FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.15

RobertJohnson

Perhaps the high zombie count is due to some settings not saving? I have noticed that whenever I play through a game, save it, then load it back up, everything seems to have gone back to default values. Maybe I am wrong but I do know that the custom sight option certainly gets reset since they see me a lot easier if I have set it to poor, load it back up after playing for a while, and then get seen from a much further distance away. Loving the updates so far so thanks for the awesome work, TIS!

I have this problem too and posted here on the forums a question about it but the devs never answered. Everytime I load a game its much harder to play then when starting a new one, because zombies detect u from much further away. Also theres not much difference between low and normal number of zombies.

(...)So great build :) really enjoying the large amount of new stuff. and the flexibility of having my base anywhere now thanks to water collection.(...)

How do I collect water?

4 planks, 4 nails, Hammer right click the ground, hit build, then furniture water collector barrel. place it on a natural tie and you are good to go.

Thanks a lot for the insta death window, I'll do my best to reproduce/fix that :)

As for light source, I'm working on it, to make the Flashlight much more effective, because yeah, it's pretty dark here...

Wait.... I've got it. If you aren't directly in front of the window, the character wont actually be on the sheetrope:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iONgoo7Rg&feature=youtu.be

If we think back to Version 2.5 you hung sheetrope sections 1 at a time & needed 2 to get to the ground from a second story window. If you climbed down with only 1 sheetrope you would climb down partway then fall the rest. I think the same thing is happening only instead of falling, the animation plays & makes the character "fall" for longer increasing the damage they receive when they touch the ground.... Note that in the earlier test builds even when only hanging 1 sheetrope, it was displayed graphically as if it went all the way to the ground floor

.... If that makes any sense.... Its getting pretty late in the wonderful world of AUS :(

Hey,

Can you please give me a screenshot of the window where you put a sheetrope and insta dead ?

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5139610179115435,0.4008457270103807,144.94117647058826

1_zps8f4f1364.png

Sorry the window is not visible from the picture. Its in the back of the house.

When the sheet rope instant death last happened to me (2.9.9.13) it was also on a back facing window.  At the NE farmhouse with no well.    I suspected it was the back facing windows and have avoided them since.

Hey,

Can you please give me a screenshot of the window where you put a sheetrope and insta dead ?

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5139610179115435,0.4008457270103807,144.94117647058826

1_zps8f4f1364.png

Sorry the window is not visible from the picture. Its in the back of the house.

When the sheet rope instant death last happened to me (2.9.9.13) it was also on a back facing window.  At the NE farmhouse with no well.    I suspected it was the back facing windows and have avoided them since.

This video was recorded with 2.9.9.14 after the god mode hotfix:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPlfM6_Ekes&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLChb52_Ylr73C7AgTDdy7s7radVJUA67R

Its not the back window that's the problem, its weather or not the animation is playing on a sheetrope.... if the animation plays when you should be falling, you get an insta-death....

I re-created an insta-death in house described by jaYPs, here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iONgoo7Rg

as you can see, the animation plays when technically she should have fallen to the bottom floor & I get an insta-death.... Ive tried to re-create this in other houses & it seems like the glitch needs certain circumstances in order to occur (namely space near the window to move directly backwards, it doesn't occur to the sides of the window) & as such is pretty rare.

In your case, you hung a sheetrope with only 1 in your inventory so, regardless of the graphics that displayed, the rope only hung halfway to the ground & you should have fallen but the animation played the whole way down, increasing "fall" time & giving you the same amount of damage as if you jumped from a 3rd or 4th story window

I just want to ask everyone and also the creators, does the zombies are good to you in the past build 15?

for me the zombies are too sensitive in sight and hearing, and aggresive. this is harder than before.
the difficulty was more challenging.. more challenging that make your heart beating fast until it pops.

coz even while your character is in sleep, your eyes and ears are focus on if there is an upcoming horde.

hahahaha. this is pretty cool. but in my expirience, i cant get pass to 1-3days > <

Hey everyone,

for quick forum releases will be best to use versioning system. I guess there are little differences between minor versions, so downloading 200MB package everytime for few changes just blows my mind out.

If you can't do that I can create self hosted git mirror.

Hey everyone,

for quick forum releases will be best to use versioning system. I guess there are little differences between minor versions, so downloading 200MB package everytime for few changes just blows my mind out.

If you can't do that I can create self hosted git mirror.

