Music & Musical Instruments

Strider

I'm more than a little surprised to find this hasn't been suggested.

The idea

It's simple. Those who have been without electricity for some time would also have been without music unless they had some sort of battery powered music player. The ones I've seen, the mobile phones, ipods and the like have a charger and don't allow for batteries to be added and removed. I think that music might not be as common place as some might think.

Those that don't have replaceable batteries would require a working electricity socket which will be none-existent after 1-3 months. That is until a generator where acquired.

The advantage

Hearing music after a prolonged absence would be profound to anyone. To someone who truly loves music passionately it would be life changing. This could create quite a massive moral boost. 

The drawbacks

It could cause an NPC to grow sorrowful at times past. Remind them of a long lost friend/family member/lover and grow wistful, angry or confused. I could see arguments arise over 'who get's to listen to what' records.

The music itself - as the dev's see fit - would be difficult to find and high value making them worth finding. Once you've secured food and shelter things like music would take on greater significance.

Final Thoughts

I'd like to see a rare type of NPC. An NPC with an acoustic guitar or perhaps a violin. Heck, they might just be a wonderful vocalist. With no TV, computer games etc such an NPC would be highly valued to the group. Even if he/she had no other skills.

Edit: Something else just occurred. Of course, there would be no digital download :)
To that end you'd need to find a player and the medium too. I like the idea there could be different tiers to the things you've found. Finding a CD is good. Finding vinyl would be amazing. :)

As ever, these are just my thoughts. If you don't like them, don't rubbish them. Suggest amendments or alternatives.

It's this link which got me thinking about this idea. 

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/23cxir/background_music/

• 3 months later...

yo estoy haciendo algunos instrumentos con fines decorativos pero seria genial poder usarlos se imaginan poder tocar la guitarra o golpear a un zombie con una ufff genial
si quieren ver mi tema aqui se los paso para que lo vean :)

Please don't necro a thread just to advertise you're own mod. Add substance to a suggestion.

Locked.