Spawn in tall buildings

Sangennaru

Hello everyone! 
That's my first post in the forum, since i discovered PZ not so long ago. I've been amazed by the map tools, and i started doing some early experiments:

29dvcyx.png

106h7ib.png

however, i would like to do even much taller and wider buildings, where the player(s) can explore and fight zombies in the floors.
However, i'm worried about the spawn rules: do zombies spawn inside the buildings? What about multi - story buildings? do zombies spawn in each floor with the same chance?

I understand that the same question might be asked in the past but:
1 - i did some search and i got no answers
2 - the game is developing really fast, and things might have been changed.

Besides, probably i'm doing it wrong, Anyways, when i try to "play" a last stand with my map, i can see my buildings but when i try to approach them they disappear. Is that a common error due to a common mistake?

Thanks for your time and comprehension. I'm an enthusiastic newcomer, but still extremely noob. 
Cheers

Jack

Hi Sangennaru!

What I've heard from the others, Z spawning in houses seems currently a little buggy.

Disappearing: Why you don't upload your *.tbx file for us, so someone of us can take a closer look on your building. I never seen a complete building disappear :) . Maybe you build it on the 2nd floor and don't mention it.

Otherwise: your lamppost at the entrance should be one tile away from the building, because it merge with it ;)

Edit: The mistake I've made in my first building: Don't place stairs above each other! You can't go down anymore!

Edited by Sieben

Ok, i was definitely using level 1 for the buildings. 
I'ts really interesting to acknowledge about the other bugs, I really didn't find a list of those anywhere, and i think it might be precious to have one. :)

I don't know how to upload files right now, and i'll certainly share all my buildings here asap! However, my buildings are meant to be part of a japanese town, so i will try to keep my style close to the japanese one (that means, basically, horrible thin and tall buildings...).

For the spawn bug, i just hope that in the future it will be fixed,i've no hurry but it would be a real pity if a building 20-30 floors high will be Z-free! 

Besides, once again THANK YOU to everyone that contributed in that project, as a model maker - sculptor i'm seriously stunned by the variety and efficiency of this map tools! It almost makes me stop sculpting real stuff! Ah, and by the way, my website: www.thelazyforger.com

thanks again for the help,

cheers

Jack