested some of that capital into underlings that the game became relatively consistent -- but I stopped following it after "version 1.0" magic'd itself into existence when no "version 1.0" was planned.

I'd like to think that's sarcasim, but on the off chance it is not: MineCraft regularly missed updates for several weeks at a time, and it's only real ETA was Secret Friday. Back when Notch was getting married, that extended into months.

It wasn't until he invested some of that capital into underlings that the game became relatively consistent -- but I stopped following it after "version 1.0" magic'd itself into existence when no "version 1.0" was planned.

We don't speak of the mainstream magic days. (I got out of minecraft before it got extremely popular with the technicraft stuff) Forgot what that mod was called, not interested in a one minute google search either.

:???:

I'm going to believe you about the ETAs.

I never really followed the Minecraft forums all that much.

Maybe my information was wrong.

:-|

And for your sake I hope that vinegar is added into the cooking overhaul so that you can treat that burn.

It was really only updated regularly after release when Jeb took over. I believe Beta 1.7 was delayed like two months?!

The award for the cockiest post goes to...

I have ice cream in my hands. You know what that brings in! It's another...

Useless Question that i should probably keep to myself!

Basically, my though is:

What if we turned Project Zomboid a trend? Just like Amnesia, or League of Legends!

You see, i have an idea for this, that just came to my mind with this video:

It's about how Flappy Bird has made so much popularity, about how PewDiePie changed this generation of gaming, and... Extra Chunky Pasta Sauce. Watch it if you haven't yet!

Did you watch it?

Now tell me, Do you think we could get a famous commenter to do a Project Zomboid walkthrough, make one of us do one, and by some way make it popular, or any other way?

If you do, what other ways do you think we could make Project Zomboid a trend?

I feel like it would ruin the game though, like  what happened to Minecraft...

The discussion of the video for those concerned http://www.reddit.com/r/nerdcubed/comments/241wqu/nerd%C2%B3_plays_project_zomboid/

(Doesn't like the YouTube comment system, which is rather sensible.)

Comments seem positive enough.

I did find myself laughing a few times at his playthrough, even if I did want to keep shouting 'e!' at him ;)

The discussion of the video for those concerned http://www.reddit.com/r/nerdcubed/comments/241wqu/nerd%C2%B3_plays_project_zomboid/

(Doesn't like the YouTube comment system, which is rather sensible.)

Comments seem positive enough.

I did find myself laughing a few times at his playthrough, even if I did want to keep shouting 'e!' at him ;)

Yeah it's painful when you know what everything is doing but he doesn't. Was a great intro and quite a funny video as well.