Creating Skyscrapers

yarndigger

I'm interested In learning how to make maps for Zomboid, I want to start a HUGE project with some of my friends and create the city of Melbourne, Australia. However Melbourne is a collosal city with buildings stretching upto 91 floors [see Attached]. I would guess the engine couldn't support buildings that tall or it would cause conciderable framedrops.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to do this either now or in the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance  ^_^

post-11092-0-42293500-1396495808_thumb.j

As far as I know the limit for buildings is 8 floor including roof. After that it won't work in game. So that's the biggest you can build atm. I'd imagine that it'll be possible to do higher buildings at some point, but as you said, if there were that many floors and more than one building, you're likely going to see some major frame drops.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the max tested was 30 floors, someone quoted me that someone else had made a 30 floor building on the map editor on the steam forums.

I personally have created 10 + 15 floor buildings, so I know 8 is not the limit, However Suomiboi might be right and that it 'might' not work in game (the 30 floor building could have been an earlier build)

Best bet is to create a room with 30 flights of stairs and try it! And let me know how it goes as I plan on making a large tower myself.

I've tested 18 floors in editor, but with fully furnished rooms, this could be hard for playing stable. I've some stability problems currently with my soccer/football stadion and it has only 6 floors (but has a current working size of 200x200) , is not fully furnished and not really optimized (I think the lag comes from using a single pre-drawn placeholder room and it's kind of huge for each floor). The lag also appears only if I want to place funriture.

If I advanced further, I can tell more :)

How it is in the game self I don't know. Maybe someone should test it :)