Linux Server Auto Install Project Zomboid Scripts

Connall

Oh right, ok. I was a little worried I'd have to invest some serious time in learning to modify and moderate the server. 

Thanks for the fast reply and exceptional service!

Moderating is handled all in game. Troubleshooting can be done through something like FileZilla if you prefer a more visual interface.

Oh right, ok. I was a little worried I'd have to invest some serious time in learning to modify and moderate the server. 

Moderating is handled all in game. Troubleshooting can be done through something like FileZilla if you prefer a more visual interface.

Ok, thanks, I follow you. I feel silly asking, but first I must install FileZilla server on my Linux server, correct?

edit- the last time I bother you! Promise :P.

Ok, thanks, I follow you. I feel silly asking, but first I must install FileZilla server on my Linux server, correct?

Nah FileZilla is something for your desktop that allows you to connect to your server and view the server as if it was a folder setup on your own computer. You just can't run commands (I think, I use PuTTy for that anyway.) The guide explains using FileZilla if you need a bit of help then just leave a message. ;)

Nah FileZilla is something for your desktop that allows you to connect to your server and view the server as if it was a folder setup on your own computer. You just can't run commands (I think, I use PuTTy for that anyway.) The guide explains using FileZilla if you need a bit of help then just leave a message. ;)

Ohh, don't get me wrong. I've used Filezilla many times, I just haven't used it for this purpose. I was under the impression I had some more leg work to do before I could get going. 

Thanks again, I'll read your guide more carefully and hopefully I will be sorted.

First off, thank you for the two guides I've attempted so far.  I tried the manual installation guide and came across an error, tried to follow the directions even closer but, still no avail.  Having tried the auto installation scripts (again, thanks for that), I ran into another error which I'm not entirely sure how to troubleshoot.

After installation I follow the directions to start-up the server and I am given the following error.

pz-server@server:~/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid$ ./projectzomboid-dedi-server.shLoading RakNet from: /home/pz-server/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboidException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: zombie/core/Core : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:138)

Is it possible I'm missing something for my server or possibly an update?  Thank you in advance to anyone with input!

• 1 month later...

Connall Just wanted to say, again, thank you for the help. I did eventually give up on the server, but that was due to lack of RAM on the machine, not your help here. I think now I'll just go for a host where I can get some slots. :) Just thought I would let you know since you were helping me out at the beginning of this thread.  

Connall Just wanted to say, again, thank you for the help. I did eventually give up on the server, but that was due to lack of RAM on the machine, not your help here. I think now I'll just go for a host where I can get some slots. :) Just thought I would let you know since you were helping me out at the beginning of this thread.  

Cool! Might want to use another resource I created if you're looking for hosters: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9856-project-zomboid-server-hoster-sites/

Anyway best of luck on your server endeavours. :D

Cool! Might want to use another resource I created if you're looking for hosters: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9856-project-zomboid-server-hoster-sites/

Anyway best of luck on your server endeavours. :D

Yes, I have a host picked out from there already :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Any plans for a CentosOS version of the scripts?

As far as I'm aware, I believe CentOS still isn't supported as a server distros for Project Zomboid, so no. I'm also don't work much on the scripts at the moment, so wouldn't think so.