zombis should drop all non-clothing, non backpack loot upon death.

philthy mcnasty

looting from zombies is hard, especially if you kill 50 of them in a choke point. One means to make this eaiser is have all the non-backpack, non-clotheing items that they were carrying drop onto the floor upon death. This would make looting eaiser, AND be more realistic.

more realistic according to who?

sounds to me like you don't want the "hassle" of actually looking for HIDDEN loot that the zombies may or may not have on them.

sorry, but i vote against this. we already have enough in game things that they simplified to make it work. we don't need to be hand fed the loot like that.

I'm assuming he means drop items the zombies aren't wearing, and therefore wouldn't be attatched to the body and easy to grab off the floor.  The only problem is, I don't see how the zombie could be carrying the loot around if it weren't attatched to them.  They don't exactly use their hands to manipulate objects, and any weapon or somesuch they might have had as a human they would have dropped when they first "died."

Sometimes i find fire axes on the zombies, yet they do not have a back pack, so where are they carrying the fire axes?

This came up after i killed 30-60 zombies in a choke point. The area was safe, so i had all the time in the world, but the search option for this in the games just SUCKS when it comes to 4 or more zombies in an area.  its sooo easy to lose track of what has been searched and what has not.

Granted, when dragging is implimented, this will make it a lot eaiser, as i can drag the usless  bodies away.

I can't explain where it was carrying the fire axe if not in its hands, but I also can't explain how it would know to hold an axe in its hands.  It just seems... wrong.

I agree that sorting through large amounts of containers in a small place makes it hard to keep track of what you've looked through and what you haven't.  I get this problem with zombies sometimes, but it can be an issue with enough crates stacked near each other as well.  Maybe there could be a small indicator, like a colored dot in the bottom corner of the container icon, to tell you if you've viewed the contents recently.

Sometimes i find fire axes on the zombies, yet they do not have a back pack, so where are they carrying the fire axes?

This came up after i killed 30-60 zombies in a choke point. The area was safe, so i had all the time in the world, but the search option for this in the games just SUCKS when it comes to 4 or more zombies in an area.  its sooo easy to lose track of what has been searched and what has not.

Granted, when dragging is implimented, this will make it a lot eaiser, as i can drag the usless  bodies away.

kinda like real life a bit isnt it?

kinda like real life a bit isnt it?

I worked retail in high school I saw LOTS of shoplifting. So i understand things like:ammo, handguns, knives, and small stuff not dropping and being seen. WITH THAT SAID: How can you hide a 3-4 foot long fire axe, crowbar, shotgun, or any other large item? Do zombies have some sort of interdimensional pocket that i do not know about? The larger objects are what bother me.

Then again, i am OCD about stuff like that.

I understand backpacks will be visiable in the future, so i understand that. but the whole invisiable fire axe thing drives me nuts. I mean, where are they putting it?!

Also, i would not mind a volume based inventory system, that made backpaces necessary. It does bother me that you can have 20 items stashed in your pants. esepecially in a game that has grocery bags and backpacks .This would be a great opptunity to utilize the whole "backpack on the back and in the secondary equipment slot feature" and it would make sense.

Granted, i have heard of shoplifters caught with a bunch of stuff in their pants before, but still that is too much stuff for an average joe to just carry around.

Maybe if there was an "observant" perk or a looting skill, that made things like that visiable, i would be ok with that. BUT i can not stand the larger items Just being stashed like that. Sure the weight affects how much you can carry, but still, larger objects like pool cues, sledge hammers, crow bars, and axes are too big to fit in a pocket or backpack.

idea about axes and stuff found on dead zed:

imagine someone tries to kill a zed with an axe. hits it in the stomach or robcagge or whatnot. axe gets stuck (it alsmost certainly was no experienced axewielder), human dies to zed.

would the zed remove the axe ? no, why bother ....

That would be soooooooo cool, to see zeds with weapons sticking out of them. I would not mind at all if that was the case. Especially if it was a zed that killed a previous character....