[MP] Global channel, and radios.

Vae

Just a suggestion to make MP communications a little more interesting/reality based.

New Item. Radio. Requires Batteries.

Turning on the radio will give access to the global chat function, but drain power.

My thinking is that this mechanic would reduce global chat spam on larger servers (once established) and consolidate communities around local relationships (/say chat), but at the same time allowing organised communication between community cells once face to face contact has been made. ie organised broadcasts at 7pm for people to turn on their radios.

Alternate options are radio can only receive but drains very little power, and transmission is linked to specific equipment/locations ie looted from radio stations/studios and requires large amounts of power ie generators.

I'm pretty sure it's been suggested a few times already ! But yeah the idea is cool.

Tho I don't think it should have something to do with the global chat since it can be deactivated in the server options. Maybe some channels ? Like a dozen of channels you could choose to broadcast or discuss on. Maybe even A LOT of channels ! so you have to find one with people on it, browsing the frequencies and stuff, that would be kewl :D