RELEASED Build 26

RobertJohnson

In this build the server decides which map is used, that's why the client doesn't get to choose the map.  In your server *.ini file the map name can be "Map=Muldraugh, KY" or "Map=Westpoint, KY".  You can also use a map mod to provide other maps.  For map mods, both the client and server require the same mod to be installed.

In this build the server decides which map is used, that's why the client doesn't get to choose the map.  In your server *.ini file the map name can be "Map=Muldraugh, KY" or "Map=Westpoint, KY".  You can also use a map mod to provide other maps.  For map mods, both the client and server require the same mod to be installed.

Hrm, so the server isn't adding a useful default, when there isn't a map entry currently defined in the config file currently?

yeah fresh install on buil 26 cant access my server, ports are open as they always are on my dedicated server.  Use the Admin account i made at the fresh install to log in, but yet i get connection failed everytime.  i looked and the map is set for Muldraugh, KY

any suggestions?

here is a SS of console

http://prntscr.com/3c58e3

clearly its up, just cant connect

WOW! so my host decided to update their firewall closing ALL ports

i had to message them with what ports i want open

server is live and you can connect sorry for the pointless posts

Hrm, so the server isn't adding a useful default, when there isn't a map entry currently defined in the config file currently?

The map defaults to Muldraugh, KY so the spawnpoints defined in MainCreationMethods.lua will be used.  For custom maps, a spawnpoints.lua file created with WorldEd or by hand defines the spawnpoints.  It's an error currently not to have any spawnpoints defined.

So that means in an MP server players can no longer choose whether to spawn in ML or WP? :/ seems like something people may want to continue doing, especially when the map expands more? at least as a server option to allow choice?

Heya, being new, this is my first post. So bear with me.

Anyhow, I have noticed that eating a burger is impossible. It is listed as food, but trying to right click it results in nothing. That's the only thing next to the farming that I found so far

Hey Producer-san, welcome to our forums. Please post a ticket in our bug tracker here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/

Why the hell i can't eat burgers?!

Reading often helps:

Anyhow, I have noticed that eating a burger is impossible. It is listed as food, but trying to right click it results in nothing. That's the only thing next to the farming that I found so far

Hey Producer-san, welcome to our forums. Please post a ticket in our bug tracker here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/

I'm trying to add mods to my multiplayer server(with this last build).

1>I've put the files in the mods folder(..users/username/zomboid/mods/),(..steamapps/common/pz/mods/);

2>insert their names in the servertest.ini(in this case "Mods=CraftHelper;Reloading;TommyGuns;").

When starting the game and trying to log in, i got this message "required mods not found".

Those mods worked good for me in SP.
Anyone has experienced mods on multiplayer server?

I'm trying to add mods to my multiplayer server(with this last build).

1>I've put the files in the mods folder(..users/username/zomboid/mods/),(..steamapps/common/pz/mods/);

2>insert their names in the servertest.ini(in this case "Mods=CraftHelper;Reloading;TommyGuns;").

When starting the game and trying to log in, i got this message "required mods not found".

Those mods worked good for me in SP.

Anyone has experienced mods on multiplayer server?

Both the client and server need the mods installed.  There should be a message in the client console such as "MOD: required mod "CraftHelper" not found".

The map defaults to Muldraugh, KY so the spawnpoints defined in MainCreationMethods.lua will be used.  For custom maps, a spawnpoints.lua file created with WorldEd or by hand defines the spawnpoints.  It's an error currently not to have any spawnpoints defined.

That line definitely hasn't been added to my ini file, so is the default internal? I've seen multiple reports of MP server upgrades 25 ->26 upgrade breaking the ability to finish server connection, and it does seem to be in map download that clients hang.

I host a local LAN game with my wife, and I'm having trouble getting our server to launch again when I change the .ini to spawn us in Westpoint.  I changed the line Map=Maldrough, KY to Map=Westpoint, KY and then the server won't launch.  It will launch just fine if I leave it as Maldrough, but both our characters have been deleted. 

