FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.15

RobertJohnson

Bugs I have encountered:

- I'm on linux, so I've had the lwjgl bug. Every time I download a test build I have to copy in the correct .so files from the lwjgl package or it won't even start

Are you on 32bit or 64bit?

I'm curious because if you are on 32 bit, does the command I posted here fix the problem? It just copies the liblwjgl.so file (and liblwjgl64.so) so I'm hoping it's a one step fix for each version.

Bugs I have encountered:

- I'm on linux, so I've had the lwjgl bug. Every time I download a test build I have to copy in the correct .so files from the lwjgl package or it won't even start

I'm curious because if you are on 32 bit, does the command I posted here fix the problem? It just copies the liblwjgl.so file (and liblwjgl64.so) so I'm hoping it's a one step fix for each version.

64-bit

- Zombie kill count still goes up into the thousands; don't know what triggers it.

- Shirt texture glitch is still present to some extent.

- Weapons don't disappear from inventory when durability reaches zero (Golf club, Baseball bat)

- Save file name bug still there (Reverts to naming save by a single letter).

- Upgrading a skill while the game is paused (I think) makes the icon for the skill (ie. Box saying Blunt level 1) appear with your mouse forever.

It's great that zombie corpses now have an icon though, but for males it looks like a human dead body, and for females its a zombie. Was this intentional, or is it supposed to be for NPC's? :o

The kill counter should be fixed for the next version. Did you try to enter any special characters in the savename?

The male dead body looks like a zombie to me :S

This has been a problem for a while build wise. I enter any name into the savename, and it always only names it after the first letter I put in. If I call the save "Zombie" when I reopen the game it'll be called "Z", "Pie" > "P", etc. Not sure if anyone else is getting this issue or if I'm missing something obvious. Running the 64bit version if that helps.

As for the corpse icons; The female zombie is clearly green and decomposing, but the male one just looks like a dead human to me.

- Weapons don't disappear from inventory when durability reaches zero (Golf club, Baseball bat)

I thought this was a feature. Hopefully it was. My axe fixing mod kind of relies on this otherwise people have to pay very close attention to their items :D

But if repairing items isn't going to be in the main game it shouldn't really be a feature (If it is planned for down the line then my complaint is invalid obviously :P).

Any mod can undo the item disappearing at zero durability for its own purpose, but there's no point in it being in the main game just to support a mod (especially considering its quite an annoying one).

Also; I've noticed crawlers cant be shot. That's a real problem. ._.

Bugs I have encountered:

Working on Linux 32 bits with lwjgl libs overwrite.

Awesome build :).

Just a tiny non-game-breaking bug you might want to be aware of:

I was in a house, where a zombie (inside as well) was trying to break a window in a separate room of the one I was. When he finally finished his business and the window broke, the shattered glass appeared in front of the window in the room I was (instead of the actual broken window). The window in my room was not broken, it just had shattered glass all over, and no shattered glass in the room where the zombie broke out (but the window was broken, as it should).

Also, the game keeps crashing when I die, I keep getting the same error message from Java (Error:nil; I play on Mac)...

Keep on with the great job :D!

Well my podcasting failed. I'm gonna try fixing my computer to make it faster. In the mean time I've been playing the build.

So far I'm loving it. Haven't found any bugs really. Although it is sometimes difficult to click on windows to barricade them or sinks to fill up water sources.

Another thing that is annoying that if you unbarricade a window it takes them all down at once instead of one at a time... which made me lose all my planks.

I need to find an axe to get my own supply of wood going.

Doors are supposed to be locked. Use windows.

I don't see why empty houses should be locked.  I'm talking completely empty - no zombies.  How the hell does that house get a locked door?

PS. Is fire back in yet? I haven't played extensively; got turned off by the incredulous amount of locked doors, got frustrated and quit.  

Doors are supposed to be locked. Use windows.

I don't see why empty houses should be locked.  I'm talking completely empty - no zombies.  How the hell does that house get a locked door?

Don't you lock your house when you leave it?

Given the lack of keys in this universe, probably not.  It'd be a real hassle having to come back in through the window.

Given the lack of keys in this universe, probably not.  It'd be a real hassle having to come back in through the window.

So if the devs would add keys to zombie corpses you would run around and try which door the key might belong to? As I said in the PM I send you, you could use my mod to get into doors or you just wait until the devs implement some feature that allows it.

That being said, let me remind you that you are playing an Alpha after all.

So if the devs would add keys to zombie corpses you would run around and try which door the key might belong to? As I said in the PM I send you, you could use my mod to get into doors or you just wait until the devs implement some feature that allows it.

Nah, it was mostly a frustrated, sarcastic-at-best attempt at an argument.  I am fully aware of the games current state, and have bee n for the long while I have been following it.  I just feel there are too many locked doors. 

Nah, it was mostly a frustrated, sarcastic-at-best attempt at an argument.  I am fully aware of the games current state, and have bee n for the long while I have been following it.  I just feel there are too many locked doors. 

Well you can assume that the apocalypse might have started during the day while everyone is out at work, and they'd all lock their doors before they left. That, and people might have locked their doors and hid, then climbed out a window or something due to sudden panic or a family member turning. Said new zombie probably chased them, so no zombie in the house.

Well you can assume that the apocalypse might have started during the day while everyone is out at work, and they'd all lock their doors before they left. That, and people might have locked their doors and hid, then climbed out a window or something due to sudden panic or a family member turning. Said new zombie probably chased them, so no zombie in the house.

This whole argument is foolish.... If the doors weren't locked, there would be less strategy involved in finding what you need to survive. This is a game after all.... 

This whole argument is foolish.... If the doors weren't locked, there would be less strategy involved in finding what you need to survive. This is a game after all.... 

Still, the game is supposed to be realistic, so I like to think of explanations for things.