RELEASED Build 26

RobertJohnson

Great to see the next steps already coming forward!  :-)  Is there any word yet on if the map will be updated during this build? For example adding Bedford falls and linking it with roads. That would be amazing!  :mrgreen:

AFAIK Bedford Falls is just Ringo's personal side project and won't be included on the vanilla game map.

Please again, do NOT use this post for personnal request/ETA thingy.

Will build 26 be compatible with the various build25s?

I had big plans for expanding my base under build 25c, but theres no point IMO if it wont be compatible with build 26.

Yup, we always add a warning when the save will not be compatible, but we always avoid being not compatible :)

RJ I will hands you a bowl of soup ^-^ i'm a level 5 cook so i could tell you if its poisoned or not and its not 

hehehe.......

But seriously will the pot of soup that has bleach poison in it be transfered to the bowl of soup with the poison effect?

What about the hunting? Isn't it also on its way?
Also the ability to move corpses, the biggest issue in the game right now.

give it time. so many things to do, and only so many people to do them.

But they posted the "move corpse video" a long time ago..

But they posted the "move corpse video" a long time ago..

they actually put it in a build, but there were a few issues with it so they took it out until they could be sure it was perfect.

Anything planned about the grabbing speed of the zombies being pretty slow in Multiplayer in this incoming version ?

On the actual 25c I ran down through 6 floors with stairs literally filled with zeds and haven't been grabbed once, I feel like a ninja ;o

Hello kind fellows !

Please don't use this post for your personal requests, answer here only if you want to talk about what's in the CURRENT patch note. If you want to report a new bug, or check the status of a previously reported bug please use the bug tracker.

Here's the current patch note for the next upcoming version.

[bUGFIX]

• Fixed the cabbage icon.
  • Some fix in the crafted item sprite (sometime they bug when reload).
  • Fixed the help text in admin command (if you misstyped something, now the help text will be correct).
  • [MP] You can now use character ' in your username.
  • [MP] Fixed zombie corpse with no item on them.
  • [MP] Fixed safety toggle sometimes not synced.
  • [MP] Even if DisplayUserName is off, you can now see the safety skull.

[NEW STUFF]

• NEW COOKING SYSTEM !
  • Tons of new items (mainly food), here's some example :
    • Pickles
    • BellPepper
    • Mustard
    • Peach
    • CakeBatter ...
  • New icons for some items.
  • New stab weapon : the hunting knife !
  • You can know choose to split a pot of soup (or stew.. Woops, spoiler) in 2 or 4 bowl.
  • Added a hunger reduction selection in recipe, for example now Butter;15 mean you gonna use 15 hunger reduction of the butter (and not all the butter).

[bALANCE]

• Changed the weight of some item :
    • Frying Pan from 2 to 1.
    • Pot of soup from 6 to 4.
  • Food benefit will now stay a bit longer (more realistic !).
  • Lowered the chance of finding a Spiffo (sorry :().

[TRANSLATION]

• Korean language is back !
  • Japanese language ! (thanks a lot Katzengarten !) :
    Spoiler
    ZgEMlLT.png

That means Cookies are in it!, right?!... right?

Anywho, a hunting knife sounds splendid!, now i can finally make my character more of a hunter!, except without animals!

A hunting knife sounds like the kind of knife I'd keep on standby for skinning and cleaning a tasty tasty animal rather than risk getting it covered in infected zed matter.

Also, will we need any kind of utensils for cooking? Seems like it would be rather difficult to add part of a chicken to the soup if I've got nothing to cut the chicken up.

Also, will we need any kind of utensils for cooking? Seems like it would be rather difficult to add part of a chicken to the soup if I've got nothing to cut the chicken up.

I had a talk with Andy about it, I want to add required tools to make recipe (like kitchen knife, seem pretty fair to cut everything...)

Now why would you nerf the Spiffo spawn rate? Does it serve a purpose in game that would give cause for this?

We just want it to be super very rare, and sometimes I see someone having 20 spiffo with him...

Awesome, greatly looking forward to this update :) Great work thus far guys. The game has been changed drastically over the 2 years I've owned the game. Most games tend to fall off from that time, but you all seem to always improve!

EDIT: I joined Desura the day I bought the game which was Aug 28, 2011. So almost 3 years now :o

Awesome, greatly looking forward to this update :) Great work thus far guys. The game has been changed drastically over the 2 years I've owned the game. Most games tend to fall off from that time, but you all seem to always improve!

EDIT: I joined Desura the day I bought the game which was Aug 28, 2011. So almost 3 years now :o

Have a (clyde) then ! Well, take more than one in fact, everyone need (clyde) so :  (clyde) (clyde) (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)