Fletchery Mod Updated V1.2: by Wafflefish

WaffleFish

MODS_02.png

--Notice: I did not originally create this mod. Credit for the original mod idea and (some of) the code goes to Austin. I added sounds, images and updated and refined the code. The original thread can be found here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/336-fletchery-mod/--

As said above, I have updated the Fletchery Mod to be compatible with build 27. This mod adds 3 new bows, 2 of which can be found and a third which can be made, as well as a sling.

Crossbow - found as loot, most powerful, slowest. Uses bolts.

Bow - found as loot, second most powerful, 2nd slowest. Uses Arrows.

Homemade Bow - crafted (2 planks, 1 bandage, glue/duct tape etc, Carpentry LV2). Third most powerful, equal fastest. Uses Arrows.

Arrows can be crafted (Duct tape, Kitchen knife, Arrow shafts from plank and saw, Feathers from pillows, Carpentry LV1)

Sling - crafted (2 bandages). Least powerful, equal fastest. Uses stones, found in bins.

If anyone has any ideas for more features, please reply to this thread!

Download Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18741755/PZ%20Mods/Fletchery%20Updated-1.2.zip

Changelog:

Version 1.2:

Updated for Build 27
Added skill requirements - Woodwork LV1 for arrows, LV2 for bows.
Bows are now 2-handed weapons
Looted bows and crafted bows use the same arrows, and normal arrows are made through crafting.
This mod now overwrites vanilla duct tape, wood glue etc. so they have many more uses
Made everything rarer once more, closer to vanilla weapons (let me know if it's too harsh)
Fixed a couple of bugs!

Version 1.1:

Reduced spawn rates of items, let me know if the new ones are too harsh!
Reduced weight of ammo, increased weight of weapons.
Rebalanced recipes, should work better now. Also takes more realistic amounts of time.
Fixed a typo in the mod.info file.

Bug Fixes: Firing sounds now actually play!

Version 1.0:

Updated to be compatible with build 23
Bows now require reloading
Added Icons
Still no models, impossible in current state of Zomboid

Known bugs:

None!
Edited by WaffleFish

also with the 3d build if you leave items with a null sprite input, it will tend to freeze the game when equipped, so it is better to have one of the original sprites in there.

Just out of curiousity, what system did you use for the reload?

I have this merged with the reload system from tommyguns.

also with the 3d build if you leave items with a null sprite input, it will tend to freeze the game when equipped, so it is better to have one of the original sprites in there.

Thanks, I suppose I can do this for the Build 26 update.

Just out of curiousity, what system did you use for the reload?

I'm not entirely sure, I just learned how to do this by looking at what other mods were doing and how they were doing it, then copying and adapting bits to make it work for me. I did look at the TommyGuns mod a lot to help me with this, so I would assume I used the reload system in that, but I was kind of blundering around in the dark, hoping I'd bump into something useful when I was making this mod, so I probably could have done anything without realising it.

I have this merged with the reload system from tommyguns.

Not entirely sure what you're saying here, do you mean you merged the mods when you installed them?

Hey you use the same technique as me! Hit it till it works :D

Yeah, basically I have all my mods in a single mod folder, by my mods I mean all the mods I use from here.

I took out the bow and xbow from tommy guns and replaced them with the ones from fletchery.

I also added some recipes, so that the bow can use multiple types of arrow.

I also merged it with the recycling mod so that the bow can fire explosive and fire arrows, but the 'throw' system from the recycling mod is a bit flaky and is not very reliable. (it only throws things in about 1 in 5 of my attempts to throw, which is not much good when being chased by zombies)

My dream would be to merge the effects from recycling mod (fire, explosions, retrievable weapons, passage through objects, etc.) with the basic fire and reload system of the base game/stormy reload, that would be epic as you would have reliability and cool features and effects!

My dream would be to merge the effects from recycling mod (fire, explosions, retrievable weapons, passage through objects, etc.) with the basic fire and reload system of the base game/stormy reload, that would be epic as you would have reliability and cool features and effects!

You could always try doing it yourself, just look at the files and try and understand what all the different bits are doing! Alternitavely, you could post it in the mod suggestions forum. Or, I might look into it if I get bored. No promises though.

• 4 months later...

Hey! Hi there, will you update the mod some day?

I'm working on it, but I'm encountering severe problems with the reload system and am stumped for now. I posted a thread in the mods help section about it.

Aw, ok, i have no idea of modding actually, but i hope that you can fix it.

Aaaand..... Done!

does it support build 28 now?

Build 28 was released shortly after I updated this, so I have no idea. You're welcome to try it though, but it's not officially supported. With the memory of updating it for Build 27, I don't feel like updating again it just yet, sorry.

Aaaand..... Done!

does it support build 28 now?

Build 28 was released shortly after I updated this, so I have no idea. You're welcome to try it though, but it's not officially supported. With the memory of updating it for Build 27, I don't feel like updating again it just yet, sorry.

Well it almost works.

I had to do 2 fixes

1. i changed the ArrowShafts recipe:

recipe Create Arrow Shafts{Plank,(Originally WoodenStick )keep Saw,Result:ArrowShafts,SkillRequired:Woodwork=1,Time:100.0}

I made it because if the conflict with RKF mod. It uses WoodenStick to shave tinder bundle from it. But it works OK with plank.

2. Aiming Suxxxx...

I belive its just not adapted to the new aiming system. With my skills at max i was not able to hit even one single time from any bow or sling.

All zombies that i managed to hit were like, you know, tottaly random.

I'd like to fix it myself but my programming skills are as bad as aiming from that bow...

• 4 weeks later...