Where should I go?

GSWarriors

Mccoy logging should be a priority if you're in Muldraugh, almost 100% chance of finding one or multiple axes in there, and nails. Everything you need to get your stronghold going. Definately worth the risk and trip!

I made my first real survival playthrough now, started in WP and it was a real pain because of the higher zombie density downtown and the small amount of warehouses etc. Took me a good two weeks of searching before I found an axe. Which I did find in a house iirc, stroke of fortune that one. Then I found another axe in a zombie, I was shocked haha.

Got my stronghold up running strong now with soon to be triple layer defences, over 70 units of food, hundreds of rounds to the pistol and 80 for my shotgun. Life's good ;).

Anyway, it was mentioned that second story floor is bugged in v23? How so? I was kind of looking forward towards building observation towers and the like :S.

Ok so I have an axe, some nails, a saw and some planks… I barricaded some Windows, now I would like to start building a fence. Is a wooden fence enough? Should I leave some space so I can farm on the grass around my house? 

EDIT: McCoys seems far from my safe house… My house is close to the covienience store and cortman medical… 

EDIT2: Does arpentry increase just by cutting down trees? I need that lvl 4 Barrel, the water supplies where just turned off...

As you might have noticed, zombies climb fences so no.

You want walls and you want your walls to have spacing from eventual fences so zombies don't glitch through your walls.

As for Mccoys it's not necessary if you have found an axe, you might want to scavenge close by warehouses for nails, you'll go through them by the hundreds if you make a perimeter wall around your safehouse.

Water collecting barrels might be available at carpentry level 2, am i wrong? As seen before on this forum, the water staying in the sinks may be enough to have time to read some books of carpentry and get some trees down.

I've two water collectors of level 2 - not level 4 - and fortunately, it rains once a week, so i have enough of water supply for me and my vegetables.

I having two water collectors level 2 as well, however I haven't found any trowel yet so that might prove to be a challenge. However WP has been abundant in non-perishable food so far, and I've only scratched the surface so I'm kind of confident I still have at least two months worth of food in the very close proximity.

Not sure concerning cutting wood - carpentry, but I'm beginning to think so. Read a lvl 4 carpentry book, cut down some trees and has gotten real crap loads of experience.

Same issue with the trowel. Survived for a month and I could potentially survive another one on my non perishable food, but apparently, gaining a lot form farming can be challenging at an early stage (diseases, timing of harvest etc)...

Need to find a trowel first anyway...

EDIT: I have a gun and like 90 rounds of 9mm Bullets… Cant seem to shoot though, reloading wont work and I cant find a button for the safety...

Worrying...

Does anybody have any tips on how to handle bigger Hordes? I survived for a month now, now im trying to work myself to the nearest Warehouse, but it is simply way to crowded. We are talking 50 Zombies in and around it. 

I backup up my save once and just ran though everyone, ended up being scratched, but thanks to my "Luck" Trait, did not get infected. The Warehouse was full of great stuff, too much for me to cary. I did however take as much as I needed/wanted, so I ended up lifting a ton. Then got out of breath running out and died. If it wasnt for my luck, I would have probably died before even starting to look into the crates. Running out with a heavy load is absolutely pointless, but really, I believe it is hard enough when carrying less… I read ppl crossing half of the city, going to McCoys etc… How do you not die in those hordes and how do you get to loot in peace/get back alive. 

My hicking bag on my back caries 20 (wasnt able to find a big 22 one yet) and then I equipped a second bag as secondary, which is pointless cause the weight ends up counting towards the main inventory… Anyways im kind of stuck building my fort atm… 

Sooo go around the horde! Lure it away with gunfire, then run around etc. There are multiple ways to deal with it, most doesn't involve killing them off though (unless you have an absurd amount of ammo. Also, the backpacks work through weight reduction, big hiking bag has 80% weight reduction I think, so a full big hiking bag would still weigh 4 in your main inventory :).

the stuff in the warehouse will still be there next time you need it, don't get greedy and overload yourself.

watch your weight carefully across your whole inventory. dont have one bag at 21 and another bag at 12, distribute things evenly.

and when you add one more item that brings up the overloaded moodle, put it back and go home.