Meh, with the difficulty that arises from the hot fixes in Support and their relevant releases thread, this is probably just as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPlfM6_Ekes&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLChb52_Ylr73C7AgTDdy7s7radVJUA67R

Its not the back window that's the problem, its weather or not the animation is playing on a sheetrope.... if the animation plays when you should be falling, you get an insta-death....

as you can see, the animation plays when technically she should have fallen to the bottom floor & I get an insta-death.... Ive tried to re-create this in other houses & it seems like the glitch needs certain circumstances in order to occur (namely space near the window to move directly backwards, it doesn't occur to the sides of the window) & as such is pretty rare.

In your case, you hung a sheetrope with only 1 in your inventory so, regardless of the graphics that displayed, the rope only hung halfway to the ground & you should have fallen but the animation played the whole way down, increasing "fall" time & giving you the same amount of damage as if you jumped from a 3rd or 4th story window

Yes, its similar to what happened to me. When my character was climbing out the window it seemed that he get stucked in the air for about a second or two (which I believed has something to do with the  "fall time") before he directly fell down and died.

Most other second story windows cancel the "right click/climb through" function if your outside of the "auto-align" range, making that one window the only one I can get an Insta-death on in 2.9.9.15

Its strange that the action is cancelled when too far behind the window for "auto-align" yet when standing next to the window, too far for "auto-align" but too close for "path finding" to work, you climb through solid wall.... at least when that happens, the sheetrope animation doesn't start & you don't die....

Yes, its similar to what happened to me. When my character was climbing out the window it seemed that he get stucked in the air for about a second or two (which I believed has something to do with the  "fall time") before he directly fell down and died.

Did you climb down, sort of inside the building?.... like what happened in the video when I re-created the insta-death there?

SO this insta death appear only when using right click and being far from the window ?

With the same window and using context key E it works ?

Yes, up to one tile like the video shows.... That's what I meant by auto align. If your close enough to use the action button, even "right click/climb through" will work because the auto-align range is the same as the action button range

Hordes are still there? Just walked past the house, like a screen away, checked one other out, turned around and whoaaaa - like 20 fuckers are here just standing. C'mon, i just WALKED there chased by nobody! No alarms, no shots fired. Where do they come from?!

Also, i want to know, are there plans on doing something to interface? Cause now it's horrible imo. All that pixel hunting (windows!) and draging crap around... It's not gonna be SO bad in release, right?

Hordes are still there? Just walked past the house, like a screen away, checked one other out, turned around and whoaaaa - like 20 fuckers are here just standing. C'mon, i just WALKED there chased by nobody! No alarms, no shots fired. Where do they come from?!

Portals!

Did you climb down, sort of inside the building?.... like what happened in the video when I re-created the insta-death there?

No. But as far as I remember my character was facing next to the open window with sheet rope. Then I quickly pressed E and my character hops out of the window and there he was like standing in the air for about 2 seconds, then he eventually fell down to death.

I think one of the main problems with crawlers is that they can rotate instantly to face you in combat. Actually, they can rotate just as quickly as you can circle them with your character (while in combat stance), which doesn't make sense and makes them much harder to flank than they should be.

No. But as far as I remember my character was facing next to the open window with sheet rope. Then I quickly pressed E and my character hops out of the window and there he was like standing in the air for about 2 seconds, then he eventually fell down to death.

I've seen that a couple of times, well not the dying part but standing in mid air.... caught it on FRAPS & put it on the end of that video just for shits & giggles :P

I have no idea how to re-create it.... Kinda crazy that, that was the only house I could get an insta-death in, while on 2.9.9.15, & it wasn't even what happened to you :wacko:

I've seen that a couple of times, well not the dying part but standing in mid air.... caught it on FRAPS & put it on the end of that video just for shits & giggles :P

I have no idea how to re-create it.... Kinda crazy that, that was the only house I could get an insta-death in, while on 2.9.9.15, & it wasn't even what happened to you :wacko:

Yeah. That house. And it just happened that it is still my present safehouse. With my new character, I just hope that the glitch wont show again this time. I placed my sheetrope in a different window though

found some glitch:

is this really hard to hit a crawler? that i would be clicking somewhere else

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-W3Zq9Y7tN7d1RwZGtnOXJaU1E/edit?usp=sharing

rarely this happens - invisible barriers like there are some sort of objects obstructing my way

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-W3Zq9Y7tN7OWlMaDJITUktSTg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by jhepong24