FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.15

RobertJohnson

I spotted some bugs -- Taking off my clothes and putting new ones -- or the same ones -- on, my character remains naked.

Could it be that you tried to wear skirts and stuff on a male character?

Or a Much earlier release.... I'm a little obsessed with finding clothes that suit my character & change them many times on any given playthrough. It must be either a random occurrence (reload & see if it still happens) wearing gender specific clothing on the wrong gender or playing the wrong release because I haven't experienced, seen or heard about that happening since before 2.9.9.10

If not any of these, give more details so we can test

Edited by ExcentriCreation

It happened to me too on 2.9.9.15. It was a new character, clicked to wear a pink vest and after the 2 bars were completed (placing on inventory and wearing) the character was still chest naked and the pink vest was no where to be found.

Can't give much more details because it was the only time it happened to me and I wasn't paying really much attention.

It happened to me too on 2.9.9.15. It was a new character, clicked to wear a pink vest and after the 2 bars were completed (placing on inventory and wearing) the character was still chest naked and the pink vest was no where to be found.

Can't give much more details because it was the only time it happened to me and I wasn't paying really much attention.

On a male character, I just tried wearing a light green vest, green vest, light pink vest, pink vest, purple vest, light blue vest, blue vest, grey vest, light blue pants, blue pants, dark blue pants, grey pants.... I then reloaded & tried a light green vest, green vest, light pink vest, pink vest, purple vest, light blue vest, blue vest, grey vest, light blue pants, blue pants, dark blue pants, grey pants.... no problems what so ever....

Did you try turning it off & on again? :P

I wish instead of weapons breaking when they lost all durability, they just get worse at killing zombies the less they have

ie:

axe 100%: takes 1-2 hits to kill

axe 0%: takes 5-7 hits to kill (or whatever the devs would decide is balanced)

I've wanted this myself. An ax shouldn't just magically break after killing 30 zombies- or even 200 for that matter. The blade would dull, but it would still have an edge and still be an effective weapon for a long time. Bats might actually break after awhile, so I get that. But perhaps we could have wooden bats that break but also have aluminum bats that would virtually never break.

is this really hard to hit a crawler? that i would be clicking somewhere else

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-W3Zq9Y7tN7d1RwZGtnOXJaU1E/edit?usp=sharing

I think you need to point the mouse at the main direction he is currently at, not at the crawler himself. Imagine it like this, if you want to do any damage to the crawler or hit him, you must have your character face him.

So in turn, if the crawler is to your (right) >, you have to have your character facing (right) >.  If it's (up) ^, then you must face (up) ^ while hitting. Same goes for all of the directions like southwest, southeast, etcetera.

I think you need to point the mouse at the main direction he is currently at, not at the crawler himself. Imagine it like this, if you want to do any damage to the crawler or hit him, you must have your character face him.

So in turn, if the crawler is to your (right) >, you have to have your character facing (right) >.  If it's (up) ^, then you must face (up) ^ while hitting. Same goes for all of the directions like southwest, southeast, etcetera.

This aside, crawlers need to be worked on. Attacking one of them is for some reason much more dangerous than fighting a few on their feet. I cant kill one without fear of a scratch.

This aside, crawlers need to be worked on. Attacking one of them is for some reason much more dangerous than fighting a few on their feet. I cant kill one without fear of a scratch.

you can circle them & attack from the side, although I have noticed that if you circle directly behind them they can instantaneously about-face, so aim to circle 90 degrees & use a charge attack.... maybe the instant about-face needs a look but they already decreased crawler accuracy.... cant make them too easy :rolleyes:

you can circle them & attack from the side, although I have noticed that if you circle directly behind them they can instantaneously about-face, so aim to circle 90 degrees & use a charge attack.... maybe the instant about-face needs a look but they already decreased crawler accuracy.... cant make them too easy :rolleyes:

Crawlers are supposed to be zombies that get you by taking you by surprise. I shouldn't have more of an issue dispatching one that's crawling on the ground than I should one standing up. To put this into perspective I killed about 20 zombies over some time with a melee weapon in my last game after finding a small horde outside. I then went after two crawlers and got my first scratch. There's quite a big gap at the moment between making them 'too easy' and actually making them more realistic.

all weapons have an area of effect.... you may notice this more when using guns, you rarely hit the zombie your trying to unless its the closest one to you. for melee weapons, long range (baseball bat, axe, etc.) its about 45 degrees in front of the character, for shorter range (frypans, rolling pins, etc.) its around about 20-30 degrees.... so pretty much what LeoIvanov said, you do seem to need to get uncomfortably close to crawlers to hit them but its far from a glitch

Crawlers are supposed to be zombies that get you by taking you by surprise. I shouldn't have more of an issue dispatching one that's crawling on the ground than I should one standing up. To put this into perspective I killed about 20 zombies over some time with a melee weapon in my last game after finding a small horde outside. I then went after two crawlers and got my first scratch. There's quite a big gap at the moment between making them 'too easy' and actually making them more realistic.

