Zombies respawning

Darrien

I know the current code of mp is that zombies do not respawn at all, is there any way as an admin that I can force the server to do a respawn without having to go to various locations as a admin to do the createhorde, it would be great if I could just do a create horde at various coords instead of my current location.

What we're doing now on mindescape, since the softreset kinda crashes the server, we made different admin accounts we scattered accross the map, each one of them on a "strategical" spot (like 4 or 5 surrouding the cities, on the edge, and 1 or 2 in the middle, depends what you want)

Then you just have to create your horde, make some meta events to make them move, and log with other accounts to do the same. That's less of a pain in the butt than running accross the map but that's all we have until the migration system is in ;o (Or a better admin tool with a map overview or something)

What we're doing now on mindescape, since the softreset kinda crashes the server, we made different admin accounts we scattered accross the map, each one of them on a "strategical" spot (like 4 or 5 surrouding the cities, on the edge, and 1 or 2 in the middle, depends what you want)

Then you just have to create your horde, make some meta events to make them move, and log with other accounts to do the same. That's less of a pain in the butt than running accross the map but that's all we have until the migration system is in ;o (Or a better admin tool with a map overview or something)

That's a pretty clever solution I have to say. :)

Well thank you ^^

Tho the method has its limits : gunshots meta events locations are random which means you sometimes have to spam them until a shot is fired in the right area, and zombies moving in huge group can lead to weird situations like a part of them stopping on a single line, or hopping above a fence on the way, and hopping back again, and again etc... Still better than an empty server :D

yeah been doing the same, just went through doing a soft reset in chunks.........it reset more than just containers and zombies...-.-   characters got wiped,some server options. did reset loot in the containers and zombies seemed to respawn when you walked around to find them, but no matter how many different combinations of the backed up server files did i manage to get a proper soft reset to work and keep buildings characters.   i do hope somone figures a way to reset loot and zombies without having to practicallly hard wipe your server every time.

EDIT:   took way too fucking long to finally finish doing it properly before having to fiddle with more settings.