RELEASED Build 26

RobertJohnson

How to prepare boring soup (or other kind) now? I know, something changed in the way of preparation, but I have all things in my inventory, I think. I have cooking pot full of water, salmon, butter and even salt in my inventory, but when I click on cooking pot there is no option to prepare soup. Why? I'm also next to working oven.

Edit: ok, I took carrot into my inventory and then menu of preparation showed up. I wonder why I was not able to use it when I had only salmon.

Fish Soup is a thing in germany though :P

I don't know much about US fish soup culture (or French...), but salmon soup is entirely normal in Finland too. In addition, when in the zombie apocalypse, I would be extremely happy to have salmon in my soup. Hell, or any fresh fish for that matter. Or less fresh fish. Anything really, as long as I don't need to eat any more shoe leather. Point being, it doesn't make sense to have culinaristic restrictions on cooking in a world where shit has utterly hit the fan.

Fish Soup is a thing in germany though :P

I don't know much about US fish soup culture (or French...), but salmon soup is entirely normal in Finland too. In addition, when in the zombie apocalypse, I would be extremely happy to have salmon in my soup. Hell, or any fresh fish for that matter. Or less fresh fish. Anything really, as long as I don't need to eat any more shoe leather. Point being, it doesn't make sense to have culinaristic restrictions on cooking in a world where shit has utterly hit the fan.

Yep I agree with this.

I'm not sure about exactly how "normal" fish soup is in the U.S. I'd imagine it is but then again I interacted with and lived my life for the most part around second generation immigrant families. Doesn't make much sense to me to not be able to put fish into soup. Pretty much anything that's edible can go into soup if you ask me.

Edit: Also idk if anyone mentioned this but it seems like my spec icons aren't showing in game when I bring up my character menu. Small bug but anyway I'm really loving the expanded cooking system and can't wait for the day we finally get traps hehe. Especially bear traps to catch other players and npcs with.

Blood and farming tile are not in thid build, sorry for this I'll fix this for the next version :)

so, no farming as for now? will there be a hotfix for this?

will the blood/farming issue be solved in build 26 via hotfix or in the next build?

So with both the server and anyone of my friend that plays on my server have the same mods installed like the crafthelper ,  works  online ?

Edit: I know with this build crafthelp for example doesn't work but I mean with  older build that crafthelp works on, can we make it work for online too with friends?  if everyone has it ? And is there a way to revert back to build 25B or something like that ?

As a kentucky native, no on fish soups.

It would be a heckuva specialty. Fry it, make burgers out of it, eat it out of cans, smoke it, but no on soups.

Ain't no fish soups round here. ain't no how no way. We'll take it as a kindness if you just keep your fish outta my soups.

It would be a heckuva specialty. Fry it, make burgers out of it, eat it out of cans, smoke it, but no on soups.

Ain't no fish soups round here. ain't no how no way. We'll take it as a kindness if you just keep your fish outta my soups.

I think that this game isn't a "Kentucky Simulator" but the world it's BASED on it. Whit the new cooking system I don't see any problem to be able to make fish soup. If the last thing you found to eat it's a fish soup, you would say that you won't eat it because you're from Kentucky and the people there doesn't eat any fish soup? It's a survival game and you have to take max profit possible of every thing that you can eat. If we get in a complex matter about it, you can do a lot of things whit just the head of the fish, a lot of different sauces for rices, salads etc.

I want to add that we are here in the forums since the very early stage of the game, we are in the "wave" and we discuss everything in there. But a lot of people doesn't and I can imagine their faces when they see that they can't do something that the other 99% of the planet does and they wouldn't understand this point. -Why the hell I can't make a tasty fish soup?

One idea for this difference of opinions can be that you can make fish soup but you won't find any as a random generated loot in the world. I think it's an acceptable end. You won't see any fish soup in your gameplay world if you don't make it and we still can make something "normal" for the rest of us.

I have to point that I don't like the fish, but where I'm from, it's very typical to do (translated to english) the Canarian Fish Soup (or something like this). I know that Canary Islands are a very small portion of people, really small, but for example, Ditoseadio, the one who made the Spanish translation of Project Zomboid it's from here.

Sorry for my bad english...  :cry: 

I think that this game isn't a "Kentucky Simulator" but the world it's BASED on it. Whit the new cooking system I don't see any problem to be able to make fish soup. If the last thing you found to eat it's a fish soup, you would say that you won't eat it because you're from Kentucky and the people there doesn't eat any fish soup? It's a survival game and you have to take max profit possible of every thing that you can eat. If we get in a complex matter about it, you can do a lot of things whit just the head of the fish, a lot of different sauces for rices, salads etc.

I want to add that we are here in the forums since the very early stage of the game, we are in the "wave" and we discuss everything in there. But a lot of people doesn't and I can imagine their faces when they see that they can't do something that the other 99% of the planet does and they wouldn't understand this point. -Why the hell I can't make a tasty fish soup?

One idea for this difference of opinions can be that you can make fish soup but you won't find any as a random generated loot in the world. I think it's an acceptable end. You won't see any fish soup in your gameplay world if you don't make it and we still can make something "normal" for the rest of us.

I have to point that I don't like the fish, but where I'm from, it's very typical to do (translated to english) the Canarian Fish Soup (or something like this). I know that Canary Islands are a very small portion of people, really small, but for example, Ditoseadio, the one who made the Spanish translation of Project Zomboid it's from here.

Sorry for my bad english... :cry:

believe it was intended as a joke. Made me laugh anyway, especially imagining it with a kentucky accent :-)

Is it just me or did v26 allowed zombies to spawn in buildings? Im glad it's back, now all we need is those big hordes/migration as well as npc's of course....

They are - I have run into a few houses with them stuck in there (with no broken windows or doors). Actually I almost got bitten by one when I was clearing a house, found one in a bathroom and scared the crap out of me.

On a side note:

FPS drops from 3D models are definitely not as bad as they were in 25c can't wait until it's at the smoothness I had in 25a.

I think that this game isn't a "Kentucky Simulator" ...

And now we NEED a Kentucky Simulator...

But ok for salmon in soup, bear in mind the system is still in test, so don't hesitate to tell me that kind of thing, as a French i'll NEVER put a salmon in my soup... (neither in my pie... You weird UK people.)

Hey guys !

Quick hotfix released :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57d3kkh0ao71rkr/PZ_Build26Hotfix.rar

[bUGFIX]

• Farming, rain, fire and blood tiles are back !
  • Added the missing "Cut fillet" recipe.

[COOKING]

• Added Salmon as ingredient for Soup (erk.. :D)

[OTHER]

• Changed "Panfish" to "Sunfish".

Cookies! Cookies for you! Thanks you for the quick hot fix :P

In another side... Saaalmon in the Soooupp?!?! hahahahhaha what a dilema...

It's fish in any way :P

I and my friends are getting lots of 'Delay processing packet of type 64', and sometimes '57' messages on the clients, but the server thinks we've logged in before. It's really weird, since I was logged in fine on the last build. Clearing serverworld / user folders doesn't help

Having the same issue on a server I was able to play fine on last night.

Happened both with and without the hotfix.

I and my friends are getting lots of 'Delay processing packet of type 64', and sometimes '57' messages on the clients, but the server thinks we've logged in before. It's really weird, since I was logged in fine on the last build. Clearing serverworld / user folders doesn't help

Having the same issue on a server I was able to play fine on last night.

Happened both with and without the hotfix.

I suspect that the server isn't correctly adding the new map config line on upgrade, try adding

Map=Muldraugh, KY

into your servertest.ini file