Where did soft reset go?

theSpeare

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Dsoftreset  -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.network.GameServerPAUSE

create a new txt file, save this to it, rename it ProjectZomboidServer_SoftWipe.bat

when i did it it kept the player built structures and crates and the barricaded buildings. it only reset loot (world loot & loot in player crates) and zombies. in the serverOptions.ini is a line that says "ResetID=XXXXXXXX" where XXXXXXXX is a set of numbers if these numbers change it reset my chars, if i backed up my serverOptions.ini and replaced it after the soft wipe it didnt.

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Dsoftreset  -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.network.GameServer

PAUSE

^^^thats the ProjectZomboidServer_SoftWipe.bat , create a new txt file put those 2 lines in it and then save it as a .bat file.

i removed the mem perimeters because i have 32gb ram.

also i went in the zomboid/multiplayer/servertest folder and cut out the zombie_xxx.bin files and put them in another folder til the wipe was done.

it took like 45 minutes to wipe the 65,975 or so map_xxx.bin files clean in my servertest folder tho ,and watch the screen the softwipe.bat may error and if it does youll wanna get the name of the last file it completed, which is the one above the one it would be currently doing when it erred and cut all the file from the first one to that one and paste them in another folder then start the softwipe.bat again till it fully completes .

i also had a issue the last time i softwiped, map_meta.bin and map_t.bin (both are in the servertest folder ) didnt seem to be in the folder after the wipe was done, so i started a new map and cut those files from the folder and added them to my main map and it was fine after that. im not sure if its supposed to delete those when it softwipes or not but you may wanna back those up or make new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching for "soft reset", found this thread :). I hate making new threads and this one is only 2 weeks old (I can make a new thread mods :)).

I got word the latest build / patch fixed an issue with the high amount of RAM required when performing a server soft-reset (please note this was done under Linux Ubuntu 64-bit - 32 GB RAM, I limited the amount of RAM the process could use -> 8 GB).

I add "-Dsoftreset" to the pz-dedi.file myself (+RAM setting). Nothing more.

By process I mean this :) :

Soft clearing chunk: map_1342_800.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1157_704.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1095_937.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1344_1030.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1239_1085.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1165_1012.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1038_881.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1010_900.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1061_869.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1076_1072.binSoft clearing chunk: map_966_1122.binSoft clearing chunk: map_995_850.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1145_891.binSoft clearing chunk: map_982_811.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1027_1118.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1112_1111.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1126_881.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1318_1074.binSoft clearing chunk: map_1277_846.bin

The high amount of RAM required was a problem for some servers, sure you can add 16/32 GB but that`s not always possible.

Instead of the usual 9-11 GB RAM , only 5.3 GB! was needed to complete the process! (Build 26+hotfix). 

Would be great if another server admin can confirm the above results :). I will try another server when it ran for a few days.

Thanks.