Fuel generators

SunshineBlind

As we all probably know by now, the electricy runs out after a while. This is all well and good, but I'd like to see an opportunity to create an outdoor fuel generator, that needs gasoline to work. It would balance itself out with the rather loud noise this machine would make, which could cause zombies to draw towards your house. So it'd be a risk/reward kind of thing. On one hand, you'll have a working fridge and oven, on the other hordes would tend to migrate towards you, causing your safehouse to be at risk. 

Is this idea feasible? 

A really great first post, welcome to the forums :)

The generators are a great idea, and are well balanced. I would see it being a great addition when npcs are in, with your clan being one of the few with a working generator and better storable food and water etc... you could probably as well attract rogue groups / clans or have a higher chance of people joining you.

"Hey, wanna tag along?"

"Get lost."

"We got a working generator!"
"Lets fucking go!"
I support this!

Fuel generator is a good idea, but all the fuel on the map will still be consumed someday. I think it would be cool that we can build some simple wind turbines or solar panels so we can generate power without losing anything.