FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.15

RobertJohnson

There is no need to stun them, all you have to do is avoid the area in front of them that they can attack.... no matter how many of them there are. If one of them turns enough while your hitting them, circle again. It just sounds like you haven't come up with a decent strategy for dealing with them like you have with standing Zeds & since you cant deal with them the same way they must be "out of balance".... I haven't been scratched by a crawler since they were 1st implemented

You've got yourself a strategy. Congrats.

However, needing to circle around a zombie that's crawling across the floor when ones on their feet can be approached from any angle? Not exactly ideal. Not being able to stun a zombie with a charged shot when you have a short range weapon? Again, not good. The bottom line here is that dispatching a crawling zombie is more dangerous, requires more time, and is more difficult than killing ones on their feet. That shouldn't really be the case, which is why I think they need tweaking. Whether or not you can kill them is irrelevant to the point.

oh my god i just had a very long night in pz i killed like 100+ zombies when it was very dark outside i had to basically swing wildly until i gave up and slept when i waked up there were more! i managed to live but i went through 3 axes :???:  i would show you the pics of death but idk how to take pics/ find them on my comp

New survivor here.

Played the Desura-build the last few day and liked it a great deal.

Gave the .15 build a try and didn't last a two days. Zeds in every direction.

So friggin many. Looks like they all escape the lame Movie with Mr. Pitt and moved to Muldraugh

Not that I can blame them.

I miss the occasional feel of abandonment from build .10. Loved the fact that you could roam the deserted streets just to turn a corner and face a horde.

All i all the .15 feels more polished and smooth than .10. Way more. Icons for the win.

Cannot say anything else about tools and stuff...seeing' how I'm not around for long to find some ;)

Keep it up.

i cant screenshot the rope bug.

It was on the window above the right hand door on the large warehouse. The player actually tried to climb up on the wrong side of the rope and in doing so it obviously didnt stop at the window.

Ill see what I can do. Sounds about right though, given the circumstances of the Instadeath glitches

It was on the window above the right hand door on the large warehouse. The player actually tried to climb up on the wrong side of the rope and in doing so it obviously didnt stop at the window.

Ill see what I can do. Sounds about right though, given the circumstances of the Instadeath glitches

I'm having trouble with this one.... doesn't appear to be control, reload or performance based although I have successfully re-created the invisible platform glitch at will by lagging out my computer, appears to be the same as invisible walls

Thanks "Debut Video Capture" :P

@ Pandamonia

I know its asking a lot if you were just playing the game, but any other details you can remember that might help re-create this?

Some bugs I found:

When you make a complete shack with doorway and walls it becomes invisibly walled, even if you knock your stuff down after.

I can't seem to starve to death? I'm not going past "hungry"

You can carry a huge amount of weight without any real issues, it doesn't slow you down too much, you don't take damage... I was at like 60/7 and it didn't seem to matter. Although I couldn't carry any more. Seems odd.

Why can't I use a spade to farm? Or an axe? Or my bare hands? Or a plank with spikes in it?

When I tried farming it stopped letting me look at some of my plants, I tried to replant stuff but couldn't. It wouldn't let me dig them up again, after my first plants died.

Why doesn't rain water my plants? Why do I have to water them manually in the middle of a rain storm?

Some bugs I found:

When you make a complete shack with doorway and walls it becomes invisibly walled, even if you knock your stuff down after.

I can't seem to starve to death? I'm not going past "hungry"

You can carry a huge amount of weight without any real issues, it doesn't slow you down too much, you don't take damage... I was at like 60/7 and it didn't seem to matter. Although I couldn't carry any more. Seems odd.

Why can't I use a spade to farm? Or an axe? Or my bare hands? Or a plank with spikes in it?

When I tried farming it stopped letting me look at some of my plants, I tried to replant stuff but couldn't. It wouldn't let me dig them up again, after my first plants died.

Why doesn't rain water my plants? Why do I have to water them manually in the middle of a rain storm?

It doesn't have to be a complete shack, doors & windows are becoming impassable after re-load (either saving & exiting or leaving the area & returning)

Very Hungry is the next moodle & it takes a long time to get there.... If your still sleeping it will take 4-5 days to reach. You will not loose health until you reach the Starving moodle which will be another 1-2 days after that.

The damage side of Over Encumbered has been removed

There are currently some issues with farming.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/914-dig-bug/

Rain does water your plants but not as significantly as watering them yourself

I totally agree that you should be able to dig up dead plants..... but these aren't bugs

Found a Light switch hovering in a door-frame.

