Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

lukaus

DF succession game with PZ community!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

Heller.

Seems like it would be fun to get a succession game of Dwarf Fortress going with you, fellow Zomboiders! (though not in a reanimation biome... shudder.. dwarves and zombies don't mix)

For those unfamiliar:

Dwarf Fortress is a ASCII community management/fort building with lots of depth and such

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

In a succession game, players would take turns playing through a year in the fortress's life, then upload the save for the next player to do the same within a certain amount of time. Repeat until everyone is dead, insane, or otherwise lacking a sound mind or body.

Would anyone be interested?

I would but I'd probably need some time (read: a decade) to figure out how to do the basics like... eat.

I'm pretty sure Lukaus will take care of the basics, you will very likely have the task of improving defences and searching for minerals...

Although I would really like to join I can't, Dwarf fortress is a game that you can only play when you feel 'ready' for it and that's not the case for me now. :sad:

Sure, I'll give myself a refresher on the game. Even if I fail to make some epic lava-spewing statue of a cheese wheel I'd at least keep the dwarves mostly alive. I'm still not sure how I kept my last fort alive with silver warhammers (Wiffleball bats because of silver's weight apparently) and nothing to eat/drink but purple helmets.

It probably won't matter much if no one knows what to do. These poor dwarves are doomed to death either way.

Seriously though, don't sweat it. It takes more than a year for a fort to completely fall apart. Okay, that was a lie. Anyways, we can choose a (relatively) peaceful place to make the fort. So, if you have any desire at all to participate, cast all doubt on your ability aside, and give it a shot! Losing is fun, after all!

So! Augur and I (edit: and schmonzo! sorry)are definitely in. We can work something out for that, too, Rathlord. I consider millitary my specialty! (Lukian definition of specialty: lock them all in a dark dangerous room, drop the survivours on attakers) If, Austin, Headshot, and Addy, you change your minds, just let me know! I'm being serious when I say don't worry about how good you consider yourself at it.

• 1 month later...