ability to hide or camouflage crates

PZFanatic

Hey,

Can Dev's be able to add ability to hide or camouflage crates? Because during online play we scavenge, steal, and kill for everything we could find; from food, materials, weapons, etc. We have made a crates to stock our loots, then you decided to sign out your account for the day, then after a few hours/day(s) you decided to play again but then when you open up the crates; you have found nothing, simply what happens is that some scavengers have been into your so called home, looting everything of your days of hard work and can't do nothing about it. 

For some servers; they have long time to reset -- so survival is pretty much like in the realtime. So for the hard workers we deserve to have this addon. ;)

I have no idea if the devs are ever going to do anything like camouflaging crates but I know how to hide loot. Simply take a bag (preferably a big hiking bag) fill it with loot and drop it on the floor behind a tree or in a shower and no one will see it. The only way for people to find it is if they have the loot screen open. Hopefully you'll remember where you put and grab it when you log back on. I once hid a bag for a whole week using this way. :cool:  

I have no idea if the devs are ever going to do anything like camouflaging crates but I know how to hide loot. Simply take a bag (preferably a big hiking bag) fill it with loot and drop it on the floor behind a tree or in a shower and no one will see it. The only way for people to find it is if they have the loot screen open. Hopefully you'll remember where you put and grab it when you log back on. I once hid a bag for a whole week using this way. :cool:  

yes we did this too --

There was a thread a while back that went over hiding loot. The two bigger ideas would be building hidden nooks for storage using the carpentry skill that are difficult to detect and can only be found by the person who made it with some sort of opposing skill check to detect hidden storage. The second idea would be to bury a crate of vital supplies in the ground, then plant a tile of crops or some other bit of shrubbery over it to mask the dug up dirt trail.

Hey,

Can Dev's be able to add ability to hide or camouflage crates? Because during online play we scavenge, steal, and kill for everything we could find; from food, materials, weapons, etc. We have made a crates to stock our loots, then you decided to sign out your account for the day, then after a few hours/day(s) you decided to play again but then when you open up the crates; you have found nothing, simply what happens is that some scavengers have been into your so called home, looting everything of your days of hard work and can't do nothing about it. 

For some servers; they have long time to reset -- so survival is pretty much like in the realtime. So for the hard workers we deserve to have this addon. ;)

The thing you said about the crates - this does not necessarily scavengers stole your stuff. I was playing on some servers and a similar story happened to me but it was not someone stealing but some kind of bug\server save issue. So basically i have constructed 2 crates I've put some stuff in there and after a couple of minutes i had to log out. Later i log on again and i looked into those crates - were empty. I have done some testing and after creating a container i first had to log off and only after next login i could put stuff inside without fear that it will disappear.

No its not a server issue or bug, we have it inside the crates and obviously scavs stole it - they wreck two windows and a wooden wall - enough evidence. A temporary solution is to hide our stuff deep in the woods and retrieve it for later.

Or build a wall in front of the crates, plaster it and paint it the same color as the walls. :) It's a lot of work, but makes it slightly more likely to not get looted.

I'd like to see a way to make a crack to the wood flooring and hide stuff under. That was suggested some time ago and I think it's a nice idea. You could have a small visual on the board and only be able to see the container after right clicking the boards to open.

Or maybe you could use duct tape to glue a single item in a cupboard top so that it won't show in the container menu.