Whopping Wompin' Weapons Whippin' Mod

kinyoshi

Pick Your Poison:  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are the blunt gun weapons damage and stuff realistic enough?

• Yes, all are fine
    • Yes, but not all (leave comment)
    • No, (leave comment)
    • Keep this: require Hammer and Screwdriver to "unstick" safety, because it gets jammed after using it as a blunt weapon.
  2. 2. Keep jaw stab kill move on sawn-off shotgun

3. 3. Regular blunt shotgun, should it have add-ons?

• Yes, add the Kitten knife with some ripped sheets
    • Yes, something else (leave comment)
    • WTF?? NO..

tumblr_m4z9aemWmf1r9srk7o1_500.jpg

"Say Hello To My Little Friends"

g2HNnuo.pngtY1bhX3.png

Bugs so far:

Ammo is lost on conversion if it is loaded. Infinite durability because of conversion.

Coming Soon (In order of me doing it):

Durability to remove the infinite on conversion issue.

Mod compatibility for more whipping.

Swing sprites.

Fix losing ammo on conversion issue.

It's my habit not to include instructions on how to use my mods, until people figure out how to use them :D.

Thank you Pezi for your feedback.

*TIPS*

• Firearms now have a safety switch, which will jam upon activation.
  • Unjam the safety switch with a screwdriver and hammer, a rather long process.
  • During the unjamming, you will need to clean your weapon with a dish or bath towel.
  • The blunted sawn-off shotgun can be used like a knife in close quarter combat.
  • The blunted shotgun can be crafted with ripped sheets or belts and knives for some ass-whooping.

DOWNLOAD: Main Download (PZ-Mods) || Mirror Download (My Dropbox Link)

Edited by kinyoshi

Whopping Wompin' Weapons Whippin'.

I hope you're happy, I bit my lip trying to say that and it's bleeding and missing a chunk of skin.

Yummy.. so now we can see your teeth even with your mouth closed, right?

Fortunately it isn't that bad :(.

Added a poll.

"For those of you who aren't sure what the following means:

"Add code to require Hammer and Screwdriver to "unstick" safety, because it gets jammed after using it as a blunt weapon." Let's create a make-believe situation.

You whip a zombie with your pistol. The zombie dies after a few swings, but leaves behind its skin and the like on your shiny gun. Your shiny gun is now filled with all sorts of gunk. Unless you have a hammer and a screwdriver to fix your gun, you will not be able to fire.

Want this in the game? Then vote for said option above."

For those of you who aren't sure what the following means:

"Add code to require Hammer and Screwdriver to "unstick" safety, because it gets jammed after using it as a blunt weapon."

It's because after you smack zombies with one of your guns, let's say a bone gets jammed in the safety. If you do not use a hammer and a screwdriver to "fix" your weapon you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHOOT.

Want this in the game? Then vote for this option.

Good explanation of it Pezi, thank you. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I think you should not require a hammer to take it apart, maybe even not a screwdriver, since most guns are made to be able to be stripped and cleaned fast and efficiently without any tools. military ones especially are designed to be able to "field-strip"- to take your weapon apart in the heat of battle. it should take a long time yes, but without any tools. maybe add some cleaning solvents that allow you to strip it and clean it faster if you have it on you. 

Just a thought  ;)

I think you should not require a hammer to take it apart, maybe even not a screwdriver, since most guns are made to be able to be stripped and cleaned fast and efficiently without any tools. military ones especially are designed to be able to "field-strip"- to take your weapon apart in the heat of battle. it should take a long time yes, but without any tools. maybe add some cleaning solvents that allow you to strip it and clean it faster if you have it on you. 

Just a thought  ;)

Removed the hammer/screwdriver part.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I've been viewing the forums for a few weeks, now, but this is my first post.

Love the mod, but I've been trying to make my own personal modifications to it. I thought that most of the weapons should have their damage toned down - especially on the Slice-and-Dice, as well as reduced EnduranceMod. I thought it was a shame that Mr. Stabby couldn't be fired, so I thought it would be great if you could add blades to all the guns (including the pistol!) to use as bayonets. I sort of got it working by just having a recipe to add a blade to each gun, then having a firing version and a safety version of each gun+bayonet. I've had lots of bugs, including guns getting infinite ammo, and recipes not working.

Of course, it would be much better if the issues with the gun being repaired on safety-switching and losing its ammo could be worked around. I also would like it if the weapon stayed equipped, if it was equipped before, and possibly a key press to instantly switch modes.

I've wanted to look into how this can be done, but I have no idea what most of the lua commands available are. Is there a list somewhere? I've only found ones for events and item stats.

Also, on the subject of jammed safety switches, I think maybe there could be a random chance of jamming each time the weapon is swung into something (zombie, door, etc.)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I hope you don't mind me poking around in your mod's innards!

Hello! I've been viewing the forums for a few weeks, now, but this is my first post.

Love the mod, but I've been trying to make my own personal modifications to it. I thought that most of the weapons should have their damage toned down - especially on the Slice-and-Dice, as well as reduced EnduranceMod. I thought it was a shame that Mr. Stabby couldn't be fired, so I thought it would be great if you could add blades to all the guns (including the pistol!) to use as bayonets. I sort of got it working by just having a recipe to add a blade to each gun, then having a firing version and a safety version of each gun+bayonet. I've had lots of bugs, including guns getting infinite ammo, and recipes not working.

Of course, it would be much better if the issues with the gun being repaired on safety-switching and losing its ammo could be worked around. I also would like it if the weapon stayed equipped, if it was equipped before, and possibly a key press to instantly switch modes.

I've wanted to look into how this can be done, but I have no idea what most of the lua commands available are. Is there a list somewhere? I've only found ones for events and item stats.

Also, on the subject of jammed safety switches, I think maybe there could be a random chance of jamming each time the weapon is swung into something (zombie, door, etc.)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I hope you don't mind me poking around in your mod's innards!

I really only made this mod as a stop-gap until someone (or me) could make something better, I'm honored I got your first post :D, by all means if you can make it better go ahead and thank you for your feedback :).

This, I guess goes for all of my "stop-gap" mods like this one that I made, even as crude as they are, just to give people what they want even though I can't yet expand them and make an expansive Sleeping or Lockpicking mod like RoboMat. I am digging through the LUA of PZ trying to learn stuff, actually working on a few lua mods.

If you or someone else can make my "stop-gap" mods better with lua instead of just the items/recipes scripting, consider this my permission to update, make and work on them, for your own personal use, or to post them on the forums, just give me a heads up you are working on them just in case I am attempting them in lua.

Edit: I just realized you said the recipes don't work sometimes :D, it hasn't happened to me, is there any errors in the console when trying the recipes?

• 2 months later...

Didn't tear through the whole thread.

I've fired weapons tossed in dirt, sand, completely submerged. Used my M9 as a hammer sometimes when you just gotta improvise. The safety sure as heck wouldn't stick and need a hammer.