badtrix

@monkeydoGames: to read the .class file, you will have to decompile it first into a .java file (then its good readable :P). To decompile, i used this freeware: http://jd.benow.ca/, it also gives you a good overview of the whole java architecture.

what i changed is the following:

original source code:

public void setIsContainer(boolean pIsContainer)  {        this.isContainer = pIsContainer;	if (pIsContainer)	{			this.container = new ItemContainer("crate", this.square, this, 6, 6);			this.container.setExplored(true);	}	  }

modified source code:

public void setIsContainer(boolean pIsContainer)  {	KahluaTable containerTable = this.table;        this.isContainer = pIsContainer;	String contname = containerTable.rawget("name").toString();	if (pIsContainer)	{		if (contname.equals("Cellar"))		{			this.container = new ItemContainer("preserve", this.square, this, 6, 6);			this.container.setExplored(true);		}		else 		{			this.container = new ItemContainer("crate", this.square, this, 6, 6);			this.container.setExplored(true);		}	}	  }

without the changes to the IsoThumpable.class, i would not have been able to create a container of the "type" preserve and i would have had to code a work around which would have been buggy as hell.

EDIT: next version will have a modified function, where i do not compare the name of the object but add a new parameter to the KahluaTable called "preserve" or something like this... will make it easier to implement more objects with the same function...

Edit2: @Adapt: atm i use 3 different categories for food preserving, each with different times DaysFresh and DaysTotallyRotten (check my post about this mod Effects/Functions -> Preserve -> see full list for all items implemented at the moment). The 3 categories are

• Vegetables (22 food items implemented so far, stats while in "Preserve" object: DaysFresh: 300, DaysTotallyRotten: 600)
  • Prepared Foods/Meat (37 food items implemented so far, stats while in "Preserve" object: DaysFresh: 100, DaysTotallyRotten: 200)
  • Cheese (1 food item implemented so far, stats while in "Preserve" object: DaysFresh: 1'000. DaysTotallyRotten: 2'000)

I know some times seem very unrealistic (meat, or eg. soup stays 100 days fresh in the cellar), while others have a more realistic base (like vegetables). this will need a lot of rebalancing in the future. basically i could have set the times to 10k days, so items would always stay fresh in the cellar. but i wanted to keep it at least a little bit realistic. let me know what you guys think would be good parameter values so i can find a good balance on the long term. Pot-in-pot system was not implemented because of the lack of a usable texture.

So I have this one sugestion, it might not be possible, or you might be the man to do it!

I was just musing on the idea of what would you want to build in a zombie apocalypse.

I was wondering if you could make an object that would cause damage if a zombie walked into it...

If it could be done then you could make Spikes! like they put up at the prison gates in Walking Dead!

So they would be like a spikey wall or fence and you could lure zombies to their dooom!!

So when ever i start up my old save with this new version my game freaks out and moves my player built walls and adds back in things i have destroyed. I've put a link to a picture. Im not sure if its only in that area i havent played any for fear of really messing up my game

http://imgur.com/XBphWam

Side Note: i cant find screws anywhere, anyone got a suggestion as to why?

HOTFIX 0.2.2 online!

- added the suburbsdistribution file for the materials gasbottle, gasbottlebbq, tool set and steel pipe. so you are finally able to find those items and start crafting :P

- added new custom texture for "cellar" ek1ac.png

@aznhavsarz: strange, i just loaded a save game i made with an early version of the mod and for me nothing gets screwed up. are you sure you use build 25? because if you use another version, it could be that the IsoThumpable.class file is not compatible (maybe some function names changed etc.). an indication that you might use an older version is that you dont find screws. i think they were first implemented in build 25.

EDIT: i just checked original suburbsdistribution file, and as far as i see screws can only be found in tool stores (you will find boxes of screws in shelves and counters there). i will add more possibilities with the next version, thought they are more common. Maybe i just looted tool stores very early :P

PS: could you please try to take a screen shot at day next time? :P

@monkey: so far i did not take a look at the fighting system, and im not sure if world objects can do other than fire damage by default (i spent more time modding than gaming so far, so i dont know if there is any other type of damage objects can do). But i like the idea of spikes etc, although i dont think you need them anymore once you built a concrete/brick wall :P however, i will have a look at a possibility to implement spikes etc., but maybe not before version 0.3 or 0.4. also i thought about implementing a possibility to dig water ditches which you can either fill by hand ( :P ), by water supply system (as long as it runs), by rain, or by connecting ditches to another waterbody like a lake or a pond. water ditches would be able to keep zombies away from your area, though the water would not be drinkable. however, this is also something for v0.3 or 0.4 maybe.

here are some ideas i thought of:

CONSTRUCTION

tile flooring

wood/metal shelves

counters

basements(probably not feasible atm)

cots

rocking chairs

couches

futons
electric fences(also probably not feasible)

tripwire traps

metal doors

wood/metal shutters(work like curtains + barricades)

wooden railings

sinks

awnings

showers/baths

medicine cabinets

MATERIALS

cushions(for better cots,couches,and chairs)

ceramic(better version of clay for tiles)

tiles

So I have this one sugestion, it might not be possible, or you might be the man to do it!

