Chess anyone?

nasKo

We played online via Chess.com.

It also allows for games to be made over the course of several days, where you have X time per move.

If you don't move in time, it's a loss.

Just checking general interest for now before setting out rules, though.

I'd offer to join up but I'm terrible at chess.

You don't have to be a pro :P

I haven't played since the last tournament which was in January 2013. Maybe even end of 2012. Not too sure.

IIRC I lost to Keepbro in the final

@nasKo If you like chess, you should check out http://www.tacticsarena.com/play/ Tactics Arena Online, it's an old game that's dead now, but an extremely fun one. It is slightly like chess, it's extremely strategical, and one of my favorite games of all time. If you ever want to give it a go message me and we can play.

as for the chess tournament, I'm down to play, as well as a tournament for sure. As long as it doesn't fall on a day I'm at MEPS or doing something with the military.

Time is not much of an issue. As stated, it can be se tup that people have 1 day per turn.

For tournament reasons, this might not be suitable, but we'll see I guess.

Good to see so many people being interested :)

A move a day might be too slow and generous for a tournament, if you really only do one turn per day (considering my average game is ~30 moves) :P

I guess we'd set it up to 24 hours per turn but make it a rule to finish a game within 3 days. Does that sound doable to everyone?

To attend, please make sure to have a Chess.com account. It's free as long as you don't subscribe to their premium membership.

I am nasKoPZ on there, in case anyone wants a warm-up :)

Will mos tlikely make a new thread or edit OP with the rules and shtings