FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.15

RobertJohnson

REMEMBER: This is a forum test release because it may have new bugs or other serious issues, in fact a few we're aware of already and this latest build hasn't had a huge amount of closed testing. However we'd like to extend it to a forum test to get any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to manually back up your saves (C:\Users\<username>\Zomboid\<gamemode>) when using forum builds.

(if file is not present, please try again in 10-20 mins)

[removed outdated links]

Change list :

• No more god mode.
  •  
  • Fixed various sheetrope bug (consummed sheet rope, falling to death...)
  •  
  • Added icon for dead zombies.
  •  

- Zombie kill count still goes up into the thousands; don't know what triggers it.

- Shirt texture glitch is still present to some extent.

- Weapons don't disappear from inventory when durability reaches zero (Golf club, Baseball bat)

- Save file name bug still there (Reverts to naming save by a single letter).

- Upgrading a skill while the game is paused (I think) makes the icon for the skill (ie. Box saying Blunt level 1) appear with your mouse forever.

It's great that zombie corpses now have an icon though, but for males it looks like a human dead body, and for females its a zombie. Was this intentional, or is it supposed to be for NPC's? :o

- Weapons don't disappear from inventory when durability reaches zero (Golf club, Baseball bat)

I thought this was a feature. Hopefully it was. My axe fixing mod kind of relies on this otherwise people have to pay very close attention to their items :D

- Zombie kill count still goes up into the thousands; don't know what triggers it.

- Shirt texture glitch is still present to some extent.

- Save file name bug still there (Reverts to naming save by a single letter).

- Upgrading a skill while the game is paused (I think) makes the icon for the skill (ie. Box saying Blunt level 1) appear with your mouse forever.

It's great that zombie corpses now have an icon though, but for males it looks like a human dead body, and for females its a zombie. Was this intentional, or is it supposed to be for NPC's? :o

The kill counter should be fixed for the next version. Did you try to enter any special characters in the savename?

The male dead body looks like a zombie to me :S

Hi, I was trying the build 13 especially the last stand 2. 

The "O" key for spending money doesn't seem to work for me. 

here's the thing it says in the cmd area. 

attempted index: reloadButtons of non-table: nullStack:onKeyPressed

Stack:reloadButtons

this repeats forever when I try the o key. 

Thank you for the awesome game !

I've been enjoying this build immensely. The gameplay feels more balanced now, the zombie numbers seem to be under control. Crawlers are more manageable. Increased number of tools spawning also makes surviving a bit easier.

Bugs I have encountered:
- I'm on linux, so I've had the lwjgl bug. Every time I download a test build I have to copy in the correct .so files from the lwjgl package or it won't even start.
- Zombies shambling in place.

- Noticeable slowdown while standing on the roof of the warehouse in town.

- For some reason I can select crates inside the warehouse through the roof.