PZ Free App

Judging by our ToU I'd tentatively say yes, but I recommend emailing them at info@theindiestone.com first and double checking:

By purchasing Project Zomboid or using our forums, this is what you are permitted to do:

The golden rule is that you can do what you want with Project Zomboid as long as it is not for commercial purposes (i.e. for your own profit) or for malicious/illegal purposes.  Some examples of what we mean are below.  If you have any doubts or questions about whether you can or can’t do something, contact us first atinfo@theindiestone.com instead of just doing/not doing it!

We give you a licence to:

• Change or distribute the base files or contents in any way you like, provided that those changes do not result in you making Project Zomboid available to play or download , or are for the purposes of cheating, hacking, exploits or griefing other people or are malicious or illegal in intent or practice.
  • Use art, music, video footage or other assets of Project Zomboid for creative purposes in any way you like providing the end result is related in some way to Project Zomboid, is for non-commercial use only and states Project Zomboid as its influence and origin by supplying the following wording prominently with the assets: ”Thanks to The Indie Stone for creating Project Zomboid http://projectzomboid.com/), which made this possible.  This is an unofficial fan production for non-commercial purposes made under the Indie Stone Terms [link to these terms]“
  • If you use any third party contents, IP, software or tools together with Project Zomboid then it’s your responsibility to make sure you have all the necessary licences and permissions etc.
  •  You can make gameplay footage or “Let’s Play” type videos on YouTube or other online video platforms, and monetise them if you like too.

Archived