I was just musing on the idea of what would you want to build in a zombie apocalypse.

I was wondering if you could make an object that would cause damage if a zombie walked into it...

If it could be done then you could make Spikes! like they put up at the prison gates in Walking Dead!

So they would be like a spikey wall or fence and you could lure zombies to their dooom!!

I had this idea earlier and i tried to make those spikes, but i didn't have enough experience with lua and i gave it away. If anybody want to make this idea live here is the topic with some great hints: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3296-i-want-to-make-wooden-spikes-trap-to-the-game-how-to-make-them-hurt-zombies/?hl=%2Bwooden+%2Bspikes

I also thought about ditches too, I thought it would be good if they were quick but could be 'broken through' by zombies, then if you made a weapon (like a spear) with a long enough range you could 'poke' zombies on the other side :D

I also thought about the idea (going with fire damage) of something like boiling oil that you trigger from an object and fore flows along a pre made shape so if tile = fire tile, spread fire.

These are just my fevered rantings though :D

Also Liking the cellar! now all it needs is some kind of monster to poke it's eyes out from the dark :D

@b133d: yeah, some of the objects you listed are already on my todo-list, like more container objects (shelves etc.), different walls, doors, floors, fences, railings etc.

@dred: thanks, will go through that thread when i start with spikes. however, i did not upgrade to b26 yet, so i can not help you with that issue. this mod is only tested for b25. but as you just dont see the textures i guess it has something to do with the way the textures are set in b25/26. will take a look at the b26 drip irrigation mod though and check what is different. if possible, i will change it for next version, but it has to be compatible with b25 for the moment.

@monkey: i thought more about a "water ditch", which you could also use to make a fire ditch, like by adding some log and light them up :P

I am using this mod with b26 and all items in the building menu are displayed fine except the cellar - i don't have icon or phantom tile. 

Partially fixed. I copied "Item_Cellar.png" to c:\...\project zomboid\media\textures and now i have the icon in building menu but the ghost tile isn't displayed and when i try to place it somewhere, the game is crashing.

Yeah Im using build 25c i made sure to check that first. That would make sense for the screws i havent lootled any tool stores(im not sure there is one in maldrugh) and as for the screenshot in day, i would have but thats when my save was. The other wierd thing is that i have a backup of the save frome before your update and it shows no boxes on the thumbnail in the load screen but then they appear when i load the save.

@dred: i got b26 too now, so i will make the mod b26 ready in the next days, depending on how much has to be changed.

@aznhavsarz: do the boxes only appear when you activate my mod? I.e., when you deactivate it, is the save game loading correctly? because basically i did not change anything with respect to loading/displaying objects.

@aznhavsarz: do the boxes only appear when you activate my mod? I.e., when you deactivate it, is the save game loading correctly? because basically i did not change anything with respect to loading/displaying objects.

unfortunately because i had clay in my crates if i tried to load the game without the mod activated I'd get an error message, but when the game would load they'd still be there. I guess my save just got corrupted somehow and just a crazy coincidences. started a new save and everything works fine.

Upon saving and reloading my game the image for the cellar doesnt load, it also says it only needs 1 plank and 1 nail but takes 10 nails from your inventory and doesnt use the plank.

http://i.imgur.com/VlNoJWC.jpg   <<<< image to show the cellar is working but just doesn't show up on the ground

I have had/ am having the exact same issue.

Also noticed that a bunch of the new build 26 stuff (like pork chops) and some (if not all) of the farming items won't function inside of the cellar (as in there's no "(P)" in front of them).

That aside, it's still pretty great!

So not sure if this is cause of your mod or just my game is broken;your's is the only mod i have running that's why I'm posting this here; but when ever i save and quit and then re-log in to my save file i cant access my crops it shows them on the ground but doesn't register them as actually being there on the ground. so when i right click on them the only option i get is the "walk to" option. If anyone has a way to fix this or a better place to post this that would be a huge help.

above was for build 25, it works fine with 26