Weapon Attributes/Stats

AndrewLee

OK I've been looking into resent suggestions and have seen somewhat of what I'm suggesting but not the full thing and if this is wrong for me to post this please do tell.

So what I was thinking was Gun stats and attributes.  The attributes affecting the stats and the stats affecting the Gun/Weapon.  I was reading the Big No's and I saw no specific names for the firearms like AK47 or M14 as it said and this I can understand, it makes things alot easier, that being said I do think that it would be a good thing have. Now when I say attributes I mean like scopes or extended magazines and the stats give some over view of the weapons overall damage, accuracy, durability, etc.  These attributes can be classified as just Rifle Scope and giving a +6 accuracy to said rifle obviously this system could go very in depth to how weapons work and I do realize that I'm mainly targeting firearms but this can also work with melee weapons as in sharping a knife or everyone's favorite a nailed bat. I do believe that this could make specifically guns more of a burden as they would not be as good with out attributes than with thus making a rifle near useless without a scope.

I understand if this is not wanted, as it would be a fairly lengthy process to get all the factors in but, please consider my suggestion.

When the aspect of 'No's' come into play, those are Dev  plans. That does not mean you cannot do that yourself, for example they said no cure for infection, there is a mod called 'the cure' and I created one too. So as I take it, it doesn't mean your not allowed, it just means they won't do it.

Now, for your ideas, the sprites we currently cannot edit (we should be able to soon). And say you wanted to have a weapon that you can upgrade. Well you can have said weapon e,g AK47. Then you can find an item called 'extended mags' And you can combine that to your AK47, and it will create a rifle similar to the AK, but with more ammo capacity. It is relatively easy to do.

It may not have the visual sprite elements (yet) but it can have icon improvements, and importantly gameplay improvements. Which can affect all the stats for the weapon.

If you read a topic and it said 'No'. That doesn't mean your not allowed, that simply means they won't do it. (Someone correct me if im wrong)