about npc´s

lily06

i think you should be able to have relationships whit  the npc´s.

you can even have sex to have a baby.

you can play games whit them so you dont get bored.

bad groups can kidnapp you.

i want this because this is one of my favorite games and i really want to see lots of new interactions!

No. And don't you even think about suggesting some inhumane act... or you may end up like that one guy who was the FIRST-EVER banned person(AND HE HOLDS THAT TROPHY IN PRIDE!).

Not to mention kids getting killed in a video game will be taken as an offense... and may get on the news and become one of the controversial games(and that is a bad thing. :D).

Read this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Seems to me like the gaming community is too sensitive about child death. There are no children in game where you can slaughter NPCs because, "That's offensive!" or they're just immortal characters. I think this is dumb and sacrifices realism. Fuck the media anyway, let them crow. When you see a small child die in the game as a result of your actions, (or lack thereof), then doesn't that drive home the guilt of your mistake that much more? Certainly not everyone would be affected by it, but I'd feel pretty bad if some virtual kid got killed because of my negligence. Realism is better in my opinion, and we need a developer to break out of the silly tabboo that children can't die, "because that's sad :(" Indie Stone won't do it, and I can't blame them, especially since they're a small developer. But we need a big name to do it, or at least I need a big name to do it :razz:

After all, how else am I going to satisfy my intense urge to MURDER CHILDREN!!!

Video games have had children die as a part of linear narrative. In a sandbox setting where that narrative is left to the depraved keyboard warrior in us all... well... well... I'd personally be luring children up to the seventh story apartment building in Bedford Falls with promises of chocolate bars where I would promptly nudge them off into the gluttonous arms of the horde below. Context matters (apparently). In a sandbox, the context is not limited and that is offputting to some people. For instance, I have seen PG rated movies with floppy cocks and bouncing tits in them... usually something reserved for PG-13 and up. It is the context (and subjective opinion of the MPAA members at a given time) that helps to define if something is acceptable for the majority of a culture's tastes.

Seems to me like the gaming community is too sensitive about child death. There are no children in game where you can slaughter NPCs because, "That's offensive!" or they're just immortal characters. I think this is dumb and sacrifices realism. Fuck the media anyway, let them crow. When you see a small child die in the game as a result of your actions, (or lack thereof), then doesn't that drive home the guilt of your mistake that much more? Certainly not everyone would be affected by it, but I'd feel pretty bad if some virtual kid got killed because of my negligence. Realism is better in my opinion, and we need a developer to break out of the silly tabboo that children can't die, "because that's sad :(" Indie Stone won't do it, and I can't blame them, especially since they're a small developer. But we need a big name to do it, or at least I need a big name to do it :razz:

After all, how else am I going to satisfy my intense urge to MURDER CHILDREN!!!

Then I'm afraid you're in the wrong neighbourhood. There's a REASON it's taboo, and I'd say the vast majority of people don't want to see children in games like this. 

As said before countless times, no one is stopping you from modding it in (except it isn't possible yet, :D but the future tools will allow it). If you so desperately need to kill children, then wait for a mod or make one yourself. This game is so easily moddable that a total newb can learn to do it in a few years if not months. It happened in Skyrim, it will surely happen with PZ. So let's stop all the "why not devs do this? I have reasons!" It's a decision they've made and you can make your own decision to mod or not to mod.

An idea I had however, is the possibility to create a family with NPC Chars you meet along the way. The NPC would then stay n the safehouse until child is grown up. Then, once your Char dies, you should be able to take over your son/daughter… All of this without the dispay of sexual content or the possibility of your NPC Fam (especially the child) to die...

An idea I had however, is the possibility to create a family with NPC Chars you meet along the way. The NPC would then stay n the safehouse until child is grown up. Then, once your Char dies, you should be able to take over your son/daughter… All of this without the dispay of sexual content or the possibility of your NPC Fam (especially the child) to die...

If you survive long enough to see a child grow up, the game is failing horribly at killing you.

Don't expect anything like that in the vanilla game. It has been discussed a whole lot and the bottom line was there will not be children in the vanilla game.

As a mod, though? Noone would prevent someone from doing it :)

Sounds like a decent mod idea to me. Kinda Crusader Kings-y