Since this is a hardcore server I suggest no resets ever.

Let guns, ammo, nails, and food run dry and watch as everyone fights over resources.

People stealing from others gardens and fighting with melee weapons.

You fight to survive.

Let it be truely hardcore.

Yes but I had mixed results, i will give it a go this weekend, see how the behave on your screen :)

Restarted the server btw.

Since this is a hardcore server I suggest no resets ever.

Let guns, ammo, nails, and food run dry and watch as everyone fights over resources.

People stealing from others gardens and fighting with melee weapons.

You fight to survive.

Let it be truely hardcore.

That`s the plan!, plenty of servers with hourly fresh loot (lol..).

AliceCoop'

Ever considered setting the zombies speed on 'spinters' to make it even moar hardcoaaar ? :3

He's tried it before, it usually ended up with zombies teleporting all over the place, after a "fairly short" period ( At least as far as server time goes )

And that was with normal amount of zed.. with insane.. it would probably go batshit instantly >.<

Daym, I really wish it's gonna work properly someday :D

I've asked about it on the MP sub-forum and someone adviced to reset server + erase all the characters. Does that mean people would have to delete their multiplayer saves on client side ? (Only for the server setting running zombies ofc)

I don't know really. I mean if you do a reset of the server, you end up having to make a new character anyways. Server settings still seems a bit.. wonky at times... I mean AC has experimented on the normal EU server he's running so. 

I'm still fiddling around with it myself and it seems to produce.. odd results at times, sometimes you have to clean everything up and sometimes not.

Well better let others chip in their two cents o.o can't alter stuff based on one person's feelings alone.

Agree with Lussian on this one. I see some of his points, but I can see the negative sides to those points as well.

Some things just can't be done (yet) because of certain 'bugs' or glitches... like for instance the PvP constantly turned on cause you need to be aware? I was chopping wood, and a friendly was standing behind me, far away... for some weird ass reason, I killed him with my axe.

Server sync was corrupt and the server thought he was standing right next / in front of me.

Trust me, not fun when that happens, no matter how 'aware' you are.

About the communication... I have actually noticed most people DON'T use off-server communication and the global chat to talk to players who are not in your 'group' is very nice and welcome. It brings more fun to the game IMHO. I only have about three players on steam now and about half of the players on server doesn't come on TS.

Question Lexy, have you actually PLAYED on the server? For longer than an hour that is... to experience the community, the chatting etc...

yeah i have played more than one hour ... im more of an observer tho and keep to myself most of the time  :ph34r:

@lussian - by no means i want to portray my view as the only truth (even tho it is  :D ) it is merely stated as a suggestion and to stir up some discussion about these changes. 

i am also aware of certain gamemechanics / bugs making life harder than it is intended to be by the game and that some of my suggestions do not help to lower these problems, but i still think that what i mentioned makes the game more enjoyable and realistic / hardcore (for me at least that is), especially when these bugs / glitches get fixed eventually

the all-chat issue i have is that its majorly immersion-breaking if you can hear everyone talking about anything and takes away from actually having to "randomly" run accross someone to "meet" them 

it's like everyone enters the zombieapocalypse with a magical walkie-talkie that allows them to talk to everyone. 

turning off allchat (and especially the name tags above players) would make established groups alot more "tight-knitted" imho ... and make it alot more interesting when people / groups meet each other for the first time (or interact inbetween each other in any way for that matter) 

i know that my suggestions got negative aspects aswell, but i honestly think that the positive ones outweight these

i dont want to enforce my views on this server, but i truly wish for a server that is hardcore and realistic at the same time (and being EU based  ^_^ ), and i think this server with its community could be this one, thats why im stating my suggestions / views, so we can talk about it and find a common ground that is acceptable (and most importantly) enjoyable for all of us

:wub:

Eventually got on and loved every minute of it. Chased by a mob for the first 10 minutes in West Point, gathered what supplies I could from non-looted upstair areas of housing and made my way to the farm.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks a lot for this great server!

Be wary of Zippy and Jolly Roger.

I was returning to my safehouse and Zippy showed up and brandished a pistol.

I told him to please leave and he agreed.

10-15 minutes later I'm looking out the bedroom window and see Zippy again but this time with a friend.

They eventually leave but again for the 3rd time, about an hour later Zippy is back with his pistol and trying to get into my safehouse.