guns already loaded when found

Zeric89

Good idea  :)

Most people don't keep firearms loaded, though. Some states it's even illegal to store them like that- not sure about KY. Just food for thought.

Good point, but still, not everyone obeys the law (especially after the apocalypse has broken out, I'd imagine many guns would be loaded). Anyhow I think we both agree that it should be quite rare to find a pistol with rounds left in it...

Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure KY has a law where a weapon can have a limited amount of rounds in it (AR I believe is 10) if that weapon is stored somewhere for quick self defense. 

I could google it... im to lazy  :mellow: 

Either way, I agree that if a zombie apocalypse broke out a few people would have had weapons armed, loaded, and ready to go! However (And correct me if I'm wrong) is there anyway to see how many rounds are in a weapon currently? Because now that I recall I don't remember seeing anything that showed me if a weapon was loaded or not? 

However (And correct me if I'm wrong) is there anyway to see how many rounds are in a weapon currently? Because now that I recall I don't remember seeing anything that showed me if a weapon was loaded or not? 

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about this!

It's quite annoying not knowing how many rounds you have left, but I guess it's somewhat realistic... Giving you the occasional "oh shit" moment when running out of ammo if you're not counting  :) Maybe you should only see the amount of rounds in the gun when it's unequipped?

However (And correct me if I'm wrong) is there anyway to see how many rounds are in a weapon currently? Because now that I recall I don't remember seeing anything that showed me if a weapon was loaded or not? 

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about this!

It's quite annoying not knowing how many rounds you have left, but I guess it's somewhat realistic... Giving you the occasional "oh shit" moment when running out of ammo if you're not counting  :) Maybe you should only see the amount of rounds in the gun when it's unequipped?

Ya its kinda tricky to tackle that one! Part of me is like "I really wish I knew how many rounds I had in a weapon" but at the same time I enjoy the thought of just spontaneously running out during mid fire fight.  

Maybe have a way where you can right click your weapon and click *Check ammo* or something? Then you could have weapons that spawn with various amounts of ammo in them. 

For example, you find a pistol and your like "YES!" but then you get all nervous because your like "What if there's no ammo..." And you slowly slide the clip out and peer in to see... 5 rounds! Yay!  :D

There are no Firearm laws prohibiting you having a magazine loaded and it being stored in your house, and this is never the case other than what I would imagine NY having magazine limits, but having a a law that states you cannot have a loaded firearm in your home is nonsense. Kentucky is very liberal with there gun laws, and have no "assault weapon law". It even reciprocates my WV CCW permit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Kentucky

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

Cheers,

Ben

That's incorrect handlebar- I know some states (and not just ultra liberal ones) require ammo and firearms be stored in separate, locked cases. Not saying Kentucky requires that, but it's definitely true in some states.

I beg to differ.

New York

Colorado

Hawaii

California

Massachusetts

Illinois

District of Columbia

Maryland

I may of missed one, these are all very Democratic states, I would imagine if anyone would have these laws stating that firearms must be unloaded in your own home that they would have them. (though I can't really find that law anywhere, only ones limiting to capacity of magazines). I would think any state that allows Conceal Carry would not have a rule like the one mentioned above. A loaded pistol in the nightstand, a cruiser ready 12 Gauge by the bed. The only thing I could think of is if you are meaning carrying firearms in a vehicle, I know in my state (WV) I am allowed to have my CCW loaded (obviously) but if I'm hunting I can not drive around with my .308 loaded, it has to be unloaded, now the ammunition can still be in the same case as the said gun.

If you do have any information on the keeping ammo/guns seperate in your house with them not being loaded I'd be interested in reading it.

Thanks,

Ben

-Now I also do not believe that every gun you encounter should be loaded or even have a possibility of being loaded. IE guns in Crates in warehouses, or closets in houses. Now a pistol in the nightstand, yes, I could easily go along with that.

That's incorrect handlebar- I know some states (and not just ultra liberal ones) require ammo and firearms be stored in separate, locked cases. Not saying Kentucky requires that, but it's definitely true in some states.

I'm mostly sure this just applies during transportation of the firearms.

I apologize Handlebar, you're correct. What I was thinking of are Child Access Prevention laws, which retroactively incriminate you if you do leave firearms in such a state and they are used by a minor. So, while not illegal to have sitting there, if any minor comes into your home and accesses your firearms stored inappropriately, you are criminally responsible for it.

I would think most firearms found outside of a safe would be loaded.  Any home protection weapon is usually kept loaded.  In my house the glock and the mossy are stored with rounds in them.  None of them are chambered, just they are loaded.  Also, I leave rounds in my CCW and the gun in my car.

In the zombie apocalypse tho, I think I would have burned all my rounds before going down, or else I would have put on in my own head.

As the game goes, bullets and guns are super powerful.  I feel the combination of rarity for ammo and firearms evens out as it currently sits.