Why Is There A Shortage Of Umbrellas?

kinyoshi

Pick Your Poison!!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see umbrellas in the game?

So... Umbrellas, not rare but not super-common as loot in houses and the stores.

It would require both hands to use and would open in three seconds but take ten seconds to shake dry and close. Both of those timers would require you to be standing still.

The noise from the water hitting the umbrella would make more noise than the rain around it making you a little more noticeable when walking around in the rain if zombies are about.

It would be usable as a very limited bat like weapon and would break pretty fast, maybe one to three uses. It would have the close combat jaw kill move like knives, maybe four to five uses. 

If in multi-player, two or three people can stand under it and not get wet.

It would wear out over time from the wear and tear and from the water damaging it (long-term).

And if hot and sunny, you stay cool when using it.

Edited by kinyoshi

It would be really nice, but i think it should only reduce the amount of rain you recive, because it can't cover well every part of your body, and running with it even more chances that the rain hits you and gets you wet.

What about if it made your pants and shoes wet, becoming wet that way. And if they add fungus, maybe athletes feet could be added if you don't regularly remove your shoes to let your feet dry out.  

Edit: Welcome to PZ by the way :)

Edited by kinyoshi

Damn, my plan has been revealed! I'm trying to make an umbrella mod...

Those are some nice ideas! I've gotten to the part where I know how to not get wet now it's just the rest of the coding that I have to figure out. And you can close it and use it as a weapon (KittenKnife stats for now...) I'll post what I've got when I get the time to polish it a bit. If someone's interested in helping I'd be more than willing to collaborate!