Before the outbreak...

Sichaux

My friends and I always thought it weird how you wake up and everyone you know is a zombie... So what if there was one week to prepare for the end?

Day 1: You see on TV of a new virus breaking out. People walk around like nothing ever happened, you do whatever you want. Your home is stocked with food but it will have to still last.

Day 2: More descriptions of the zombie are broadcast, one in twenty people start buying slightly more food.

Day 3: Zombie Virus is stated as an Epidemic, what started in... Egypt? is now spreading rapidly into Europe.

Day 4: US/UK or wherever the player lives, broadcasts are sent out to say that zombies are in the country, the streets are emptier that the first two days. Shops close and buyer are sent away, cars are few and far.

Day 5: Stores and Homes are broken into and shooting starts, the apocalypse hasn't happened yet but you are already under threat.

Day 6: The first zombies enter in the map looking for food, cars crash and the map is slowly formed as people are eaten on the streets, some people band in their homes to defend their families, others join safe houses. The choice is yours.

Day 7: TV stops, wifi is down, internet breaks off, electricity and water will shut off in however many months you set it to. Project zomboid has started...

So basically, in The Walking Dead, people have all these stories of how, like Jim, they only survived the first week because the dead were too busy eating his children to notice him. So your own post apocalyptic story is formed, as long as you survive the beginning, being a game you probably will, and don't break the laws or you could end up in a jail (This probably might take some time...) but it is a more realistic start to PZ.

I just don't like it that you start of days into the apocalypse. So a little time before hand would be nice, so you can watch the world around you fall apart? Still I like the idea!