Well the problem is that we can't do anything much with that information as the world of PZ is a large one :)

We have an extra topic for map-related problems here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/34-

It would be great if you could at least take a screenshot of the issue and even better if you could use the coordinate viewer tool which you can get in that thread ;)

Noob question or not(it's been a while shince I've sat down to the game or activly read through the forums) but have NPC's been re-implemented in this version & if so was it in this version or a previous one that they were re-implemented in?

Noob question or not(it's been a while shince I've sat down to the game or activly read through the forums) but have NPC's been re-implemented in this version & if so was it in this version or a previous one that they were re-implemented in?

NPC's are due for the 3.0 release

Found a Light switch hovering in a door-frame.

Well the problem is that we can't do anything much with that information as the world of PZ is a large one :)

We have an extra topic for map-related problems here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/34-

It would be great if you could at least take a screenshot of the issue and even better if you could use the coordinate viewer tool which you can get in that thread ;)

Ops. Will do. (fedora)

Still a Newbie here.

I'm having trouble with this one.... doesn't appear to be control, reload or performance based although I have successfully re-created the invisible platform glitch at will by lagging out my computer, appears to be the same as invisible walls

Thanks "Debut Video Capture" :P

@ Pandamonia

I know its asking a lot if you were just playing the game, but any other details you can remember that might help re-create this?

Im happy to help.

Basically i built a wooden box over the inside of that door and i couldnt walk through the door because of the invisible wall bug so i hit E and it climbed the rope instead. Except this time i climbed up the wrong side of the rope. i could have been facing the wrong way also so this could have made him climb up the wrong side. 

Im happy to help.

Basically i built a wooden box over the inside of that door and i couldnt walk through the door because of the invisible wall bug so i hit E and it climbed the rope instead. Except this time i climbed up the wrong side of the rope. i could have been facing the wrong way also so this could have made him climb up the wrong side. 

So you were inside the doorway, blocked off by a crate.... facing inside the building? Sounds like another random based on the way the character "snaps-to" sheetropes/windows when they are activated.

I'll try with the crate & see if the obstruction played any part.... I don't quite get what you mean about the invisible wall.... Are you talking about impassable doors? That's only on crafted doors/windows & if there was a crate there you wouldn't be able to walk through anyways

Im happy to help.

So you were inside the doorway, blocked off by a crate.... facing inside the building? Sounds like another random based on the way the character "snaps-to" sheetropes/windows when they are activated.

I'll try with the crate & see if the obstruction played any part.... I don't quite get what you mean about the invisible wall.... Are you talking about impassable doors? That's only on crafted doors/windows & if there was a crate there you wouldn't be able to walk through anyways

It was a door not a crate i made.

I made a new doorway with wooden sides since the door had been destroyed by Zeds. I was trying to get through and i couldnt. So i turned and faced outside whilst being 1 block inside the warehouse facing outside and climbed the rope the wrong way on the inside of the wall.

I made a new doorway with wooden sides since the door had been destroyed by Zeds. I was trying to get through and i couldnt. So i turned and faced outside whilst being 1 block inside the warehouse facing outside and climbed the rope the wrong way on the inside of the wall.

Oh...... So the clipping glitch on the crafted doorway stopped you from getting to the right position on the rope. I hadn't thought of that, will try that now

Oh...... So the clipping glitch on the crafted doorway stopped you from getting to the right position on the rope. I hadn't thought of that, will try that now

Ok.... So neither the replaced doorway or the foyer worked for re-creating the glitch, activating the sheetrope from the "wrong" side usually auto-corrects on activate. The 2.9.9.15 sheetrope fix was in the recipe not the sheetropes themselves so the occasional exception is still getting through

A crawler managed to attack through the wall as my character was taking his time opening the window from the outside. The crawler started doing the attack animation immediately, but it took a couple seconds for the pain and then the injury moodles to pop up. This screenshot was taken after I backed my character away from the window.

screenshot_19-08-2013_21-02-42_EDIT_zpsc

If it matters, this is on 64-bit Linux with the lwjgl-2.9.0 update.

Hi,

Like many others have said, the zombie count has increased dramatically. These critters are everywhere. I did my usual thing which was gather tools and supplies and head north to the farm with the well, however when I got there it was overrun with zombies. Not just one or two large hordes either, but tons of hordes, everywhere. They were in the forests, on the farm, in the nearby houses (which is normal, but the number here had quadrupled at least). Apart from that this test release is a great build.

On a side note, christ this game is brilliant, keep up the great work

Thanks

WinstonWonka