Yeh, you said it man..... You REALLY shouldn't have more issues killing a crawler

Seriously though, if this is becoming an IDEA's thread instead of a BUG REPORT thread, how about armour.... say like riot armour (extremely rare chance in armoury containers) & leather clothing (rare from dressers) that reduce your chance to take scratches (like the thick skinned trait) at the expense of reduced movement speed & overheating.

I think Geonjaha needs some big booties to protect him from the nasty crawlers :lol:

BUGS.

Crafted walls and doors randomly become invisible walls.

I just climbed a rope ladder into the sky

zombies somehow get into my fortress even though its fully sealed up with walls and doors

Also durability is poor. I went through 3 axes in 10 days. Seriously how can you wear out an Axe in 3 days..

BUGS.

zombies somehow get into my fortress even though its fully sealed up with walls and doors

Also durability is poor. I went through 3 axes in 10 days. Seriously how can you wear out an Axe in 3 days..

Cleaving flesh and bone with it, I imagine.

BUGS.

Yes well im sure you can chop down trees with an axe and they never wear out.

I can understand lesser items wearing out this fast but not axes

BUGS.

Yes well im sure you can chop down trees with an axe and they never wear out.

I can understand lesser items wearing out this fast but not axes

Axes are already OP.... I think your just going to have to put up with it until they balance it in some other way

And the shaft splits but your right, it would probly take a month of constant use before that happened

BUGS.

How did I wear out two mallets in three days of laying floor? Not to mention a good pair of pants, a staple remover, and some other tools.

Those poor, poor tools.

BUGS.

How did I wear out two mallets in three days of laying floor? Not to mention a good pair of pants, a staple remover, and some other tools.

Those poor, poor tools.

Cheep Chinese tools, buy a rubber "dead blow" mallet.... they cost like $50 but they will last, pretty much, forever.... well at least a year :P

BUGS.

In certain buildings, notably the large northern warehouse, Zeds can sometimes spawn inside if you go far enough away.

(I shouldn't have generalized this.... The only time I've seen this is in that warehouse, when you go up to the roof, you will occasionally get a re-spawn on the bottom floor)

Can you get a screenshot of the sheetrope placement so I can try to re-create it?

Seriously though, if this is becoming an IDEA's thread instead of a BUG REPORT thread, how about armour.... say like riot armour (extremely rare chance in armoury containers) & leather clothing (rare from dressers) that reduce your chance to take scratches (like the thick skinned trait) at the expense of reduced movement speed & overheating.

I think Geonjaha needs some big booties to protect him from the nasty crawlers :lol:

Getting a bit worked up there? No need to make this personal.

Crawlers aren't currently balanced. I'm hardly the only person who thinks so.

Talk about handing it maturely...

The problem comes when you've got more than one crawler in the same space on the floor. With a baseball bat I can hit down several zombies at once and attack them without fear while they're down. When they're crawlers you can only kill one at a time - which means if you're hitting two of them they can get a good 2-3 swipes in at least. I know they have a chance of missing, but when they're on the ground there's no way to keep them down (Your hits don't stun or stop them attacking as they do with standing zombies).

Anyway - I've noticed that the inventory in this build can be 'broken' by reloading a gun when transferring items. I was moving shotgun bullets out of my bag and clicked R. The moving stopped and the gun loaded but after that I couldn't drag anything anywhere. (tophat)

General conversation, more than anything.

Cheep Chinese tools, buy a rubber "dead blow" mallet.... they cost like $50 but they will last, pretty much, forever.... well at least a year :P

*Gets rubber mallet* "Made in China"

The Prophet has spoken!

Getting a bit worked up there? No need to make this personal.

Crawlers aren't currently balanced. I'm hardly the only person who thinks so.

Talk about handing it maturely...

The problem comes when you've got more than one crawler in the same space on the floor. With a baseball bat I can hit down several zombies at once and attack them without fear while they're down. When they're crawlers you can only kill one at a time - which means if you're hitting two of them they can get a good 2-3 swipes in at least. I know they have a chance of missing, but when they're on the ground there's no way to keep them down (Your hits don't stun or stop them attacking as they do with standing zombies).

Anyway - I've noticed that the inventory in this build can be 'broken' by reloading a gun when transferring items. I was moving shotgun bullets out of my bag and clicked R. The moving stopped and the gun loaded but after that I couldn't drag anything anywhere. (tophat)

Getting a bit worked up? Nah, just taking the piss mate

There is no need to stun them, all you have to do is avoid the area in front of them that they can attack.... no matter how many of them there are. If one of them turns enough while your hitting them, circle again. It just sounds like you haven't come up with a decent strategy for dealing with them like you have with standing Zeds & since you cant deal with them the same way they must be "out of balance".... I haven't been scratched by a crawler since they were 1st implemented

*Gets rubber mallet* "Made in China"

The Prophet has spoken!

A little off topic..... but

Seriously, the "dead blow" function uses moving sand to reduce ricochet which greatly reduces wear & tear on your mallet as well as minimising lost force from the swing..... they're probly made in china too ;)