I've pretty much assumed our characters are gone forever, but I'd like to be able to spawn back in Westpoint so we can make our way back to our safehouse.  After spending the better part of our weekend clearing out the church, its gonna be a bummer to see it go to waste :mad:

That line definitely hasn't been added to my ini file, so is the default internal? I've seen multiple reports of MP server upgrades 25 ->26 upgrade breaking the ability to finish server connection, and it does seem to be in map download that clients hang.

Missing entries should be added to the .ini file (I just tested and they are).

I should mention that to support multiple server configurations (or even multiple servers per machine) server admins can now give a unique name to the server using the -servername option.  By default the server name is "servertest" which gives you these files:

Zomboid/db/servertest.db            (replaces world.db)

Zomboid/Multiplayer/servertest/   (the save folder)

Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini      (replaces serverOptions.ini)

Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua          (optional file, use PZServerSettings to create it then rename it)

So if you use "java ... -servername MyServer" you will get these files:

Zomboid/db/MyServer.db

Zomboid/Multiplayer/MyServer/

Zomboid/Server/MyServer.ini

Zomboid/Server/MyServer_SandboxVars.lua

I host a local LAN game with my wife, and I'm having trouble getting our server to launch again when I change the .ini to spawn us in Westpoint.  I changed the line Map=Maldrough, KY to Map=Westpoint, KY and then the server won't launch.  It will launch just fine if I leave it as Maldrough, but both our characters have been deleted. 

I've pretty much assumed our characters are gone forever, but I'd like to be able to spawn back in Westpoint so we can make our way back to our safehouse.  After spending the better part of our weekend clearing out the church, its gonna be a bummer to see it go to waste :mad:

Check the spelling, it should be "Map=West Point, KY" the same as the "media/maps/West Point, KY" folder name.

You characters are saved on the client, in the map_p.bin file in your client save folder so you can back those up if your worried about losing them.  They shouldn't get removed unless you do a "soft reset" of the server (or delete the save folder).

LINUX ISSUE:

An issue on Linux with multiple monitors is sadly when full-screen the game not only grabs both monitors input (so it blackens out monitor #2), it also forces the resolution rather than being a full-screen borderless window (which really needs to be a standard).

Any chance of seeing this fixed? And until it is, it would be a good idea to have it start in windowed rather than full-screen for Linux players.

Missing entries should be added to the .ini file (I just tested and they are).

I should mention that to support multiple server configurations (or even multiple servers per machine) server admins can now give a unique name to the server using the -servername option.  By default the server name is "servertest" which gives you these files:

Zomboid/db/servertest.db            (replaces world.db)

Zomboid/Multiplayer/servertest/   (the save folder)

Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini      (replaces serverOptions.ini)

Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua          (optional file, use PZServerSettings to create it then rename it)

So if you use "java ... -servername MyServer" you will get these files:

Zomboid/db/MyServer.db

Zomboid/Multiplayer/MyServer/

Zomboid/Server/MyServer.ini

Zomboid/Server/MyServer_SandboxVars.lua

Check the spelling, it should be "Map=West Point, KY" the same as the "media/maps/West Point, KY" folder name.

You characters are saved on the client, in the map_p.bin file in your client save folder so you can back those up if your worried about losing them.  They shouldn't get removed unless you do a "soft reset" of the server (or delete the save folder).

Adding a space to "West Point" got the server to launch, but we were still spawning in Muldrough. I ended up changing the spawn coordinates to inside the church in West Point. Works for us, but on a larger server that would be a problem.

I saved the "multiplayer" file in my users/zomboid directory and deleted everything else right after the update. I think I deleted whatever the server needed to save our characters.

Thank you for the help.

I'm having a little issue.. every time I start the server, it asks me to create an administrator password.  Anyone else having this issue?

It asks me everytime too. I just enter in the same password everytime, and I haven't run into any problems.