Fridges Bug- a possible fix

FawkesGaming

First off, I'm unsure about whether this is the right subforum to post this in. That said, onto the suggestion!

So, I briefly looked into Lua whilst looking at job prospects, before moving onto other programming languages. Now, I've not looked at the game code because I would't know where to start. But having encountered the bug where fridges stay switched on after the power has run out, a thought occurred to me which could serve as a temporary fix until generators are implemented.

The basis of the idea, is a global variable I will call globalPower. This could either be true or false.

When globalPower is true, another variable called fridgePower will also be true. When this is true, items placed inside a fridge will be cooled down and refridgerated. However, when both variables are set to false, that buff is lost. The same would apply for cookers, but I've not encountered one of those which still works.

Hopefully this helps, although I'm personally unsure at how the fridge would know the variable is being applied, as I don't know if it classes as an entity or not.