FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.15

RobertJohnson

Rats, thought the teleporting crops bug was fixed, but just hit it on .15

It looks like effected 1 ) crops of a certain state (newly or recently planted) and 2 ) were on the screen at the time of quit/save - I had quite/saved plenty of times prior to seeing it today.

Seems that something is wrong with persistance. I've started building a house and left the building site to search for some supplies. When i return the building has reverted to the state I left it in at the previous supply run.

In other Words:

1. I start building.

2. I leave the building to search for supplies.

3. I return to the buidling, Everything is fine.

4. I continue building

5. I leave to search for more supplies.

6. I return to the building and the building has reverted to the state it was in row 3.

EDIT: On closer inspection, only part of the building has reverted, Everything else is as I left it.

I think one of the main problems with crawlers is that they can rotate instantly to face you in combat. Actually, they can rotate just as quickly as you can circle them with your character (while in combat stance), which doesn't make sense and makes them much harder to flank than they should be.

Don't stay in combat mode.   Literally just run around them.   They can't keep up.  In the open they are easy kills.

I managed to create a large amount of invisible walls by mass cutting trees and turning them into lumber (many hundreds),  then dumping them on the ground.   No zeds around that I could see.    I think that tends to confirm that it's performance related.   Maybe the rendering of all of that lumber did the trick.     That actually happened before when I mass cut lumber as well.

In my current fort I cut just what I needed,  stored excess planks in bins immediately and have no invisible walls nearby.

Noticed 2 things.

1.   Berries don't rot as far as I can tell.   A quick trip to a berry patch takes care of your needs for a long time.  Makes food less important.   Maybe I was just consuming them before they went bad,  not sure.

2.    Killing or hitting trees seems to count as kills.    Axe shows as my favorite weapon when I have almost 3 levels of blunt with the baseball bat.    I have 0 skill with blades and I might have used an axe to kill a zombie 5 times.   But I have chopped a lot of wood.   

For the sake of thoroughness I thought I would try sheetropes from 3rd & 4th story windows but the only way to have windows at those levels is to craft them & sheetropes cant be hung off crafted windows.... I don't know if this is intentional but kind of worked in your favour anyways. It would be nice to be able to hang sheetropes off windows you build yourself.

One thing I did notice though is, when you start building a lot of carpentry items, it can become difficult to select some of them for "right click" actions (Barricading, Plastering, etc.) to the extent that on multiple story player built buildings its almost impossible to select crafted items in the foreground.... Perhaps if it were only possible to select items (world or player built) on the same story as the player, it may uncomplicate things & even improve performance to some extent

Noticed a couple of bugs:

1: Invisible wall when I come back to my safe house. (can't pass the door I've builded).

2: Rain barrel don't work properly, I've buided 9 but just one randomly take some water when raining.

Anyway GREAT, GREAT GAME.

(sorry for my english but I'm Italian!)

Grilled Cheese Sandwich has no Image

Yeah. Same for Chicken Cassirole

Are you sure about the Chicken Casserole? Haven't tried recently but it had a thumbnail in 2.9.9.11 

Oh & you can still make good food out of rotten ingredients. Today I cut up a rotten watermelon & got fresh watermelon slices :huh:

Grilled Cheese Sandwich has no Image

Yeah. Same for Chicken Cassirole

Are you sure about the Chicken Casserole? Haven't tried recently but it had a thumbnail in 2.9.9.11 

Oh & you can still make good food out of rotten ingredients. Today I cut up a rotten watermelon & got fresh watermelon slices :huh:

I'm pretty sure about it in 2.9.9.15. Btw Casserole takes a lot of ingredient for jut one meal in exchange for high hunger reduction :( If only  I could slice it into pieces so I could consume it wisely.

I thought you'd be glad about it? ;D

Last Stand Issues (Possibly also relating to survival):
- Zombie waves can last forever with simply one lost zombie stuck somewhere; leaving all the time the player needs to get wood, build, etc. I suggest starting the next wave automatically after a certain amount of time, and not waiting for the current one to finish. :3
- Player can climb through barricaded windows.
- The South East window on the top floor leads down back into the house (via sheet-rope).

- Bushes outside hold berries, and so it is possible for the player to get food (Maybe intentional).

- If a player finds sleeping pills and takes them tiredness goes up, making it possible to sleep. Sleeping in the bed keeps the game going at real time, and essentially means it takes 10+ minutes to wake up.

Bug report!
I found what appears to be a zombie woman with a possible beard. Easier to see in game than these screenshots  :-)

krfmATj.png

WigGCOK.png

EDIT:
Bug report #2
I can see  a zombie (stuck behind an "invisible wall") without having to look through a window. Which may be because the wall I'm facing is a walk through wall. So it may not really be there and that's why I can see the zombie.

cPQ3uQd.png

Edit Again:
Two more bugs! Then that's it

#1:When you die, your body disappears when you return to it with a new character. I've had many good things on my character.

#2: I was climbing down my sheetrope when I think there was a zombie below me or nearby, which caused me to jump off the sheetrope when I was close to the ground, through the wall and into the house, and I took the damage you would get if you were jumping off the second floor.

How come my character slowly progresses from "slight pain" to "agony" even though nothing's happening? Happened twice on my first run of this version with female characters. I think I figured out why -- I didn't put PZ in the desura common folder.